Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware: Allow Advanced Class Respec!

Dunzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not.......an advanced class is a specialization otherwise a Juggernaut would have it's own story and able to be selected as a class on character creation.....here allow me to quote their FAQ again for you.....

So where is my sorcerers unique companion and story?

Sith Warrior has a unitque story compared to Sith Inquisitor.

So you can see each CLASS does have its own unique story.

BW never stated that each ADVANCED CLASS would have a separate story...they did exactly what they said they would...

Driz

Ill allow it if it means that changing your AC means you start at lvl 10 again, loose your gear and your credits. Then I will allow it.

So yeah, my Vote is NO! You get plenty of Info to decide what your AC is going to be, use it.

Hopefully bioware will listen to the majority and not allow AC changes.

Another way I would allow it, is 150 million credits for an AC change.

Again, you are confusing SWTOR with WoW.

A Juggernaught is not your SPECIALIZATION it is your ADVANCED CLASS...with the emphasis being on the word CLASS.

Driz

Tell that to Bioware then, apparently they missed the memo on their own game

In The Old Republic, every character class has its own story, unique companion characters that join and assist the player, and even thrilling space combat and player starships[/Quote]

Again where is my Sorcerers unique companion and story?

Also why isn't Sorcerer available to be picked under class on character creation or not listed under class on their website but under specialization?

No it's not.......an advanced class is a specialization otherwise a Juggernaut would have it's own story and able to be selected as a class on character creation.....here allow me to quote their FAQ again for you.....

So where is my sorcerers unique companion and story?

LOL Yes Juggernaut is a "CLASS"

why do you think it's called ... drum roll ....... "ADVANCED CLASS" <-- see the word "CLASS" in there .. that should be a huge hint for you

it also disagrees with you

No it doesn't........under class there are 4 options with specializations under those, also on their FAQ there is this (again)

In The Old Republic, every character class has its own story, unique companion characters that join and assist the player, and even thrilling space combat and player starships

why do you think it's called ... drum roll ....... "ADVANCED CLASS" <-- see the word "CLASS" in there .. that should be a huge hint for you

Go to the holocron and look where you see Juggernaut, they gave a specialization a fancy name in game woohoo.

Also why isn't Sorcerer available to be picked under class on character creation or not listed under class on their website but under specialization?

I'll tell you why Sorc isnt available to be picked under class on character create screen and not listed under class on thir website...its because its an ADVANCED CLASS.

If Sorc was a CLASS it would have its own story...because it isnt...it doesnt...

Driz

I'll tell you why Sorc isnt available to be picked under class on character create screen and not listed under class on thir website...its because its an ADVANCED CLASS.

If Sorc was a CLASS it would have its own story...because it isnt...it doesnt...

Driz

Website says specialization not class, a class is something you pick to play at character creation............have you played any MMOs?????

Sith Warrior has a unitque story compared to Sith Inquisitor.

So you can see each CLASS does have its own unique story.

BW never stated that each ADVANCED CLASS would have a separate story...they did exactly what they said they would...

Driz

You just can't get your story straight now can you? You say in this game, each advanced class is a unique class. It is not. a Powertech is no more different than a Mercenary, than a Shadow priest is from a Holy Priest. A different"class" in this game gets a different story. An incentive to try them all. There's no real incentive to level 2 Bounty Hunters up for each advanced class. It would be hella boring. I know. I played Powertech in beta, and play Mercenary in live.

And what they said they were going to do is;

Many people are wondering what the heck happened to that decision.

Edited by Kourage

You, 3-4 ppl that are playing with words have ruined the thread. Really. Stop posting trash. State your arguments is enough.

Idk why those 3-4 people ignored this comment and continued rambling.

I agree 110%....... and half expect to be called out about how 110% isn't a possible figure.

Im not sure if you are aware of this but thats just a name bioware gave it :)

I can change my name to "Alien cookiemonster Dudemeister Jack handyman" and I would still only be a human :)

i agree that there shouldnt be AC respecs... but i do believe there should be a one-time option to change, maybe at a specific level or point in the class missions or something.

i level'd a sniper to 33, only to realize that boy, having a pure DPS/DPS/DPS class in a 4 man group enviroments where your class brings nothing shiny to a group really sucks.

I question your supposed great experience in MMO's if you still don't grasp how this is set up. It's also clear that you will word twist, while ignoring 50 different rebuttals and examples where ingame and out they define the differences. I copy and pasted several times. I'm not doing again because your debate tactic is to ignore, close your ears and eyes, and scream your broken down argument over and over until people give up. Reminds me a lot of my daughter. Anyway, it's irrelevant in the end.

Instead of trying to play word games you should attempt to create an argument, that will be an opinion, on why you believe it will enhance the overall gameplay of the game. BW and others are much more likely to listen and be receptive to that than your attempt at the "gotcha" game.