[VIDEO] Champion Sentinel Solo PvP

Moldrany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy_fhuIwh3U

http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=979&stream=69 (for german people that can't watch it on youtube)

Level 50 Combat Sentinel solo PvP vid.

- all fights recorded in PvP warzones and Ilum (open world PvP)

- level 50 opponents only

- 1v1, 1v2, 1vx

3/35/3 Combat Spec

If you have any questions, please post them here in this thread or as youtube comment.

Edited by Moldrany

Really enjoyed your video, you're doing a really good job with your sent :D. That felt really good when In Flames started (yay!) and finishing by APC is great :D.

Just wanted to know, you lvled up as combat ? (just being curious don't want to start an other thread about combat vs watchman lvling blablabla)

You're definitely a solid player, but I've got to ask... why do around 3 out of every 5 you fight lack even their own self buffs, no less buffs from other classes, and most of the time you've only got your own self buffs? Maybe it's a EU thing, but on the US servers not having your self buff up is embarrassing, and if you have yours up your teammates are likely to have it too...

Moldrany,

Quick question.

Does these work in PvP, I tried but they don't seem to fire, or don't seemed to do anything:

Opportune Strike (On slowed or immbolized targets)

Pommel Strike (On Incapcitated targets)

Pacify (Reduces accuracy by 90% for 6 sec)

I think I saw you do Pommel or something to that effect but the sorc was still moving.

Moldrany,

Quick question.

Does these work in PvP, I tried but they don't seem to fire, or don't seemed to do anything:

Opportune Strike (On slowed or immbolized targets)

Pommel Strike (On Incapcitated targets)

No and No.

Pacify (Reduces accuracy by 90% for 6 sec)

I think I saw you do Pommel or something to that effect but the sorc was still moving.

Yes, Pacify works, it's why he floored that marauder, the marauder didn't counter with his own blind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy_fhuIwh3U

[swtormovies link] coming soon

Level 50 Combat Sentinel solo PvP vid.

- all fights recorded in PvP warzones and Ilum (open world PvP)

- level 50 opponents only

- 1v1, 1v2, 1vx

3/35/3 Combat Spec

If you have any questions, please post them here in this thread or as youtube comment.

I been playing a sent too I have 2 pieces of Champion gear I would like to know more about your rotation and if you have any tips about champion bags because I have opened my last 15 and got nothing. Do you open in groups? Do you get a x amount before opening them? Thanks!

I been playing a sent too I have 2 pieces of Champion gear I would like to know more about your rotation and if you have any tips about champion bags because I have opened my last 15 and got nothing. Do you open in groups? Do you get a x amount before opening them? Thanks!

There is no benefit of opening bags in groups, each bag has the same chance of an item.

You should open them as soon as you get them.

I'm using no standard rotation in PvP (only on stationary PvE fights which also don't happen often).

I'm using a priority system instead depending on the situation and my cooldowns available. I try to save defensive CDs for each situation, in 1v1 I often use Pacify and against multiple opponents my big defensive CDs. Guarded by the Force & Heals afterwards comes after that, and as a last resort I use Force Camouflage to get OOC and heal or to get a healing consumable.

Oh man... My favorite part of this video is around 11:10 when you almost get killed by a tracer missile spamming merc and both Force Kick and Force Stasis are on CD.

Just goes to show that tracer missile spam needs a nerf... so ridiculous how much damage they can put out with a single spell

Very sick video. Good tracklist, solid pacing, and showed some great fights.

I really hope you make some more.

Edited by Grunnd

This is what I prefer

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bcZRMZGMRrzbRdGR.1

focus has much better resistance than combat. 2 range closers. slash+20% armor penetration that generates focus with zen. I just don't think blade rush is that good. the base damage is too low and even with the ataru proc it's barely over slash in shi-cho. force exaustion is devastating. thats about 8500 damage alone, costing a total of 4 focus.