Hey gabe, thank you for all the pvp stun!

Zilliztra

Beeing stunned in pvp is really enjoyable, please make stuns last longer than they currently do, and add more, because then I do not have to move at all while playing a warzone!

Yes, I was beeing ironic.

Edited by Zilliztra

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has a stun

That's called balance

If you're getting stunned by a train of 2+ people, that's your team's fault. They would kill you regardless, because of numbers

Sentinels do not have a stun...

Edited by Tierya

Everyone has a stun

That's called balance

If you're getting stunned by a train of 2+ people, that's your team's fault. They would kill you regardless, because of numbers

Some classes have multiple stuns and snares. Also, resolve doesn't kick in quickly enough to be of any benefit.

But I agree with the OP. I don't feel like I'm being stunned or snared enough in PvP, nor do I believe the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior knockbacks send my flying nearly far enough to be enjoyable. Please improve these as well. Nothing is more fun than not being able to control my character or being moved as far as possible from my objective.

Everyone has a stun

That's called balance

That is a bit of a silly answer.

Balance is irrelevant, what is relevant is the fun.

If everyone could 1 shot everyone else at 50m range, sure it would be balanced, but how much fun would it be?

pressing one ability and hoping you got it in before your opponent.

I mean, just how much fun is whack-a-mole?

Sentinels do not have a stun...

Sentinels do have a stun, called Force Stasis*. Learn how to play your own class. Holy God, no wonder there's so many bad players in this game that cry. They don't even know their own classes.

EDIT: Guess someone beat me to it.

Edited by BurnsTwoThree

That is a bit of a silly answer.

Balance is irrelevant, what is relevant is the fun.

If everyone could 1 shot everyone else at 50m range, sure it would be balanced, but how much fun would it be?

pressing one ability and hoping you got it in before your opponent.

I mean, just how much fun is whack-a-mole?

Straw man moar

Sentinels do have a stun, called Force Stasis*. Learn how to play your own class. Holy God, no wonder there's so many bad players in this game that cry. They don't even know their own classes.

EDIT: Guess someone beat me to it.

Erm that is a mez....oh you edited it now....ok.

Just thought that was funny, you berating other people for not being able to play and then placing up the name of a mez ability and claiming it as a stun.

Thank to lord for edit huh.

Some classes have multiple stuns and snares. Also, resolve doesn't kick in quickly enough to be of any benefit.

But I agree with the OP. I don't feel like I'm being stunned or snared enough in PvP, nor do I believe the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior knockbacks send my flying nearly far enough to be enjoyable. Please improve these as well. Nothing is more fun than not being able to control my character or being moved as far as possible from my objective.

Drakos! I r missing the good times we had in the beta forums. Also, 100% agree. BW less control of our toons please. The solution to the current problem? Keep resolve as is, add one more 5 second stun to every class and reduce the cooldown on all current stuns by 10 seconds.

Force Stasis is what you poeple consider a stun? Okay ...then I wanna see a DPS channeling his stun and enjoy the QQ about that which will come in. Imagine an operative channeling his opener :> Edited by neocoma

Erm that is a mez....oh you edited it now....ok.

Just thought that was funny, you berating other people for not being able to play and then placing up the name of a mez ability and claiming it as a stun.

Thank to lord for edit huh.

That is not a mez. It does not break on contact.

~ The more you know ~

Straw man moar

Do you even know what a straw man argument is?

Definition:

A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

That is what YOU have done.

What the OP posted was that being stunned was NOT enjoyable.

You said it was balanced.

What has that got to do with enjoyment?

I have dragged you back to the actual argument, away from YOUR strawman argument.

Why not answer the criticism instead of attempting to change the argument?

That being stunned is not fun. I don't care about a 2min cc breaker, I don't care about the resolve bar.

At times you will be stunned, and you will be able to do nothing about it.

Is that fun?

No, because you can't do anything but watch, and if people just wanted to watch, they would be on Youtube or at the cinema or watching a DVD.

Interaction is fun, being stunned is not interacting.

Do you even know what a straw man argument is?

Definition:

A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

That is what YOU have done.

What the OP posted was that being stunned was NOT enjoyable.

You said it was balanced.

What has that got to do with enjoyment?

I have dragged you back to the actual argument, away from YOUR strawman argument.

Why not answer the criticism instead of attempting to change the argument?

That being stunned is not fun. I don't care about a 2min cc breaker, I don't care about the resolve bar.

At times you will be stunned, and you will be able to do nothing about it.

Is that fun?

No, because you can't do anything but watch, and if people just wanted to watch, they would be on Youtube or at the cinema or watching a DVD.

Interaction is fun, being stunned is not interacting.

If you think balanced combat isn't the epitome of fun in PvP... please quit video games

Drakos! I r missing the good times we had in the beta forums. Also, 100% agree. BW less control of our toons please. The solution to the current problem? Keep resolve as is, add one more 5 second stun to every class and reduce the cooldown on all current stuns by 10 seconds.

Ahh good times, good times.

If you think balanced combat isn't the epitome of fun in PvP... please quit video games

No it isn't.

Using skill is fun, using tactics and knowledge and experience to beat your opponent is fun.

I think you should go back to FPS is you think that balance is the be all and end all of PvP.

Using skill is fun, using tactics and knowledge and experience to beat your opponent is fun.

Stuns and mezzes ARE tactics

I came from a game called Rift. The PvP was awful. DR was massive. There was barely any slows, stuns, snares, or mezzes. You just went in a WZ and did dps, or did healing. It was awful.

Every class having a stun adds a great deal of strategy and timing to killing healers.

Please don't judge it off of your low level of experience, because that isn't giving it a fair chance. Of course you are going to die to 50's, and the game isn't balanced around that.

Wait for level 50 brackets.

Stuns and mezzes ARE tactics

I came from a game called Rift. The PvP was awful. DR was massive. There was barely any slows, stuns, snares, or mezzes. You just went in a WZ and did dps, or did healing. It was awful.

Every class having a stun adds a great deal of strategy and timing to killing healers.

Please don't judge it off of your low level of experience, because that isn't giving it a fair chance. Of course you are going to die to 50's, and the game isn't balanced around that.

Wait for level 50 brackets.

Stuns and mezzes are tactics. And it's nice, when they're used to control the flow of battle.

What's not fun for anyone is when you can use them to completely shut down someone, destroy them, turn, and repeat.

Stunning someone in the midst of a channeled ability or long cast is one thing. Mezzing someone to allow a critically wounded ally some small recovery time is one thing.

Permanently setting everyone to <90% Move Speed and, on average, keeping them stunned 50% of the time they're engaging in battle does not make for enjoyable PvP.

This as a Sith Inquisitor, who gets all of these tools. It's ridiculous.