Legacy System coming in March

Seattlite

Sounds interesting. I've got time until it's time for that content, as I'm what's known as a "casual". I've only got a level 43 and also a level 12 alt. Not even level 50 yet.

The Legacy Name is really cool, but the legacy levels will be really awesome (reminds me almost of Summoner levels and perks from League of Legends).

As for more Warfronts and more content, well power to them. It's nice and all that they're doing that.

What I'd really like to see is content in relation to seasonal/holiday events (i.e. something related to St. Patrick's Day). **by no means a doorstop from this game, just an extra idea***

the seasonal holiday loot is always a perk in games--i think it shows the community that the devs have some regard for their playing experience

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332031/interviews/star-wars-old-republic-11-weve-already-got-people-working-on-content-for-2013/?page=3

Along with Guild Banks, PvP rankings, and more leveling and end-game content as a part of the next major content patch in March. :D

As long as they keep working on optimization, the UI, and fixing the various issues, it looks good to me!

What do you guys think?

March for JUST guild banks? Seriously good lord - when is the UI going to be updated, next fall? :rolleyes:

The only thing promising in that is the full legacy system, which sounds cool.

Most of the temp-quitters have fairly unrealistic demands. Hell, most just point to WoW and wonder why TOR isn't as polished or content-packed.

I know right, how ridiculous for people to demand game system mechanics and features comparable to other mmo's released over the last 2-4 years. :rolleyes:

Most of the temp-quitters have fairly unrealistic demands. Hell, most just point to WoW and wonder why TOR isn't as polished or content-packed.

Yeah, I know, right! It is SO unfair and unreasonable to expect a $200 million dollar/multiple-years-in-development game from the biggest studio in the gaming industry to be anywhere near as smooth and polished as a last-decade game like WoW! Sheesh people, lower your expectations a bit, I mean come on...

:wea_03: Lightsaber!

I know right, how ridiculous for people to demand game system mechanics and features comparable to other mmo's released over the last 2-4 years. :rolleyes:

Mechanics and features, no, not ridiculous. Content, economy, and refinement... I think that's pretty far-fetched to expect from a launch MMO. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, right! It is SO unfair and unreasonable to expect a $200 million dollar/multiple-years-in-development game from the biggest studio in the gaming industry to be anywhere near as smooth and polished as a last-decade game like WoW! Sheesh people, lower your expectations a bit, I mean come on...

WoW may be last-decade, but it's also been evolving for however dated it may be. No MMO will, at launch, be able to compete with WoW content- or polish-wise out of the box. It is totally unreasonable. It took WoW 7+ years to achieve the polish & content it now has.

Edited by Seattlite

lets be honest, guild banks are worthless. What would we possibly do with that?

Theres no economy. At 50 you have no need for any crafting stuff so you don't spend money. I don't see the point at all and at this moment it might actually be the worst implementation in the game.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed in this.

People say, "It's a new MMO and it takes time" or something along those lines but what they don't realize, or are simply turning a blind eye to, is that a lot of this stuff is pretty standard fare for new MMO's to launch with now-a-days. I mean, 3 months after launch guilds will see a guild bank?

Really?

REALLY?!? I honestly can't remember the last MMO I played that didn't launch with that simple feature implemented. But for some reason, that's like a huge undertaking for TOR? I simply don't understand that. Don't get me wrong, I honestly wish I could understand that... but I don't. I think it's because I can't think of an MMO out there that doesn't have a guild bank.

I mean, that seems like something that really should have been developed over a year ago. Seriously. 3 months to put in a guild bank?!? A GUILD BANK? Actually, longer than that. Because they promised us a Guild bank a month before launch. Stating that it was, and I quote, "at the top of our priority list". If that's the rate of their workmanship, no wonder they have people already tasked for content ETA'd for 13 months out.

They're gonna need that much time just to get the loot tables right.

Edited by Gankstah

Wow March? There's no way my interest will be held until March.

Disappointed.

Prime example of total overreaction, unrealistic demands and down right spoiled gaming. Half way through the month of Jan + Feb = March. Heaven helps us, it's a whole 45-60 days! (ignoring that we have a content + bugs patch coming out in a few days)

You locust type MMO players that burn through new MMOs faster than playoffs run really astound me. Then you come to forums and QQ, moan and yell in everyone's face because you don't know how to manage your time properly.

I have yet to see a MMO launch not riddles by these sordid types. Why can't you just quit and shut up. Oh, that's right, because despite all the doom and gloom you preach you're going to stay subbed and play because it's just oooh so horrible, right?

/ragerant

Wow. Really impressed with how much stuff is already on its way.

And I'm not even level 50 yet. D:

And I need to get all the Datacrons!

And fill out all the maps of everywhar!!!

AND I HAVEN'T EVEN DONE HALF THE FLASHPOINTS YET!!!

Blargarggarhargrrhhrhr....

^This is me as well. I've been taking it slowly, experimenting with alts and builds on both sides. Almost 50 on my main, and I'll be busy for a while even prior to the 1.1 content here in a couple days.

I'll never understand why people rush through MMOs like a race; its only a setup to his the content wall early.

lets be honest, guild banks are worthless. What would we possibly do with that?

