"Battlemaster Bags now correctly contain Battlemaster Commendations."

Borkoo

You no longer get gear tokens for items outright. Instead you get battlemaster commendations that you use to pay for battlemaster items.

If they are at champion rates (3 per bag, weapon costs 72) and you can only get bags through quests this will take ages.

Also skrews over the people not already rank 60 and got weapon & armor.

I think you are confused (Unless I am).

I am pretty sure they are changing it so instead of getting a token for a helm, you get a token that you can use to purchase any item. There are still bunk bags with just commendations, but the "Good" bags that used to contain 1 particular item, now contain 1 of any item of your choosing.

I am pretty sure they are changing it so instead of getting a token for a helm, you get a token that you can use to purchase any item. There are still bunk bags with just commendations, but the "Good" bags that used to contain 1 particular item, now contain 1 of any item of your choosing.

This is how I read it at first but that seemed to make sense and be a good change so I figure that can't possibly be the right reading of it.

No. Commendations are the currency you stack to buy anything. Tokens are the items used to purchase pieces, and there's no announcement of a wildcard token. The bags are going to contain a mix of battlemaster and champion commendations so you at least have this steady drip of gear for doing dailies instead of a potentially pointless waste of a wait since you can't grind WZs for Battlemaster gear.

I really hope there are a lot more commendations in the bm boxes. Only getting two boxes a day for 6 commendations is going so suck if thats the case. I don't need anymore champ. I have myself completely geared in it and my companion geared except for like 4 peices.

I really hope there are a lot more commendations in the bm boxes. Only getting two boxes a day for 6 commendations is going so suck if thats the case. I don't need anymore champ. I have myself completely geared in it and my companion geared except for like 4 peices.

If that is what it ends up being I won't be resubbing.

You guys are reading the "additional patch notes" that's were thew confusion is:

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=308

Full patch notes: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141695

Additional patch notes: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=173371

Now, if you read the correct one and not the changes to it you'll notice this line:

PvP

Battlemaster Gear Tokens have been converted into Battlemaster Commendations, which can be used to purchase any Battlemaster gear. This allows players to purchase any piece of gear instead of requiring them to purchase the piece indicated by the token.

Battlemaster Bags now contain Battlemaster Commendations instead of Battlemaster Gear Tokens. They still also contain Champion Commendations.

The bug on test was that the old tokens were still there and not the actual new Battlemaster commendations" as noted on the additional patch notes.

So if I have an unassembled BM belt in my bag it will be converted into a generic BM comm when 1.1 goes live? Does the BM gear require 1 BM commendation?

no, you will not get any tokens at all after the patch, think of it as how you buy centurion gear, the bags will only have commendations on them, Champion and Battlemaster comms on the battlemaster bag. Which also means the the cost for battlemaster gear is greater than Champion now. And no to your question also, after the patch, your unassembled BM belt is useless.

Edited by Maximilus

Ah, so they are just letting the people that got BM in 2 weeks have their near full sets while massively nerfing it for the new and future BMs. Guess I'll be unsubbing then.

Or they could take their gear aways and some them will cry unsubscribe? Lmao I feel sorry for the never ending complaints these companies have to deal with. Every cannot be happy. There's no way.

Or they could take their gear aways and some them will cry unsubscribe? Lmao I feel sorry for the never ending complaints these companies have to deal with. Every cannot be happy. There's no way.

Sure there is.

Design PVP with a fair, interesting, and in-depth gearing system in the first place then you don't really need to worry. Instead of, you know, something that needs to be changed a month into release.

Edited by Godbane

Or they could let everyone have approximately equal access instead of letting the people who afked/exploited warzones 24/7 retain a large edge.

Edited by Borkoo