The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware's unshaken confidence is troubling

Makade

This is actually an accurate description. When no one else is there to pretend with them anymore, they'll follow the rest of us who had already left ages ago. Good post. +1.

Denial?

Don't try to assume stuff about my frame of mind. It doesn't make you look smart. You have zero insight into what goes on in my head.

The Old Republic has been one of the most memorable games I've played. I've been gaming on Pc for 15 years.

Edited by Jswizzle

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Denial?

Don't try to assume stuff about my frame of mind. It doesn't make you look smart. You have zero insight into what goes on in my head.

The Old Republic has been one of the most memorable games I've played. I've been gaming on Pc for 15 years.

With all due respect, I can say you like decent single-player, story-driven games. MMO's aren't you're thing.. but they are mine, and everyone else who is unsubscribing. No one can argue with me on any topic in any post and win. It's because without a shadow of a doubt, I'm right about everything. Not being pompous, but I dare anyone to argue anything with me and I'll shoot it down with logic and facts.

With all due respect, I can say you like decent single-player, story-driven games. MMO's aren't you're thing.. but they are mine, and everyone else who is unsubscribing. No one can argue with me on any topic in any post and win. It's because without a shadow of a doubt, I'm right about everything. Not being pompous, but I dare anyone to argue anything with me and I'll shoot it down with logic and facts.

Haha. If you are trying to impress me with your wit, you are missing the mark by a mile. Considering every single game is based on a story, I'm going to have to fill you in a little secret. You are way out of your depth.

MMO's offer me the type of character progression you don't see in any single player game. This is because Bioware will add content. What's not to like about games that constantly generate new content?

I think they should be proud of their accomplishment. They have brought a very complex product to market, have thoroughly tested it, and broken records while doing it.

I do not see significant "glaring" bugs that in my mind should humble them and say, "Ooops, yeah we knew this would happen, but wanted to sneak it out. " This is not Star Wars Galaxies.

I think you opinion comes from a good place, but really...let them pat themselves on the back and say, "We did good."

WOW certainly was not this refined on launch, and certain bugs are to be expected. It's software development, it's not rocket science.

This.

I like the game. A lot. Many of my friends (who are also game developers) also like the game. A lot. There are bugs. We report them. Then we keep playing.

I really wish players would approach a launch with maturity, rather than entitlement. I really wish they would help to improve the game, by filing bugs and posting constructive criticism, rather than posting endless rants, threats, one-starring games to death on ratings sites, and rage quitting. If you like the game, support it. Help improve it. Be patient. Game development is hard work.

And no, I don't work for Bioware.

Edited by Bothan

Haha. If you are trying to impress me with your wit, you are missing the mark by a mile. Considering every single game is based on a story, I'm going to have to fill you in a little secret. You are way out of your depth.

MMO's offer me the type of character progression you don't see in any single player game. This is because Bioware will add content. What's not to like about games that constantly generate new content?

Constantly generate new content? How about releasing a game where the existing content (I use the word content quite loosely) isn't broken? Should that be more important than releasing some ratgoul dungeon? How about the developers level with their dwindling fan-base over the state of the game? If they were to be honest and show signs of humility and display an accurate reflection of the game THEY released, it might make some of us think twice. Does that answer your question?

This.

I like the game. A lot. Many of my friends (who are also game developers) also like the game. A lot. There are bugs. We report them. Then we keep playing.

I really wish players would approach a launch with maturity, rather than entitlement. I really wish they would help to improve the game, by filing bugs and posting constructive criticism, rather than posting endless rants, threats, one-starring games to death on ratings sites, and rage quitting. If you like the game, support it. Help improve it. Be patient. Game development is hard work.

And no, I don't work for Bioware.

We know you don't work for BioWare, you're posting on the SW:TOR forums.

No one can argue with me on any topic in any post and win. It's because without a shadow of a doubt, I'm right about everything.

God, this is going to be easy.

