synkode

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit Everquest 1 to play TOR

Still love Everquest, just wish their last expansion had been more casual oriented. My brother plays WOW but I highly doubt he could handle TOR. Considering I'm paying for his WOW account and this game isn't for newbs like him.

I left WoW to not play WoW. Does that count?

Isn't that really why almost everyone leaves WoW? In the vain hopes they will find something to cut off their seemingly unbreakable attachment to that game?

IMO that's why so many MMO's fail. They copy WoW, then wonder why players who are already painfully bored of playing WoW find their new game quickly boring.

I never played WoW because that game sucks and looks stupid. Also cartoon high fantasy elves and gnomes make me feel like I'm playing a game designed for 12 year olds.

I have no idea how the pandas are going to look, but I bet I'll LOL in real life when I see a screen shot of them.

Apparently, by the posts on this forum, the fact that I never played WoW has contributed greatly to my enjoyment of SWTOR, as I don't have to constantly compare it to WoW and complain all day that this game is not a big enough clone of that other game.

WoW suffered from the Everquest clone comparisons.....We suffer from the WoW clone comparisons. How the genre works.

Thing is, those comparisons were irrelevant for WoW, which had more players after 1 month than had ever played EQ in its entire existance.

If you can bring millions of brand-new players to your game, it doesn't matter how derivative your game is because your players won't know the difference. No other game has had that advantage since WoW.

Edited by Mannic

I left wow earlier but not for swtor.

I will be leaving swtor for tera/gw2. Those two games represent what a mmo should be in the year 2012 up to date graphic engines, and a new mmo style for both combat and questing.

Swtor is a starwars fanboy game, most mmo players agree this is not a "true" mmo and it will not keep many around in the coming months unless there are major changes coming, in that case I will be incorrect.

I'm still an avid WoW player. I love both games.

In EVE, people hate WoW...

In Rift, people hate WoW...

In SWTOR, people hate WoW...

yet I love all 4 games. I don't get it. why the hate?

Good question.

I'm playing SWTOR and WoW at the moment and enjoying them both. I played a bit of Rift too. Enjoyed it. So I didn't leave anything for anything I sort of just... Play.

I'm still an avid WoW player. I love both games.

In EVE, people hate WoW...

In Rift, people hate WoW...

In SWTOR, people hate WoW...

yet I love all 4 games. I don't get it. why the hate?

People do hate wow in EVE. Thats a special whole different kind of hate than what we see here.

Swtor is a starwars fanboy game, most mmo players agree this is not a "true" mmo and it will not keep many around in the coming months unless there are major changes coming, in that case I will be incorrect.

I would love to see the statistical data that was used to arrive at this conclusion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.