This game needs a lot of work.

Zerumhora

For me the 1.1 patch sounds like a lot of work when it got expanded today:

original: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141695

additional: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=173371

The amount the just pulled out in that made me believe this of what is to be expected in 1.2 (march) and further:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332031/interviews/star-wars-old-republic-11-weve-already-got-people-working-on-content-for-2013/?page=1

For me that likes PvE: expanded operation in 1.1 and flashpoint after a month and a new planet as well as an operation in march. That is speed compared to some other game.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight.

You are upset because BioWare's first MMO, which released with WAY more content and features than your beloved WoW doesn't have all the features that WoW currently has (with 7 years of live development and untold millions in maintenance development) as well as new and unseen features??

Seriously???

The game is ONE MONTH OLD

Kids these days.. I swear..

Pretty much this, I knew what I was signing up for when I bought this game at release. I'd have to put up with a few months of live bugs. Soon it'll be like WoW is now in terms of buggy states. Soon it'll have its own cool features (like capital ships :D). I could have bought the game a year down the road and not put up with the bugginess. I'm excited to see this game grow up. It's just sad some people expected perfection at launch. WoW was far from perfect at launch. They've had 7 years of live servers + weekly maintenance. This game is one month old on live servers. And so far despite a mishap here or there that I've had to put up with. I love this game :)

Pretty much this, I knew what I was signing up for when I bought this game at release. I'd have to put up with a few months of live bugs. Soon it'll be like WoW is now in terms of buggy states. Soon it'll have its own cool features (like capital ships :D). I could have bought the game a year down the road and not put up with the bugginess. I'm excited to see this game grow up. It's just sad some people expected perfection at launch. WoW was far from perfect at launch. They've had 7 years of live servers + weekly maintenance. This game is one month old on live servers. And so far despite a mishap here or there that I've had to put up with. I love this game :)

We're both in different situations then. :). I'm glad you enjoy the game, but I personally can't deal with putting up with a few months of live bugs at the expense of my wallet. I may check the game out at a later date, but for now I have cancelled my subscription.

We're both in different situations then. :). I'm glad you enjoy the game, but I personally can't deal with putting up with a few months of live bugs at the expense of my wallet. I may check the game out at a later date, but for now I have cancelled my subscription.

And there is nothing wrong with that ^^,

Why such negativity to WoW? Do you like it or not it is much better produced game. Too bad it is 7 years old and we all tired of it. Do you think SWTOR will survive 7 years or even 1? WAR did not and I think it was better game.

Why such negativity? Probably because it's 7 years old and people are tired of it.

Well you can say very constructively farewell to the TS but i kind of agree with him.

Let me look it from a purely pve perspective because i like pve a lot more.

In my opinion WoW is totally not fun anymore you get gear while you raid which is worthless because content is coming in fast and higher gear levels are required again and all raids feel more and more the same. For example you did HC BoT and BD then firelands normal is there with better gear. The whole gear farming, enchanting, gemming, theorycrafting, reforging, echanting with rep, etc gets so boring. (played it since classic wow patch 1.4 or so)

Swtor, the thing is im still not 50 yet(45) and i expected that i would really enjoy the levelling but it is turned out the opposite, because i get really tired of doing quests its draining energy from me. In flashpoints immortal bugged boss or some fire from rockets who are off and still kill you those things hit me hard. Finding groups is not always easy especially when your dps. I expected that this game was more. But it is just feels a bit empty and buggy. I hope the raiding experience will be awesome when i start. I still believe this game has a lot of potential though.

Edited by Rigota

I love all the people who freak out when you mention WoW, they utterly despise that game.

Yet they're playing a Copy/Paste that got reformatted by Notepad when you dragged it out of Microsoft Word, but will defend it to the end of days, while hating exactly what it is.

If you really can't see that this is WoW with fancy voices, you are in dire need of help.

If you set your expectations too high on anything you will be disappointed.