You said:

You're signature is wrong sir. 11 million people (including, and I say this with certainty, everyone in this thread) would like a word with you.

referencing this sig:

Swtor Hater=You wanted swtor to be the wow replacement but it doesnt live up to your standards. Now you're stuck in the unenviable postion of hating wow AND swtor so you're mmo-homeless and angry about it.

Go ahead. Prove with your "logic" and "facts" that the amongst the 11 million WoW subscribers, none of them feel this way.

It'll probably take a while for you to compile the data.

I'll wait.

Oh, you do speak Mandarin and Cantonese, right?

God, this is going to be easy.

You said:

referencing this sig:

Go ahead. Prove with your "logic" and "facts" that the amongst the 11 million WoW subscribers, none of them feel this way.

It'll probably take a while for you to compile the data.

I'll wait.

Oh, you do speak Mandarin and Cantonese, right?

I don't need polls, I know. If someone truly likes WoW, as over 11 million of us truly do, they simply wouldn't PUT UP with this game. A bunch of us from our guild at home (WoW) came over to try this out.. not one of us lasted a month. We are the SW:TOR population. We are the sample audience. We are the subscriber base.

Let that sink in. Take a few minutes...

I don't need polls, I know. If someone truly likes WoW, as over 11 million of us truly do, they simply wouldn't PUT UP with this game. A bunch of us from our guild at home (WoW) came over to try this out.. not one of us lasted a month. We are the SW:TOR population. We are the sample audience. We are the subscriber base.

You're assuming that everyone agrees with you. You may be a sample audience, but you are not a representative sample. You are decidedly not the subscriber base (unless your guild has 1.6 million members, in which case, congrats.)

As, suspected, you have neither logic, nor facts. Just grandiose generalizations.

While you're pondering that, here's another.

If you're always right, how were you possibly 'fooled' into buying a game you don't like?

I could slap you silly with your logical fallacies and inconsistencies all night, but I'd rather play this game, which I'm very much enjoying, thank you.

Constantly generate new content? How about releasing a game where the existing content (I use the word content quite loosely) isn't broken? Should that be more important than releasing some ratgoul dungeon? How about the developers level with their dwindling fan-base over the state of the game? If they were to be honest and show signs of humility and display an accurate reflection of the game THEY released, it might make some of us think twice. Does that answer your question?

Haven't noticed anything broken at all. Nor have I noticed a dwindling fan base. If you haven't enjoyed the game I would wonder if you were ever a fan. You made assumptions about me, and usually my rule of thumb is...Don't do that.

However I will stray from my rule just this once. I feel like it's my turn to make some assumptions since you won't let this go. I don't think you like Video Games period. You are running a very common message board "crusade". I have no idea why you feel the need to drag a perfectly fine MMO into the mud. It's pointless and you are accomplishing nothing. Nobody cares what you think.

You're assuming that everyone agrees with you. You may be a sample audience, but you are not a representative sample. You are decidedly not the subscriber base (unless your guild has 1.6 million members, in which case, congrats.)

As, suspected, you have neither logic, nor facts. Just grandiose generalizations.

While you're pondering that, here's another.

If you're always right, how were you possibly 'fooled' into buying a game you don't like?

I could slap you silly with your logical fallacies and inconsistencies all night, but I'd rather play this game, which I'm very much enjoying, thank you.

And... you've proven my point for me. We all got "fooled" into buying this game because they advertised one thing, and we got something entirely different. If the game was what it was promised and advertised as, I'd be a fanboy too. I refuse to settle for mediocrity. I refuse to give my money to a company that won't level with it's community which dwindling everyday.

And you know what? You shouldn't put up with it either, all joking aside.

Name your Guild? So go play Pandas with bambo sticks, I'll keep killing Sith with my Jedi, LOL

Haven't noticed anything broken at all. Nor have I noticed a dwindling fan base. If you haven't enjoyed the game I would wonder if you were ever a fan. You made assumptions about me, and usually my rule of thumb is...Don't do that.

However I will stray from my rule just this once. I feel like it's my turn to make some assumptions since you won't let this go. I don't think you like Video Games period. You are running a very common message board "crusade". I have no idea why you feel the need to drag a perfectly fine MMO into the mud. It's pointless and you are accomplishing nothing. Nobody cares what you think.

