1.1 PVP outrage, Bioware Rewarding AFKers with Huge PVP edge

Borkoo

1.1 notes:

"Battlemaster Gear Tokens have been converted into Battlemaster Commendations, which can be used to purchase any Battlemaster gear. This allows players to purchase any piece of gear instead of requiring them to purchase the piece indicated by the token.

Battlemaster Bags now contain Battlemaster Commendations instead of Battlemaster Gear Tokens. They still also contain Champion Commendations."

So, those who got Battlemaster the first couple weeks by afking in warzones 24/7 should have nearly full sets due to random drops from bags. As of the next patch, legitimate new and future battlemasters will get 1 item every couple weeks by getting 6 comms per day. This assumes the commendation prices are consistent with centurion/champion gear.

I won't be renewing my account if this is as it appears to be. I know some others in my guild feel the same, and any serious pvper who hasn't got battlemaster yet is going to be mad when they learn of this.

Edited by Borkoo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1.1 notes:

"Battlemaster Gear Tokens have been converted into Battlemaster Commendations, which can be used to purchase any Battlemaster gear. This allows players to purchase any piece of gear instead of requiring them to purchase the piece indicated by the token.

Battlemaster Bags now contain Battlemaster Commendations instead of Battlemaster Gear Tokens. They still also contain Champion Commendations."

So, those who got Battlemaster the first couple weeks by afking in warzones 24/7 should have nearly full sets due to random drops from bags. As of the next patch, legitimate new and future battlemasters will get 1 item every couple weeks by getting 6 comms per day. This assumes the commendation prices are consistent with centurion/champion gear.

I won't be renewing my account if this is as it appears to be. I know some others in my guild feel the same, and any serious pvper who hasn't got battlemaster yet is going to be mad when they learn of this.

working as intended bro

lolbioware

Oh let me say this first before the elitists show up too.

If you were TRULY a SERIOUS PvP'er, you'd have it all already.

:rolleyes:

Actually, I recently did get it by pvping a stupid amount which is how I know the people who got it within a couple weeks were afking/exploiting.

No different than wow teams hoarding points to get all top tier gear at the start of a new season.

It's different because Blizzard didn't drastically change the reward rate mid-season.

Edited by Borkoo

Oh no, not all the people who hit Valor Rank 65 already and snagged 10-20 Battlemaster bags..

It's different because Blizzard didn't drastically change the reward rate mid-season.
lol not even a month post-launch yet Edited by Gorgewall

Oh no, not all the people who hit Valor Rank 65 already and snagged 10-20 Battlemaster bags..

You only need valor rank 60 and regardless of how many of these afkers there are, they shouldn't be allowed to retain an edge for months because Bioware turns off the epic spigot only after they cheated.

Edited by Borkoo

Great thing about MMO's is that all gear will become obsolete in time.

Honestly bro, cool off, crap like this happens a lot when a new game comes out. Quit, do us all a favor, blah blah. Here is the thing...what is the point of PvP gear for PvP? To do more of the same 3 warzones? PvP sucks right now, gear doesn't really matter, there are no ratings.

Edited by SirCruor

Well there is still time , just go stay afk , what is the problem lol.

Currently you only get the loot randomly from battlemaster bags. You can get 16 of them per week at most and if you haven't gotten the items by Tuesday, then it appears it will take you many months to get your set. People who were a couple weeks ahead (likely due to exploiting) will be pushed months ahead.

Great thing about MMO's is that all gear will become obsolete in time.

Honestly bro, cool off, crap like this happens a lot when a new game comes out. Quit, do us all a favor, blah blah. Here is the thing...what is the point of PvP gear for PvP? To do more of the same 3 warzones? PvP sucks right now, gear doesn't really matter, there are no ratings

The BM gear will not be obsolete. Instead it will remain the best pvp gear, but it will be harder to get and give an advantage for a longer period of time. The PVP sucking due to bugs/unresponsiveness/lack of competitive focus is another issue and also contributes to my decision to unsub. However, I figured those would be improved. The change that is the topic of this thread is different. It shows a lack of competence and respect for the players, whereas the other stuff is just about releasing the game before it was done. Patches that take steps backwards are unacceptable.

Edited by Borkoo

Currently you only get the loot randomly from battlemaster bags. You can get 9 of them per week at most and if you haven't gotten the items by Tuesday, then it appears it will take you many months to get your set. People who were a couple weeks ahead (likely due to exploiting) will be pushed months ahead.

But why cant ya get the gear now before tuesday?

Just more and more reasons piling up to quit. PVP was the only thing in the game you can do to get gear since all their Hard Modes are broken. I am getting tired of this game company already.. and its been a whole month. I am starting to be pissed I spent money on 2 Collector editions.

1.1 notes:

you actually take pvp seriously in a game where gear is half your skill?

you actually take pvp seriously in a game where gear is half your skill?

Serious PvP'rs in any MMO eventually end up with the same gear at a certain competitive level - gear only matters in randoms and lower bracket PvP.

Suprised you don't "know" this.