I laugh when I see folks who have been signed up on this board for over six months gasp in disappointment. All it seemed to have gotten them is two extra days of play time to a game they don't even like. Why not have a fraction of the patience you had anticipating the release over multiple business quarters?

I started on these boards when I joined the near-open beta on Thanksgiving. I'm not disappointed with this product at all! I'm having a great time with this game and it is fulfilling my expectation of being a good time waster before Diablo 3, GW2 and MoP.

Between paying for the no-frill digital download of the game and a few months of some subscription time, I'll be happy to have shell out the $120 that Bioware will have earned.

Well you can say very constructively farewell to the TS but i kind of agree with him.

Let me look it from a purely pve perspective because i like pve a lot more.

In my opinion WoW is totally not fun anymore you get gear while you raid which is worthless because content is coming in fast and higher gear levels are required again and all raids feel more and more the same. For example you did HC BoT and BD then firelands normal is there with better gear. The whole gear farming, enchanting, gemming, theorycrafting, reforging, echanting with rep, etc gets so boring.

Swtor, the thing is im still not 50 yet and i expected that i would really enjoy the levelling but it is turned out the opposite, because i get really tired of doing quests its draining energy from me. In flashpoints immortal bugged boss or some fire from rockets who are off and still kill you those things hit me hard. Finding groups is not always easy especially when your dps. I expected that this game was more. But it is just feels a bit empty and buggy. I hope the raiding experience will be awesome when i start. I still believe this game has a lot of potential though.

I felt exactly the same way. I enjoy PVE and PVP and think that both are a necessity for a successful MMO. Doing quests is very draining to the point where I zone out due to sheer boredom. Everything is very far away as well, but I'm used to long walks like I had to cope with back in FFXI.

I felt exactly the same way. I enjoy PVE and PVP and think that both are a necessity for a successful MMO. Doing quests is very draining to the point where I zone out due to sheer boredom. Everything is very far away as well, but I'm used to long walks like I had to cope with back in FFXI.

That to indeed there are a lot of posts that speeders can be faster.

What I find amusing is how people, who are entralled with the game play, manage to post in every naysayer post...How do you know these post are being posted? Aren't you playing? You can't all be "at work" (at Bioware or EA?)? You know "Fan-boi" isn't a proffesion.

*** Full disclosure *****

SWG pre-cu -NGE, deleted "Elder" Jedi 6 months after launch of NGE

WoW vanila- Wrath, deleted PvP rank 11 Troll Warrior, 3 lvl 70s and lvl 60

Many other "Great" MMOs that the local Fan-bois defended until they became F2P

It was rushed to hit the Xmas market by EA. It's a shame they did not give it afew months more, but in my eyes they failed I will not be continuing. Still maybe in 6 months time I will give it a go when it goes F2P.

It was rushed to hit the Xmas market by EA. It's a shame they did not give it afew months more, but in my eyes they failed I will not be continuing. Still maybe in 6 months time I will give it a go when it goes F2P.

It'll be quite enjoyable when that happens. Maybe I'll get my money's worth after all.

Let me get this straight.

You are upset because BioWare's first MMO, which released with WAY more content and features than your beloved WoW doesn't have all the features that WoW currently has (with 7 years of live development and untold millions in maintenance development) as well as new and unseen features??

Seriously???

The game is ONE MONTH OLD

Kids these days.. I swear..

Seroiusly?? !!

So tired to see ppl talking about wow and how it suxed when it came out,

this game came out 2012 (111220) it has copy alot from other games, so why should they not copy the good part too ? the guild system sux, pvp system sux, pve system sux, only good thing is the storylines.

Why do you think every review are talking about the story so darn much ?

Because they have nothing else to say about this game.

And dont try to be so cool and say stuff like "kids there days.. i swear" what are you gonna do to them? find them and beat them up?

100 euro that you are just a little #### behind your deskop

So is the idea that you were able to type this after careful mature thought, but we've all got differing senses of humor, right?

No, i am deeply sorry i disagree with you about the quality of this game, it shall never happen again.