I wont be doing Kaon Under Siege..

deserttfoxx

Until you fix the current flaspoints.

You guys are working in some weird order here, you have more then enough flashpoints in game, i dont understand why you are adding new ones instead of just:

A: converting every old one into hard mode, Hammer station, mandalorian raiders, cademimu, etc, all great flashpoints, all completely skipped because of the pacing, all go unappreciated because they have no hardmode variation.

B: Fix the current broken ones.

Our static doesnt even do boarding party because every time we have done it, the final chest hasnt opened. 3 weeks now, final chest never opens, not even on the dev radar.

We stopped doing foundry because reven does 87k lightening bolts if you dont interrupt him at near inhuman speeds, or you dont have a sin tank to give you 3 extra seconds of breathing room.

Krel thak in battle for ilum, completely breaks and drops aggro if you have the nerve to kill any of his adds behind his back.

Jindo krey completely breaks if you hit 2 switches at once at any point in the encounter. Breaks, BREAKS! to the point where you have to reset the instance and reclear trash to fix him.

So as much as id love to beta test your new out of the blue flashpoint, i would prefer you fix the current flashpoints.

You guys are working in some weird order here, you have more then enough flashpoints in game, i dont understand why you are adding new ones instead of just:

A: converting every old one into hard mode, Hammer station, mandalorian raiders, cademimu, etc, all great flashpoints, all completely skipped because of the pacing, all go unappreciated because they have no hardmode variation.

Our static doesnt even do boarding party because every time we have done it, the final chest hasnt opened. 3 weeks now, final chest never opens, not even on the dev radar.

We stopped doing foundry because reven does 87k lightening bolts if you dont interrupt him at near inhuman speeds, or you dont have a sin tank to give you 3 extra seconds of breathing room.

Krel thak in battle for ilum, completely breaks and drops aggro if you have the nerve to kill any of his adds behind his back.

Jindo krey completely breaks if you hit 2 switches at once at any point in the encounter. Breaks, BREAKS! to the point where you have to reset the instance and reclear trash to fix him.

So as much as id love to beta test your new out of the blue flashpoint, i would prefer you fix the current flashpoints.

1) I agree... Cademimu is just awesome and I'd like to be able to do it now, as a lvl 50, and still having a challenge...

Colicoid sucks. **** Colicoid.

2) except for False Emperor's HK-47 (Normal Version) to be totally overpowered with HM stats and attacks... what else is bugged ?!? Hammer Station was bugged but it was in Early November. it was a sick mess and unplayable. I don't remember another bugged flashpoints otherwise... and not on this current version.

1) I agree... Cademimu is just awesome and I'd like to be able to do it now, as a lvl 50, and still having a challenge...

Colicoid sucks. **** Colicoid.

2) except for False Emperor's HK-47 (Normal Version) to be totally overpowered with HM stats and attacks... what else is bugged ?!? Hammer Station was bugged but it was in Early November. it was a sick mess and unplayable. I don't remember another bugged flashpoints otherwise... and not on this current version.

False Emperor has a couple still, on the final fight for instance:

The Boss will often be in a different position to where he looks visually, IE he looks like he is standing next to the healer but he is really next to the tank.

Players can get knocked into various parts of the ship so they can move for about 30 secs.

These can all be avoided through positioning etc. However, they are still bugs. And thats not counting the Jindo Krey bugs mentioned above (which I havent seen personally). Also we have had it so that up to two people in the party dont see the ship at all.

Most of the bugs in HM FPs have workarounds either in composition, positioning, movement etc. Personally, its the composition type that I would like to see have a higher priority

dont you get that fixing bugs and creating content isn't done by the same team?

I assumed that you had several crews of programmers/artists and that some flashpoints was done by one team and another one by a second. (and third etc) Working as a software developer the company has found out that it is best if the same team that did the original coding/design also get to deal with fixing the errors in what they created. First because they know the code, but equally important as it tends to create less buggy code if you yourself is forced to deal with fixing the errors you coded :D

dont you get that fixing bugs and creating content isn't done by the same team?

Completely understand that. However priorites aren't being followed.

The "new flashpoint" teams should be working on fixing the existing with that crew as well. period.

Too much **** is busted for them to be breaking out new content. Not very smart at all.

Or it's also possible the new features in 1.1 are things that were almost finished but left out of release for more development/testing/polishing. You don't just switch team's projects, the amount of time lost due to familiarization and getting people up to speed not only decreases their productivity, but also the people getting them up to speed. The arguement could be made to increase the size of the bug fix team, however you wouldn't want to cannibalize the new content teams to do so.

Or it's also possible the new features in 1.1 are things that were almost finished but left out of release for more development/testing/polishing. You don't just switch team's projects, the amount of time lost due to familiarization and getting people up to speed not only decreases their productivity, but also the people getting them up to speed. The arguement could be made to increase the size of the bug fix team, however you wouldn't want to cannibalize the new content teams to do so.

The point is we don't NEED new content right now. Not for at least 90 days. In that time frame everyone should be focused on class balance, graphics, and all the other ridiculous bugs that are basic common sense for an MMO to have corrected upon release.

The point is we don't NEED new content right now. Not for at least 90 days. In that time frame everyone should be focused on class balance, graphics, and all the other ridiculous bugs that are basic common sense for an MMO to have corrected upon release.

That is your opinion. It is not a fact.

