Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Tired of getting slaughtered by Operatives.

Coyotecalls

Seriously, they can stun you and charge up a shot followed by instant casts that takes over half your life. fighting an operative is like starting the fight naked and they can do it from the OTHER SIDE of the battle field. It's INSANE.

here dude watch this and make some threads about them.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because obviously it was MY choice to get shot from the other side of the map. Your logic is, as always, flawless.

Perhaps you are saying that people just shouldn't PVP in the same arenas as Operatives? We should all quit? Gee, yeah, that sounds like what you're saying to me.

Hope your team has a smuggler doing the same on your team?

Unsubscribe?

Re-roll?

here dude watch this and make some threads about them.

In all of those videos that is someone with better gear owning people hyped up on stims and using bonuses. But you know why it isn't over powered?

THEY EARNED IT. It's a fair fight. You can actually fight back, and if you have equal gear you have a CHANCE of winning. With these snipers it doesn't matter what your gear is because they can kill you before you can get to them. You -can not- win in a fair fight against them or even if you have BETTER gear than them because they are so far away they can take away half or more of your life when the combat starts and then finish you off while you close on them. They have WAY to much burst damage for someone who has that much range. Like at Sorcerers/Sages. We have a lot of range but we don't have a lot of burst. We have constant, steady, DPS. If we had a lightning surge that took half your life or more in one shot people would be having seizures on the forum.

Omg someone having situational advantage in PvP is so OP! lol some of you guys crack me up...

What does situational or positional advantage have to do with having the ability to do what ops and scoundrel can? The answer: nothing. No class should have that kind of burst. Period.

Who can't do burst genius? The problem is this class is doing 'burst' every rotation.

YOU don't see a problem with that?

Well here's your options:

A. Complain more about it until maybe just maybe its nerfed. Which probably wont happen more than likely biochem will get nerfed or biochem wont be allowed in pvp.

B. Roll an operative and enjoy the op-ness instead of complaining about it.

Yes, because obviously it was MY choice to get shot from the other side of the map. Your logic is, as always, flawless.

Perhaps you are saying that people just shouldn't PVP in the same arenas as Operatives? We should all quit? Gee, yeah, that sounds like what you're saying to me.

If its a sniper youre complaining about theres a really great tactic...take a few steps back. or strafe to the other side of a corner to break LOS. Guess what, now he can't reach you. Let the tanks take his hits. thats what heavy armor is for.

(note I play an operative...heal spec. i don't usually die when I get a concealment op on me, i pop evasion, two kolto probes, and start running towards my team mates. they kill him or he cloaking screens away)

If its a sniper youre complaining about theres a really great tactic...take a few steps back. or strafe to the other side of a corner to break LOS. Guess what, now he can't reach you. Let the tanks take his hits. thats what heavy armor is for.

(note I play an operative...heal spec. i don't usually die when I get a concealment op on me, i pop evasion, two kolto probes, and start running towards my team mates. they kill him or he cloaking screens away)

Wait, Taunt works on players now? Because I'm pretty sure I said "I have the Huttball" in the example and I'm sure he's not going to shoot at the person not carrying the huttball. Again, your "Solution." is not to play the game. That is not a solution that is just your desperate attempt to defend a broken system.

and if you are running towards your team mates in Huttball and not towards the enemy goal line, you are BAD. Your team mates should be coming to you, not the other way around. You have a movement debuff they don't.

Edited by Coyotecalls

Take a few steps back!!! OMG why didnt I think of that!!

Take a few steps back!!! OMG why didnt I think of that!!

Maybe you were too busy doing a face plant on the ground or locked in place by an invisible force to take a few steps back, or maybe the fact that the range on the attacks is HALF THE BATTLEGROUND would make it kinda pointless. Again: the only defense you can come up with to stop these over powered face rollers is "Run away and stop playing the game until they get bored and go away."

just watch these video's and see that the grass isnt the greenest as an op/scoun

so if ops/scoun are king, what are these ? god ?

here watch these video:

You already posted those videos and I already replied to them. Stop trying to hijack the thread. :p

Maybe you were too busy doing a face plant on the ground or locked in place by an invisible force to take a few steps back, or maybe the fact that the range on the attacks is HALF THE BATTLEGROUND would make it kinda pointless. Again: the only defense you can come up with to stop these over powered face rollers is "Run away and stop playing the game until they get bored and go away."

if he knocked you on your face he's melee distance, hide in a group

Like another poster said, they are buff stacking which is giving them an appearance of being overpowered (which anyone can do)

Do yourself a favor the next time you know there is an operative around, go for them first.