Theres no economy. At 50 you have no need for any crafting stuff so you don't spend money. I don't see the point at all and at this moment it might actually be the worst implementation in the game.

Considering the clamor in the forums about making endgame crafting more viable, I'd assume the BW is looking at options of doing just that.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed in this.

People say, "It's a new MMO and it takes time" or something along those lines but what they don't realize, or are simply turning a blind eye to, is that a lot of this stuff is pretty standard fare for new MMO's to launch with now-a-days. I mean, 3 months after launch guilds will see a guild bank?

Really?

REALLY?!? I honestly can't remember the last MMO I played that didn't launch with that simple feature implemented. But for some reason, that's like a huge undertaking for TOR? I simply don't understand that. Don't get me wrong, I honestly wish I could understand that... but I don't. I think it's because I can't think of an MMO out there that doesn't have a guild bank.

I mean, that seems like something that really should have been developed over a year ago. Seriously. 3 months to put in a guild bank?!? A GUILD BANK? Actually, longer than that. Because they promised us a Guild bank a month before launch. Stating that it was, and I quote, "at the top of our priority list". If that's the rate of their workmanship, no wonder they have people already tasked for content ETA'd for 13 months out.

They're gonna need that much time just to get the loot tables right.

You know, WoW didn't launch with a guild bank. In fact, it took them about 3 years to implement.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_2.3.0

Edited by Seattlite

Really tho is a guild bank going to really keep us interested ?

PvP is boring.

End game content is boring.

Ilum is pointless. (see more gold farmers in Ilum then people pvping)

Not to mention how unbalanced pvp is @ 50 if you not Imp, due to animations bugs.Then you have problem with one side winning more and getting ahead and making it very hard for other side to catch up gear wise.

Still haven't fixed group bug so when you leave pvp you have to setup group again. (this alone made my friend quit).

I fear the damage is already done, on my server at least any ways. You got 40% more imps and they mostly are all 50s with almost full pvp sets. Rep are mostly 30-40, some 50s like my self with almost full pvp sets. Enter a Wz and are faced to fight 6 50s with full sets with only 2 50s and 6 low levels. Problem is if anyone sub 50 fights a avg geared 50, its always going to end in lose because of expertise. This is worst part for me, bioware have gone down same route as WoW and ruined pvp. They just had to add an elite stat that totally ruins pvp. Taking it beyond skill and turning it into a gear feast. That for me is a bridge too far.

Edited by Paralassa
content

Kinda off topic but did anyone else think "Really?!" when they said Sith Inquisitors were more popular than they thought they would be. All the class polls had the SIs as the most popular choice and the talk of OPness from the beta only added to that. Makes me wonder if they actually paid attention to anything pre-release.

Anybody know if you can turn off the legacy name? I don't want to pick one ( I find it odd to have last names on my characters) that applies to all my characters. If not, any word on if they are implementing the ability to do so? I'm getting tired of clicking the X to close the choose a legacy name box.

All the other things mentioned sound great!

Edited by Seattlesciren

Kinda off topic but did anyone else think "Really?!" when they said Sith Inquisitors were more popular than they thought they would be. All the class polls had the SIs as the most popular choice and the talk of OPness from the beta only added to that. Makes me wonder if they actually paid attention to anything pre-release.

Reason they OP is because first off they just OP to start with with the skills they given. Add to that at 50 the 10% healing/damage and mitigation and they just impossible to kill 1v1. Add that to team of 4 of them in pvp and its crazy.

The expertise thing is very important because tanks/DPS with no heals suffer because they only get 2 + effects from expertise as the sith Inquisitors get 3 and it really counts in the end game pvp.

Anybody know if you can turn off the legacy name? I don't want to pick one ( I find it odd to have last names on my characters) that applies to all my characters. If not, any word on if they are implementing the ability to do so? I'm getting tired of clicking the X to close the choose a legacy name box.

You can turn it off in options. You have three options there. Off, as a surname, or as a title.

Yes in preferences you can disable your legacy title.

PvP is boring.

Not to mention how unbalanced pvp is @ 50 if you not Imp, due to animations bugs.Then you have problem with one side winning more and getting ahead and making it very hard for other side to catch up gear wise.

Still haven't fixed group bug so when you leave pvp you have to setup group again. (this alone made my friend quit).

I fear the damage is already done, on my server at least any ways. You got 40% more imps and they mostly are all 50s with almost full pvp sets. Rep are mostly 30-40, some 50s like my self with almost full pvp sets. Enter a Wz and are faced to fight 6 50s with full sets with only 2 50s and 6 low levels. Problem is if anyone sub 50 fights a avg geared 50, its always going to end in lose because of expertise. This is worst part for me, bioware have gone down same route as WoW and ruined pvp. They just had to add an elite stat that totally ruins pvp. Taking it beyond skill and turning it into a gear feast. That for me is a bridge too far.

In your opinion.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

PvP is boring.

I want say I speak for "us", but yeah the whole ratio of Imperial to Republic is crazy. I really wish I had rolled my Sage on a server that had a Republic sounding name. Guess not many Republic players rolled Shadow Hand because there's literally twice as many Imperials on the fleet than Republic during peak hours. But I should have expected that with a server name like Shadow Hand.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote