Makade

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Blackwater

Well they have 10+ million subs so obviously they're in touch with SOMEONE

Not sure if English is your first language or not so I don't want to disrespect. But "had" is the correct term you're looking for, not have.

This is not the term you are looking for. :p

Edited by Yemmer

Again, you are thinking server population=fullness of a server. It does not.

Lets say I have a server that holds 200 people for a website. First 3 weeks, server is full. Then I expand my server space to accommodate 1000 people. Of course 200/200 will look better than 200/1000. Doesn't mean my hits have gone down, I just have more space.

Also, the 3 reasons I mentioned for leaving MMO's around this time come into play as well...

Your basing your "activity" off of that graph site, which I have already proven is not "end all be all." There are no populace numbers revealed but server fullness. Huge difference.

You're not taking growth into account.

If this game was still growing than we would either see more full servers, or we would see more servers being installed. And lets not forget that this is a BRAND NEW MMO so activity will be high for the first month

I understand that they have raised the cap, but that still does not dismissed the fact that activity is falling across the board.

You're trying to take an example of your life and apply it to an entire game.

Here's the deal: I want SWTOR to survive and flourish. I really like the game overall. However, there are GLARING issues with this game (I'm not going to rehash them here...no point in repeating it) and yet Bioware seems to be blissfully (blindly?) boastful of their game. I get how PR works, blah, blah (so don't attempt to give me a lesson), but I have seen ZERO humility on Bioware's part that indicates that they have heard their customers. :( Look at Trion. Whether you like Rift or not (I found it to be rather bland myself) that is a company working its a*s off for your $15 a month. They have approached the community with humility and open ears, and it has paid off. Meanwhile, Bioware is too busy spinning the hype machine and patting itself on the back to approach the community's concerns humbly and comprehensively.

Please know that I am writing this post as a fan of the game (and Bioware) and I really want the game to succeed. In my life, I have never seen an individual or entity succeed in the long term by avoiding self-reflection and constructive criticism.....ever.

Maybe your unblinking confidence should trouble you?

They're the ones sitting on sales reports, feedback, and a lot of data. They also know what's in the pipeline.

You don't really know anything about how the game is performing, and you don't know anything about what the majority of people want.

I'd say Rift developers are humble because they know they're on a sinking ship and have no other choice. They also don't have fundamentally different product from WoW; SWTOR is star wars and a totally different setting.

Guys it is no use arguing with the Astroturfers...the are going to continue spreading their message of doom hoping to lower the moral of the community if you notice they always start this when it's 1:00 am to 6:00 am GMT and there is a lower Mod presence.

They want the game to fail it is what they are here for.

This game doesn't need my help to fail. Trust me

I think they should be proud of their accomplishment. They have brought a very complex product to market, have thoroughly tested it, and broken records while doing it.

I do not see significant "glaring" bugs that in my mind should humble them and say, "Ooops, yeah we knew this would happen, but wanted to sneak it out. " This is not Star Wars Galaxies.

I think you opinion comes from a good place, but really...let them pat themselves on the back and say, "We did good."

WOW certainly was not this refined on launch, and certain bugs are to be expected. It's software development, it's not rocket science.

You're right, this is worse than Star Wars galaxies.

You're not taking growth into account.

If this game was still growing than we would either see more full servers, or we would see more servers being installed. And lets not forget that this is a BRAND NEW MMO so activity will be high for the first month

I understand that they have raised the cap, but that still does not dismissed the fact that activity is falling across the board.

You're trying to take an example of your life and apply it to an entire game.

Your correct, I'm not taking growth into account. Because we were discussing decline. :)

"If the game was still growing than we would either see more full servers, or more being installed" is not an accurate statement. That's almost equivalent to stating that because you ate a lot of soup, you will end up diarrhea. (Maybe you possible will, I'm not a doctor! :) )

We do not know the limits imposed on servers. I even linked a posted where they said to NOT create characters. In my opinion there is NO way to gauge growth NOR decline at this moment and time. The game is still extremely new, and in it's extremely early stages, there will be a rollercoaster of numbers. As another posted stated, MMO's success is determined over time. Not overnight.

Yes it is BRAND NEW. What your also forgetting is that this game released CHRISTMAS WEEK. Do you not realize what that does in terms of activity? Versus half way through January? Heck, right now I'm arguing on the forums as opposed to playing. Does not mean I've left. And I'm sure there are others out there partying it up, being with friends/family or other various activities who will still subscribe.

I almost feel like you read my posts, and because they don't agree with yours, you combat them. Rather than reading and taking into consideration what I've said.

You must think it dose since you have been ranting about it for many pages.... hopefully a Mod will be along soon to lock this silly thread. :rolleyes:

Well let's see.

Horrible customer service, missing basic MMO features, couldn't even launch with AA or high res textures.

Ya i don't think my assistance is needed

Your correct, I'm not taking growth into account. Because we were discussing decline. :)

"If the game was still growing than we would either see more full servers, or more being installed" is not an accurate statement. That's almost equivalent to stating that because you ate a lot of soup, you will end up diarrhea. (Maybe you possible will, I'm not a doctor! :) )

We do not know the limits imposed on servers. I even linked a posted where they said to NOT create characters. In my opinion there is NO way to gauge growth NOR decline at this moment and time. The game is still extremely new, and in it's extremely early stages, there will be a rollercoaster of numbers. As another posted stated, MMO's success is determined over time. Not overnight.

Yes it is BRAND NEW. What your also forgetting is that this game released CHRISTMAS WEEK. Do you not realize what that does in terms of activity? Versus half way through January? Heck, right now I'm arguing on the forums as opposed to playing. Does not mean I've left. And I'm sure there are others out there partying it up, being with friends/family or other various activities who will still subscribe.

I almost feel like you read my posts, and because they don't agree with yours, you combat them. Rather than reading and taking into consideration what I've said.

In order to determine decline you HAVE TO take growth into account.

If a game is growing, activity will remain high or it will grow even after holidays and ESPECIALLY on weekends. But we're seeing the opposite of that with SWTOR.

That's my point

Just remember. The Disney kids that love this game are in the first stage; denial.

They wont realize its not a good game until nobody is around to pretend with them.

And even then, they didn't do well in other MMOs so why not stay here in denial?

In order to determine decline you HAVE TO take growth into account.

If a game is growing, activity will remain high or it will grow even after holidays and ESPECIALLY on weekends. But we're seeing the opposite of that with SWTOR.

That's my point

But you have no way of knowing WHY and even IF there is a decline. Yes, decline in sales, but that means NOTHING for MMO's.

Your assuming that if a game is successful numbers should continue to rise, and with MMO's, that's just not true. Look at WoW. Constant rollercoaster of subs vs. losing subs.

Without any concrete, written in stone numbers to say 600k people were logging week 1, and 200k people were logging week 28, there is no way to gauge it on our end. Growth nor decline.

Hi there!

We recently had to remove some posts in this thread. We wanted to take a moment and remind everyone of the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Please remember that users are allowed to disagree with one another. We understand that sometimes subjects can get heated, but we do ask that everyone is respectful and polite to each other while giving their opinions. Here are some quick examples to keep in mind when posting.

• Never insult another community member.
  • Always discuss the topic and give constructive criticism.
  • If you feel someone is violates the Rules of Conduct, do not reply to them; simply report (flag) the post.
  • If someone is being a troll, don’t feed them. Simply do not reply and report (flag) the post.
  • Be respectful to all community members; while you may not agree with their opinion, you should not be rude to them.

Thanks for your understanding, and please enjoy your friendly debate!

Hi there!

We recently had to remove some posts in this thread. We wanted to take a moment and remind everyone of the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Please remember that users are allowed to disagree with one another. We understand that sometimes subjects can get heated, but we do ask that everyone is respectful and polite to each other while giving their opinions. Here are some quick examples to keep in mind when posting.

• Never insult another community member.
  • Always discuss the topic and give constructive criticism.
  • If you feel someone is violates the Rules of Conduct, do not reply to them; simply report (flag) the post.
  • If someone is being a troll, don’t feed them. Simply do not reply and report (flag) the post.
  • Be respectful to all community members; while you may not agree with their opinion, you should not be rude to them.

Thanks for your understanding, and please enjoy your friendly debate!

All i can say is: LoL! Oh! and it seems they removed alot of my post's!

Except the important ones.. Hmm.. Oh how curious... Curious indeed.... ♥

Edited by Yemmer

This game doesn't need my help to fail. Trust me

And yet you devote a massive amount of your time and effort to pull "facts" out of the internets to prove the game is dead. When I don't like a game, I stop playing and move on. I don't start an internet campaign to let everyone know how much I hate the game and how it is going to fail because I personally don't like it. It is literally one of the most amazing things I have seen on the internet. People actually think anybody cares why they are leaving and/or that their doom saying isn't based on anything but conjecture. Will you be here 6 months from now, if the game is not dead, apologizing for being completely wrong? The answer is of course no, you are free to spout off ridiculous doom saying with no consequence and act as if your one little prediction means anything in the grand scheme of things. Self-delusional people at their finest.

Just remember. The Disney kids that love this game are in the first stage; denial.

They wont realize its not a good game until nobody is around to pretend with them.

And even then, they didn't do well in other MMOs so why not stay here in denial?

This is actually an accurate description. When no one else is there to pretend with them anymore, they'll follow the rest of us who had already left ages ago. Good post. +1.

And yet you devote a massive amount of your time and effort to pull "facts" out of the internets to prove the game is dead. When I don't like a game, I stop playing and move on. I don't start an internet campaign to let everyone know how much I hate the game and how it is going to fail because I personally don't like it. It is literally one of the most amazing things I have seen on the internet. People actually think anybody cares why they are leaving and/or that their doom saying isn't based on anything but conjecture. Will you be here 6 months from now, if the game is not dead, apologizing for being completely wrong? The answer is of course no, you are free to spout off ridiculous doom saying with no consequence and act as if your one little prediction means anything in the grand scheme of things. Self-delusional people at their finest.

Thing is.. that's how bad this game is. They stole $75 bucks from me. If it were a single-player game and not an MMO with forums and a so-called community, I'd also just chalk it up to a bad game, and better luck next time. This must be your first MMO. Welco.. or should I see, goodbye! See you in WoWx5! We'll all be there, waiting.