Completely agree, however they might split work in a weird order i.e. they might have a team for bugfixes and a team for new content and somehow the content team works faster, creates maps, creates encounters (which are bugged but they dont care because they dont fix) and they're done.

This isn't something they've made completely new, the 1.1 content was probably still in the pipeline to be in the regular content until they released it early to get it out for Xmas.

Take a look at the hardmode pve tier tokens from the heroics so far (gonna use Empire as I know those ones):

Black Talon: Bracers

Boarding Party: Gloves

Foundry: Boots

Directive 7: Legs

Battle of Ilum: Off Hand

False Emperor: Chest

So far you're able to get your 4 set bonus but you're missing the headpiece and weapon (and belt but thats not as important as the other 2) and I don't think Bioware will let you get your Columi weapon outside of raid content so I would think the helm token is coming.

this content looks too well done to have been done in less than a month over the holiday period, I would assume it was almost finished on release and they've just been giving it the finishing touches (putting bugs in it :p) etc.

What I like is that they ARE fixing bugs in the current flashpoints. They have been steadily over the last few patches and there are some in the 1.1 notes.

People think finding and fixing bugs is a simple process.

Think of trying to find typos in a novel over a thousand pages long, split into multiple books(note, this is not a perfect analogy once it you get to the more complicated things).

Use the Lord of the Rings trilogy + The Hobbit if you want, it is certainly long enough.

You know there is a typo SOMEWHERE, but now you have to find it and fix it.

Sure, you can get lucky and just read through it very carefully word by word and it could be on the second page. Congratulations, you fixed it. What you did not count on was that by searching and fixing it you could have accidentally added or removed a letter or word somewhere by accident. Say you were testing words to see if they were typos and you forgot to remove whatever test letter you added.

So after applying the fix to the typo you found, you now need to check everything related to the typo and anything you already looked over.

Alright, everything looks good, go ahead and print it. OH NO, someone has reported there is a whole WORD missing that they did not catch before. They don't remember where it was because they read it awhile ago, but are 100% sure it is there.

You check the entire document again, only to find there ARE no missing words. You inform the reader of this and they assure you there IS a missing word. You check it again even MORE carefully, but still find no missing word in the entire document. The reader goes back and rereads the entire thing and does not notice the missing word.

Replace reader with irate forum-goer who doesn't understand coding and development teams and you have the typical case for most forum posts whining about lack of progress for bug patches/etc. in anything involving software code.

Do I expect you to understand how difficult coding is? Of course not, unless you actually DO code/debug or have at least LOOKED at code for large pieces of software, you are not likely to understand this. It still doesn't make it any more rational to bash development teams.

The worst is when you try and explain this to people and the trolls pop out of the woodwork with the classic lines like "everyone on the internet is a computer programmer, hurrrrr".

That book example by the way, if you want to add in even a bit MORE relation to coding nightmares, is just what the debuggers have to deal with in a finished product.

In this case, there are also between 1 and 10 authors at various times continually adding more chapters to the book, or revising old ones. The authors, while good at spelling and grammar just because they do it so often, are still not as good as the editors, so everything must be checked again every time someone adds something to it.

TL;DR: First of all, read it first if you feel like complaining about my post :p

Debugging thousands upon thousands of lines of code is an immensely time consuming process, even with MANY people working on it. These people are not the same people that generate new content, with the exception of your typical "systems architect" type coders that work on everything.

Edited by Necroclysm

1) you think they whipped up the rise of the rakghouls in one month? I'm sure this flashpoint was already being constructed and worked on long before the game went live.

2) fixing the current flashpoints, no-one plans for the bugs to happen, it's on the dev radar, just havent gotten a solution yet.

3) Boarding party, hk-47, revan and others are a little bugged, but there are work arounds, without exploiting.

Boarding party is simple, keep the dps and healer more than 31 yards away from the captain until he's all that's left. The chest buggs out if you wipe, so one shot him.

HK-47: ignore the turrets, but drop the missle barrages on them to pop the shields, then when HK-47 "assasinates a party member, when he dissappears, aoe him to interupt his execution.

Revan: the moment his hands glow purple, interupt his cast, it's like a .5 sec cast bar and can be interupted.

These are HARD modes, albeit a little too hard, but still designed to be hard

In before you accuse me of being a fanboy, the game is NOT the smoothest launch I've seen, and I'm upset with the bugs as well (note, I play marauder, so there), but I also know that QQing without positive feedback (even negative things can be reported in a positive manner) will never get any whips a crackin.

I too, would love to see the other flashpoints on hard mode, and even a nightmare mode eventually. Ecept colocoid, until it's been tuned, I hate that place, lol

From the 1.1 patch notes:

Fixed an issue preventing some players from opening a chest after a boss fight if the group was previously defeated by the boss.

Don't think I'd really consider that "not on the dev radar."

Why are you hitting two switches at once? You only need to hit the one that's closest to the ship.

I'm pretty sure that they have a lot of people working on fixing the bugs, just as they have people working on new content.

New content is definitely needed at this point, people are dropping like flies.

Why are you hitting two switches at once? You only need to hit the one that's closest to the ship.

I'm pretty sure that they have a lot of people working on fixing the bugs, just as they have people working on new content.

New content is definitely needed at this point, people are dropping like flies.

lmao, I was kinda thinking somethiong along teh same lines... Cause ya know, if you put a car's transmission into reverse while doing 70mph on the freeway, it will break, BREAK! the car...

Some people :)

Edited by Shadinaxx