Bypassing Wall on the Alderaan Battlefield

Kelvaris

Standing guard on the right during the battleground I watched several imps, one after another, Spider-man up the wall and get right to mid without having to go around. Just jumped a few times and they were over.

Now I have noticed that they seem to get behind me awful quick when I am taking mid, and now I know why. THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED IMMEDIATELY.

It is bad enough how imbalanced PvP is, but to have exploits/hacks/whatever ruining it as well is just about beyond belief. I know Bioware isn't a perfect company but I have come to expect much better than this.

why you can do it to. its not like only imps are able to do it. its not an exploit. they gave you the ability to jump.

It's not jumping. They glitch through the big dome wall straight from the other side. They bypass the walls entirely.

Edited by Dreadspectre

The wall is there to make you go around. If you think glitching over it is "as intended" you haven't really played many games. It is an exploit and it needs to be fixed. It unbalances the game to favor whoever is attacking mid over who is defending it. If you were meant to do it there would be a path and a ladder.

It's not jumping. They glitch through the big dome wall straight from the other side. They bypass the walls entirely.

That is not what the OP describes.

Saw what the OP described earlier today. They run along the edge of the ramp that goes underground, then just sideways onto the wall ledge, then run on the ledge around and lead just underneath that platform in the middle.

This isn't even an exploit. You can get over the wall there by using ledges and the terrain of the wall. Even just by looking at the outside wall you can tell you can get over that way, which makes it fairly obvious this little trick is intended.

There's also another way from mid to jump up ontop of the wall so you can see mid and the side by jumping up on a little thing on one of the walls inside mid.

Both are completely legit.

That is not what the OP describes.

Saw what the OP described earlier today. They run along the edge of the ramp that goes underground, then just sideways onto the wall ledge, then run on the ledge around and lead just underneath that platform in the middle.

In this game I would not be surprised if there is multiple exploits to get through walls. Bugs croppin up every day heh.

This isn't even an exploit. You can get over the wall there by using ledges and the terrain of the wall. Even just by looking at the outside wall you can tell you can get over that way, which makes it fairly obvious this little trick is intended.

There's also another way from mid to jump up ontop of the wall so you can see mid and the side by jumping up on a little thing on one of the walls inside mid.

Both are completely legit.

People PLEASE learn to read and COMPREHEND. I know the difference between someone playing Mario and hopping over a couple ledges and over the half walls. I'm talking about watching someone run up to the LARGE DOME WALL and then disappear into thin air and end up INSIDE NEXT TO THE CENTER NODE. I have no movement glitchiness in Alderaan, I run max setting flawlessly and have 50 ping. People are passing THROUGH the wall.

People PLEASE learn to read and COMPREHEND. I know the difference between someone playing Mario and hopping over a couple ledges and over the half walls. I'm talking about watching someone run up to the LARGE DOME WALL and then disappear into thin air and end up INSIDE NEXT TO THE CENTER NODE. I have no movement glitchiness in Alderaan, I run max setting flawlessly and have 50 ping. People are passing THROUGH the wall.

that is NOT what the OP described.

That sounds like a glitch, give it its separate thread, report it, but that isnt what is being discussed.

That's not what the OP is talking about. He's talking about people hopping onto the wall near the entrance to the underground part of mid, then going around it to bypass mid.

Which is not an exploit, and working as intended.

Oh you work for Bioware? You know for fact it is working as intended? Funny seems bypassing obstacles in pvp designed to make you go around is "working as intended " these days. To all of you working as intended crowd, please point to the Bioware post that says so.

i know there are ramps that lead to be able to jump onto the wall, i've seen it, i've done. That is perfectly legit. If this is not what there doin. Then i can't say what your seeing. i guess if it keeps happenin try and make a video. Might clear things up

ps. it may be faster for some goin over the wall, but you can fall too, slowing you down. And definately not faster if your waiting for others jumping the wall. Its more of look what i can do, not so much an advantage i would say.

Edited by SirGusto

This forums amaze me more every day.

In Alderran, there are objects, walls and terrain that if use correctly, can give you an advantage in defense/attack, it's not there by mistake people, it's there for people to use and discover.

Same with huttball, you guys ever notice the empty dumpsters, or the barricades? guess what that's for? same thing, clever use of what the game gives you to use.

Same on Voidstar, the weapon racks, the Missile racks, various containers, etc, there are there for a reason.

People need to stop using the word exploit the minute they see something their brain can't understand.

This forums amaze me more every day.

In Alderran, there are objects, walls and terrain that if use correctly, can give you an advantage in defense/attack, it's not there by mistake people, it's there for people to use and discover.

Same with huttball, you guys ever notice the empty dumpsters, or the barricades? guess what that's for? same thing, clever use of what the game gives you to use.

Same on Voidstar, the weapon racks, the Missile racks, various containers, etc, there are there for a reason.

People need to stop using the word exploit the minute they see something their brain can't understand.

I think you'll find the placement of most random objects is generally for the cover mechanic rather than some mario jumping intentions. :)