Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Help needed regarding crafting skill choice

Vlacke

What i would like to know are your thoughts regarding this, any advice would be much appreciated.

Artifice or Synth for my Jedi Guardian?

Armstech or Armormech for Bounty hunter?

Note that i will not jump on the Biochem band wagon, too popular for my taste these days :)

I have heard that Armstech is really not so good at all so i would want to hear your thoughts regarding that also.

And the famous slicing skill, from what i understood it is not a bad way to earn some more credits, but i am at a loss there, because i have no idea what works well with slicing, how to utilize it with something else?

Thanks in advance for being kind enough to advise me, and may the force be with you.

I have a 400 armstech on my 50 smuggler. Leveling up, the barrels were useful but that was it. I've made small number of items that my companions used but it hasn't been many. I wouldn't recommend it.

My second toon is a Jedi and I went with three gathering skills. Slicing which is still profitable just collecting boxes out in the world. I would have no where near as poor as the first time if I had taken this before. And then scavenging and bioanalysis. I figure when I decide which way to go I can sell the other materials to fund leveling up the appropriate mission skill.

Looking back, for a first toon, going 3 gathering and leveling the craft skill after 50 would have been far better than what I did leveling a crafter concurrently.

Edited by BBQPorkMogul

I have a 400 armstech on my 50 smuggler. Leveling up, the barrels were useful but that was it. I've made small number of items that my companions used but it hasn't been many. I wouldn't recommend it.

My second toon is a Jedi and I went with three gathering skills. Slicing which is still profitable just collecting boxes out in the world. I would have no where near as poor as the first time if I had taken this before. And then scavenging and bioanalysis. I figure when I decide which way to go I can sell the other materials to fund leveling up the appropriate mission skill.

Looking back, for a first toon, going 3 gathering and leveling the craft skill after 50 would have been far better than what I did leveling a crafter concurrently.

Perfect reply/advice m8.

First toon, go 3x gathering skills.

This is how I'm playing it:

1) Main (Jedi Sentinel) - Artificer, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting (To cover: hilts, enhancement, Crystals upgrades)

2) Alt_1 (Jedi Shadow) - Cybertech, Scav, Underworld (To cover: armoring, mods, implants, ship upgrades)

3) Alt_2 (Trooper) - Slicing, Underworld, Treasure Hunt (To cover: schema, more gemstones and rare metals worries).

1-2-3: As you can notice, they complement each other, and less reliant on GTN.

Edited by pangwl

Well, there are several ways to look at it:

"I want to maximize the usefulness of my gear leveling up"

-- Take your class's weapon-craft skill and the two supporting skills suggested. Weapons are the only thing that really need to be kept as upgraded as possible, armor upgrades are much cheaper to obtain from commendations as you level than their weapon counterparts.

"I want to not really have to worry about the content too much, but keep my gear upgraded"

-- Take cybertech and supporting skills. This lets you fill your own armor and mod slots even if you don't do enough of the PvE content to buy stuff from the commendation vendors. You can get barrels or hilts by deconstructing pvp weapons if you really need them.

"Man, this system uses all my money, that's incredibly annoying"

--Take three gathering skills, make one of them slicing. Slicing levels itself (just spam 'cases' missions and you'll get as much money out as you put in) and sell the other materials you gather on the AH, then use the AH to buy what you actually need.

"I really want to be able to fill in all my slots with good stuff end-game."

-- Go with bio (and supporting) or your class's armorcraft (and supporting). This allows you to grab those implant slot purples and belts/bracers that will otherwise likely be the gaps in your gear at 50.

I fully concur with this. It's easiest to just choose Bioanalysis, Scavenging, and Slicing while leveling - once you hit 50, you then have the choice of pursuing four crafting professions due to maxed out Bioanalysis and Scavenging. Hopefully by then, BioWare will be closer to equalizing each of the crew skills to make those other than Biochem appealing and worth taking.

Just go biochem.

Your guild is most likely going to require it for raiding anyway and as you can see from the numerous threads here, there's no benefit in grinding any of the other crafts to 400.

For the temporary amount of time you'll have barrels, grips, mods, etc, there's not much reason to use crafted ones instead of the greens/blues that you get from drops or commendation vendors.

Edited by Fuzzytoad

Just go biochem.

Your guild is most likely going to require it for raiding anyway and as you can see from the numerous threads here, there's no benefit in grinding any of the other crafts to 400.

For the temporary amount of time you'll have barrels, grips, mods, etc, there's not much reason to use crafted ones instead of the greens/blues that you get from drops or commendation vendors.

I wont go biochem for the simple reason of not liking to make potions/stims generally, i didn't like that in some previous MMO games i have played so i always opted for something else, it was always more fun to make a good sword/gun/armor/mod whatever than to make these :)

Now i do know that Biochem is currently the cream of crop and very popular, however i firmly believe that in due time all other crafting skills will improve, you will see legions of those people who dropped everything to go Biochem because it is everyone's favorite at the moment become rather disappointed about their choice.

Also i read that a nerf for Biochem is on it's way.

As for the guild making it mandatory for me to have biochem in order to participate in raids, well that i will not be a part of definitely, i will not allow myself to be harassed in that way ever.

I expect a guild to be a fun place above all other things, with nice people so if some retarded guild leader starts pushing people in that manner i wouldn't have a problem leaving them.

Hell, some pug raids i organized with friends in Warcraft were more efficient than those of some hardcore control freak lunatics, not to mention the amount of fun they provided without the tensions and requirements and hysteria these elitists tend to throw at people.

I always believed games like this should be played for fun, enjoyment and good times with nice people, that tends to disappear when some start to boss you around and start telling you what you must/can't have or do.

Edited by Vlacke

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.