Sniper List of Issues

DarthElation

Add on to this if im missing anything.

Cover:

Abilities are still cancelling, cover seemed to work much better in beta.

Can't jump into cover after falling x-amount of distance. (You appear to still be in cover, but can move around and not pop back into cover until you fall again)

Some instant click abilities are not working while in cover UNLESS you target yourself. This bug happens sometimes, sometimes not. Abilities such as shield probe, entrench, ballistic shield, evasion, all seem to fail to go off at random times when in cover unless you target yourself.

Diversion I have noticed cancelling the cover effect while entrenched. Diversion is a controlling effect, entrench is supposed to stop that...So I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but something I have definitely noticed while fighting gunslingers/other snipers.

Other:

Countermeasures breaking you out of CC when specced into it in the lethality tree is not working. (Only seems to work when not stunned, etc not sure if this is intended or not, but the item description says ALL-MOVEMENT IMPAIRING EFFECTS) EDIT: tooltip on the talent for this is correct, it isnt a bug and is working as intended.

That is all I can think of. I figure if we get enough buzz about this on the forums maybe something will happen!

Edited by DarthElation

I'm pretty sure Diversion is working as intended as well. It's more of a debuff, not a CC.

note: Diversion isn't a CC. its a 45% accuaracy debuff that knocks you out of cover. Entrench stops all CC, being knocked out of cover isn't a CC there by why it doesn't stop Diversion.

edit don't know why I quoted you lol

Edited by PFifteyOneD

note: Diversion isn't a CC. its a 45% accuaracy debuff that knocks you out of cover. Entrench stops all CC, being knocked out of cover isn't a CC there by why it doesn't stop Diversion.

edit don't know why I quoted you lol

We have a passive ability called "Hold position" which should make us immune to ability activated knockbacks, so entrench or no entrench, we shouldnt get knockbacked while in cover.

Diversion however is working as intended as it has nothing to do with CC.

Edited by Eisenhart

The fact that you cannot go into cover when rooted.

HOW RETARDED IS THIS?

I hate when i get charged by warriors and I can't go into cover because I'm rooted therefore I can't use the abilities I need to use to combat them. /RAGE

We have a passive ability called "Hold position" which should make us immune to ability activated knockbacks, so entrench or no entrench, we shouldnt get knockbacked while in cover.

I'm pretty sure 'Hold Position' means pushback on activating your own abilities... You won't get pushback on that 1.5 second Snipe or Ambush due to it. I don't think it refers to physical knockbacks.

Edited by Mayuyu

Abilities used right after entering cover bug out, the animation/cast time go off but nothing happens, no damage is done and usually the CDs aren't used.

Examples: Instant Snipe via the Snap Shot talent (the buff stays up too, it just wastes a GCD, making this talent useless case I could have just casted it in that time..)

Ambush going off but not doing anything.

Explosive probe, same thing.

This seems to have happened only since the last patch for me, everything worked right after entering cover before.

If anyone else has experienced this please respond, I'm hoping to get more info. I've already started lvling an OP cause it's extremely frustrating to play around.

So is knockback not considered CC for Entrench? I'm getting knocked back and out of cover buy weak mobs with rocket launchers. More of an annoyance than anything gamebreaking at this point but still, can I/we get some clarification on this?

I have a game breaking bug to show that is not listed, I frapsed my infernal council kill tonight and manged to capture it happening multiple times. Just editing it now to show it because perhaps you might not have noticed before, check this thread in like 15min and I will have posted a link to the youtube video(it will be unlisted and not revenue enabled so no QQ about me trying to get views)

also @synfoola - entrench does protect you from all knockbacks, I use it a lot in pvp to bait people into wasting GCD's on knockbacks instead of damage. I can 100% say that it does prevent all pvp knockbacks as well as the ones from the Taal spotters in the ilum area.

Edited by Imspecial

I have a game breaking bug to show that is not listed, I frapsed my infernal council kill tonight and manged to capture it happening multiple times. Just editing it now to show it because perhaps you might not have noticed before, check this thread in like 15min and I will have posted a link to the youtube video(it will be unlisted and not revenue enabled so no QQ about me trying to get views)

This guy not only trolls your mind, but also your eyes.

Okay seriously his not trolling, but his original choice for font/colour is not the best :).

Edited by shadowAI

This guy not only trolls your mind, but also your eyes.

Okay seriously his not trolling, but his original choice for font/colour is not the best :).

Sorry I'll rethink the color, I like the font though, I put the effort into my posts so throwing some color and font on to make it stand out a little is just some flair.

also -

The bug this video shows is that occasionally channels will activate and do no damage. Sometimes they will not even go on cooldown and you can spam them 2+ times before they eventually do damage and go on cooldown. Don't mistake this for the Rapid Fire effect from the Marksman tree, this is a different effect alltogether. I notice this a lot when in lethality spec and by luck captured it happening multiple times during my infernal council nightmare 8 kill today which I normally fraps as a form of self dps check(faster kill = higher dps). I sent this link in a ticket to Gm's also so they should be aware of this once the ticket gets viewed.

Side note - I apologise for the wierd blur in the video, my resolution is 1680x1050 and I fraps at 60fps/half size so that the game is both still smooth for me, yet not a huge filesize. So when I edited it I simply upscaled the 840x525 60fps footage to 1280x720 then slowed it down to 30fps so that you could clearly see the bug in action.

Edited by Imspecial

I think the ranged interrupt spell whatever it is called, is causing issues, after using it my abilities delay and bug out and it often takes 2-4 seconds for me to place a mobile cover. This happens in other situations but mostly just after using the interrupt.