The will die faster than any healer can keep them up for.

Operatives are very squishy, thus they pay for high dps with low survivability, take advantage of it.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

if he knocked you on your face he's melee distance, hide in a group

Hide in a group? Have you ever PLAYED Huttball? You have a massive beacon of light all around you going "I HAVE THE BALL SHOOT ME!!!" to all your enemies.

Again, your statement is "Stop playing the game." this IS NOT a solution.

Hide in a group? Have you ever PLAYED Huttball? You have a massive beacon of light all around you going "I HAVE THE BALL SHOOT ME!!!" to all your enemies.

Again, your statement is "Stop playing the game." this IS NOT a solution.

pass the ball

Like another poster said, they are buff stacking which is giving them an appearance of being overpowered (which anyone can do)

Do yourself a favor the next time you know there is an operative around, go for them first.

The will die faster than any healer can keep them up for.

Operatives are very squishy, thus they pay for high dps with low survivability, take advantage of it.

So your suggestion is to what? Reroll a stealth class so I can sneak up on them? Because if they see me I'm freaking dead. The same for anyone else. That's kinda the POINT of the thread. You can't get close enough to them to do anything without getting insta-gibed because they have so much range and so much burst.

pass the ball

So go into Huttball but don't actually hold the huttball?

What's that? Are you saying "Operatives are so Overpowered the only solution is to stop playing the game?" Why yes, yes you are saying that again.

Perhaps you can come up with one single suggestion which doesn't involve running away or abandoning all attempts to actually -play- the game?

Edited by Coyotecalls

I usually don't reply to qq threads but wanted to add me own IA experience to this "discussion". I play as a JK guardian and was questing around Belsavis. While fighting some npcs (with my healing companion, thankfully) I was jumped by an IA sniper with a melee comp who was 4 lvls higher than me. I had about 2/3 hp, and still managed to kill him as he tried to stunlock me and backpedal away.

I am, by NO means, "leet", nor am I all that great at PVP. I just know, and am still learning, how to play my class (at least in certain situations). Not to say that the IA I fought sucked by any means, I think he just thought I'd be an easy kill and was surprised by my willingness to fight back and not just roll over.

My point is that instead of giving a knee-jerk reaction to getting pwned by a specific class and then qqing on the forums and crying for a nerf, use it as a learning experience to learn your weaknesses and strengths, as well as those your and the other classes. IAs may do wicked burst damage, but they can be squishy, especially if you can manage to close the gap an engage them at melee range.

I mean this as no insult to the OP, just some advice on learning the game.

So your suggestion is to what? Reroll a stealth class so I can sneak up on them? Because if they see me I'm freaking dead. The same for anyone else. That's kinda the POINT of the thread. You can't get close enough to them to do anything without getting insta-gibed because they have so much range and so much burst.

Step 1: Pop CC breaker

Step 2: CC them

Step 3: Watch them flee or die in vain since they have terrible survivability

If Tank type

Step 2: Pop mitigation CD

Step 3: Laugh as all that stim stacking has been for naught since they are now tickling you

Seriously, CC breaking wrecks them, if they cannot keep behind you, there entire setup has been wasted.

Oh and AoE often if you suspect one of being around, AoE's will pop em out of stealth and leave them without there precious opener.

This is how the actual PVP goes.

You get stunned and IF you survive the initial second after the stun you:

Step 2: Realize they are across the map and you can't do anything to them.

Step 3: Activate your bubble

Step 4: Take two steps while the sniper shoots through your bubble.

Step 5: Fall on the ground dead.

They either need less range or less burst. This is the reality. No one should have that much of both.

So go into Huttball but don't actually hold the huttball?

What's that? Are you saying "Operatives are so Overpowered the only solution is to stop playing the game?" Why yes, yes you are saying that again.

Perhaps you can come up with one single suggestion which doesn't involve running away or abandoning all attempts to actually -play- the game?

destroy him by being better

This is how the actual PVP goes.

You get stunned and IF you survive the initial second after the stun you:

Step 2: Realize they are across the map and you can't do anything to them.

Step 3: Activate your bubble

Step 4: Take two steps while the sniper shoots through your bubble.

Step 5: Fall on the ground dead.

They either need less range or less burst. This is the reality. No one should have that much of both.

if you get knocked on your face all of bold is no longer valid