Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Game was pushed WAY too soon...

Foodspec

Hey Vorps, care to comment on this thread that was linked last night in yet another of your trolling threads?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881918719?page=2

You know this thread right? the one over on WoWs forums were you were called out for having an irrational hare for SWTOR over on those forums? Posting with multiple alts slamming SWTOR for months and months?

Im guessing you likely will not answer but you have been busted so hard as a WoW troll Im surprised you are still showing your face here.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, this game was released way too late. It was already postponed TWICE, remember?

Anyone who thinks EA pushed this game out before it was ready clearly wasn't around in the final weeks before launch. People were going nuts, demanding a release date. Postponing it even further would have cost a lot of subscriptions.

Edited by Spaghetti_Ninja

Breaking news:

PC Game has Bugs on Release. Stay tuned for more on this shocking disclosure.

If you're looking for a game with 6 + years of progression and polish, you won't find it in a release title. Content patches every month sound pretty nice to me. BW seems to be listening to the community.

Even for what it is now, it's still a lot of fun. The engine issues aren't gamebreaking, just annoying.. and if experience is a guide they'll be addressed and resolved slowly as the code is optimized over time. I personally enjoy the dialogue and story, and don't feel it was wasted time or cash at all.

I do, however, wish the planets were bigger and less instanced. Hopefully in 1.1 we start to see things headed in that direction.

The fact is, WoW has achieved a level of polish over the years that is tough to match. The slick UI and character responsiveness are two shining examples to me. I can only imagine BW would be looking at how to improve these areas if they are interested in competing.

Anyway, thats my 2c, back to the game! :D

is it smart to copy a game that lost 2 million subs last year?

Hey Vorps, care to comment on this thread that was linked last night in yet another of your trolling threads?

You know this thread right? the one over on WoWs forums were you were called out for having an irrational hare for SWTOR over on those forums? Posting with multiple alts slamming SWTOR for months and months?

Im guessing you likely will not answer but you have been busted so hard as a WoW troll Im surprised you are still showing your face here.

lol, funny when that one guy calls him out for posting on a bunch of alts and agreeing with himself

Hi sorry you are unsure of your continued support of this epic game.

With that said though, they didn't push it too soon. If they didn't finally release this damn game I would of rerolled IRL

Hehe epic failure if u ask me, they somehow missed the MM on MMORPG.

That has also been around for over 7 years, and people are getting bored of playing it for that long..

It helps if you mention all details, and not selectively choose.

wait wait, so let me get this straight

the MOST subs wow ever had was in december 2010 yet it was OLD in december 2011 when it lost 2 million subs lol?

This ^ :D

LOL :D i dont want him as my lawer :p how stupid is this guy??? any1 ever heard of EULA?

Read it up and shut up.

Love people who out others like this.

hey vorps, care to comment on this thread that was linked last night in yet another of your trolling threads?

you know this thread right? The one over on wows forums were you were called out for having an irrational hare for swtor over on those forums? Posting with multiple alts slamming swtor for months and months?

Im guessing you likely will not answer but you have been busted so hard as a wow troll im surprised you are still showing your face here.

lol fail!

Why do most folks that think the game stinks have two things in common?

1. They have made accounts in November or December of 2011.

2. They type up HUGE posts that offer a ton of opinion and no facts to back up, what amounts to their personal feelings.

Now, opinions are fine, and I cannot say their personal opinions are wrong, even if I have the opposite opinions as them, but why are the two factors above so common?

Oh, and haha on the fact that they got snagged on the wow forums. Ha Ha :D

Edited by skinthinner

VORPS! I know you're eyeing this juicy thread from under your rock outside Ogrimmar! Come out and answer for yourself! It sucks getting busted eh?

Now that is just plain classic. If I had 50 pvp and an extra companion, I'd give it all to ya. I think VORPS is 8 or 9 complainers now that I see common traits through out the forums.

good dinner with your wife would cost 60 bucks and last what ? 1 hour ? geez

Most games i buy i don't even play for a month but a week.

Yeah but what you could receive from the wife after the good dinner is priceless :D

So you feel like you're playing a game that is complete on release?

This content patch coming out is all stuff that should have been in the game already, and even after it's still lacking. Granted most players are not 50 yet, so while not all that relevant, but lack of operation content is pretty surprising.

It feels pretty complete for a MMO release, considering there was never an MMO that was actually ready for release by the time it was released.

Funny. For a moment i thought it was myself writing the topic. Not only i agree with you, i was in ther SAME situation. Almost level 40 asking why bother to keep going.

PVE is utterly disappointing. EXP rewards are abyssmal compared to PVP, which forces me to PVP to have a decent progress. Then when doing PVP im locked on Huttball, because as Empire you will rarely see the other 2 warzones, thanks to the meh Republic classes they "created".

Wha'ts worse, i purchesed the DDE and here it costs 90 bucks. So while it doesn't banrupt me i still feel like i threw money out of the window with the game. At least it served to show me that the MMORPG market is dead. I wasn't even going for Guild War2 since it comes from NCSoft (say hi to Tabula Rasa and Auto Assault closed MMORPGs).

World of Warcraft doomed this market. Devs are afraid to try anything new and fail. At the other hand 99% of them are failing because they are nothing but WoW re skinned.

Edited by DarthPeterNorth

You have to remember that you only payed the same as would for a singleplayer game which would have a fraction of the content that SWTOR offers right from launch. As the months go by this game should grow into something monstrous and polished, like WoW has done, along with many other MMOs globally. Although I feel Blizz never fully realized the potential of WoW. :p They got greedy I guess.

Haha busted :D

Sorry little worm he is, no doubt about that.

You have to remember that you only payed the same as would for a singleplayer game which would have a fraction of the content that SWTOR offers right from launch. As the months go by this game should grow into something monstrous and polished, like WoW has done, along with many other MMOs globally. Although I feel Blizz never fully realized the potential of WoW. :p They got greedy I guess.

Single player games have only a fraction of the content SWTOR has? Not necessarily. You have to remember that MMO's of this size will is likely use a lot of the same content. Of course, you are able to put hundreds of hours in an MMO, whereas a game like Zelda or Skyrim offer you +/- 70-80 hours.

But like I said, you will most likely play trough a lot of the same stuff in an MMO. I've noticed it. Quests are a lot like each other, you go trough the same instants etc.

Now I'm not saying singleplayer games don't require you to go trough the same stuff over and over, they do, but they still feel a little fresher than the average MMO.

6 years and over $100M spent on development. At some point you have to release it and start generating income.

If devs were in charge of release date games would never get released. A developer will always see what more he can do if he gets another month to work on it. So the publisher have to just push the game out at some point.

3 of my friends are devs ( not on SW:tor ) and they all say it. "If I decided it would never get released, coz there 's always things to improve no matter how long you work at it".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jswizzle

Hi sorry you are unsure of your continued support of this epic game.

So you feel like you're playing a game that is complete on release?

This content patch coming out is all stuff that should have been in the game already, and even after it's still lacking. Granted most players are not 50 yet, so while not all that relevant, but lack of operation content is pretty surprising.

Probably it's his first game and he is excited.He may be 12 years old.So naive.

Why do most folks that think the game stinks have two things in common?

1. They have made accounts in November or December of 2011.

2. They type up HUGE posts that offer a ton of opinion and no facts to back up, what amounts to their personal feelings.

Yes, that about sums it up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.