If Operatives were not a problem

fuzzyfelix

I don't understand how anyone could try and defend the burst they have. It's more funny than frustrating when an operative just ***** my gunslinger without me not being able to do a single thing. It's the only class who can kill me in under 5 seconds. I know MMO's are not balanced around 1v1, but when the only way to not lose a duel is throw all your cc-spells (if you don't trinket a stun you are dead) at him and run away just hoping you get away with your ~20%, there's something wrong. And I have been butchered by several different operatives, though most of them had relatively good gear.

The problem is their sustained damage is pretty **** but the burst is ridicilous. There needs to be a better balance between the two.

Is there seriously any class that can have any chance to win against scoundrel / operative in 1v1?

Edited by Bosseking

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No one would be posting ONLY about Operatives but other classes. I have sat here for about 20 minutes reading the first 5 pages of threads and the only class I see people having complaints about being OP is the Operative. Obviously if its more then one person saying something about it, something must be partially true. I personally get 1 shotted from Operatives on my Sith Assassin and only last a few seconds on my Bounty Hunter Merc.

I tried to not jump on the band wagon about "Oh OPS are way too OP" but after tonight's results in PVP I have finally gave in, I'm sorry but Operatives need something adjusted.

NO....

I would expect someone to defend their class. All I have to say is look through all the threads in the PVP forums and find just 1 thread complaining about a class that is not OPS and i'll admit I was in the wrong and I should shut my mouth; until then please look at this with an open mind instead of jumping on a person about an opinion shared by the majority.

Haven't read past this part yet, but....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=176497 Nerf healers

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=176518 Nerf Sentinals

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=176243 Nerf sorc/Sage

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=176555 Nerf Force leap

This is in the first two pages. Was another nerf sorc thread as well. Heck a saw a nerf tanks (taunt) thread not that long ago.

An interesting thing about the knockdown from stealth is that taking that talent is actually a nerf to an Ops control. It's good for shock and awe, but not much else. It fills the resolve bar, thus negating our 3 sec stun and 8 sec mez. I would much rather not have the knockdown so that I can 3 sec stun after my opening rotation to let backstab come off CD. Then use the 8 sec mez as a second interrupt.

I can just imagine the epic QQ if Ops had their current burst while being able to completely lockdown the other player.

When you get knocked down by an Op, don't say, "I hate being knocked flat on my back!" Instead, you should say, "Thank God that filled my resolve bar."

this. CC-break, sprint/def cd whatever while knockdown = 100% win

It's a 3s stun, 3 second stuns would normally give 600 resolve, ours give 1000 resolve leading to instant cc-immunity. So if you die in these 3 seconds because you have no CC-break up or pre-shielded, just crappy gear or whatever you deserve to die.

Edited by Sumpfheini

I don't understand how anyone could try and defend the burst they have. It's more funny than frustrating when an operative just ***** my gunslinger without me not being able to do a single thing. It's the only class who can kill me in under 5 seconds. I know MMO's are not balanced around 1v1, but when the only way to not lose a duel is throw all your cc-spells (if you don't trinket a stun you are dead) at him and run away just hoping you get away with your ~20%, there's something wrong. And I have been butchered by several different operatives, though most of them had relatively good gear.

The problem is their sustained damage is pretty **** but the burst is ridicilous. There needs to be a better balance between the two.

Is there seriously any class that can have any chance to win against scoundrel / operative in 1v1?

equally geared sages itt can go either way

sentinels are unbeatable

powertechs are gay