I love video games. I've been a gamer since I was a little boy. I'm a network engineer, I fix computers and build networks for companies. I love computers, I love gaming. My girlfriend and I will always game.. it will always be our hobby. We play Wii together, sure, but we also raid seriously in WoW. I love video games more than you know, sir. I'm not offended by your assumption, but I will correct you on it. As I said above, I will not settle for mediocrity.. and neither should you.

Name your Guild? So go play Pandas with bambo sticks, I'll keep killing Sith with my Jedi, LOL

Again, you telling all of us to "go back to WoW, you won't be missed.." is BioWare's worst nightmare. This is the most critical time for this game.. and the odds are severely stacked against them.. by their own devices, mind you. They need every single last subscription they can get.

So, there's two things going on here. In a way, BioWare is Blizzard's MVP. This game is actually going to show how GOOD of a game WoW is.. and will most likely boost its subscriptions from those who may have taken it for granted, or bought into the hype of this game, or Rift, or Aion, or Warhammer.. all the other "WoW killers" which inevitably failed. As this game will.

Here's the deal: I want SWTOR to survive and flourish.

It is. It's totally flourishing. 2 million subs and growing. By the 6 month mark it'll hit 3.5 million active subscribers and check this math, with all those subs, it'll have doubled the 325 million that was needed to make it launch. So 650 million by May, cold hard cash. This game's going places and the two dozen Shadysketchy forum alts that keep posting here to detract from its success will be busy multi-boxing and credit farming by May. Ni Hao JEDIS!

Why are you still here? If you hate the game so much, what possible reason could there be for your continued presence in the TOR forums? You remain for what purpose, to continue to complain? Is that it? You have nothing else to offer?

And... you've proven my point for me. We all got "fooled" into buying this game because they advertised one thing, and we got something entirely different. If the game was what it was promised and advertised as, I'd be a fanboy too. I refuse to settle for mediocrity. I refuse to give my money to a company that won't level with it's community which dwindling everyday.

Ok, give me your facts to:

Guild Name

Dwindling Community- Facts, not because the same people post crap day in day out

How did they Fool you? (There was information GALORE on this game with video presentations, blogs, etc, for years.

If you like WoW just play it? I mean no one is handcuffing you to remain here, why post this whatever you post stuff? Just go, and thank you for contributing to me and my former WOW Guilds fun! If you want the name of the Guild just ask ;)

Oh and.... JEDI>>>PANDAS

If we want to talk facts and common sense, this game will most likely cap out at 250k subs in 6 months and be free-to-play in a year. You're being quite.. well I don't know what you're being, but it's so far off the mark lol..

This game does not have 2 million subscribers. This game currently has roughly 80,000 people playing. This game will never, ever have 1 million subscribers. Never in it's wildest dreams.

You're living in a delusional world and it's evident.

Keep trying Sketchy, LOL 80 thousand play out of 2 million RETAIL SALES, We dont even want to go into Digital Sales oh please keep trying this is FUN!!!

JEDI>>>>>PANDAS

I have a different opinion than you i enjoy the game like many others i know do.

We aren't all the same, that's why we don't all enjoy the same music, movies and games. Do you have this same type of discussion about movies and music? It's all subjective.

Some people value things in a game that you don't. You like different things, hence the differernt opinions.

The game is dying and i'm sitting in a queue as i type this

If we want to talk facts and common sense, this game will most likely cap out at 250k subs in 6 months and be free-to-play in a year. You're being quite.. well I don't know what you're being, but it's so far off the mark lol..

This game does not have 2 million subscribers. This game currently has roughly 80,000 people playing. This game will never, ever have 1 million subscribers. Never in it's wildest dreams.

You're living in a delusional world and it's evident.

You're a fool if you believe the game will ever go free-to-play, or dip that low in terms of subscribers. You forget the brand behind this game, it's one that makes the Warcraft setting look like absolutely nothing in regards to the amount of fans it has.