SW:TOR Subscriptions Dropping By 4% Every Single Day Since Release? Disturbing News

Xugos

Hardcore MMO players who need tools and addons to hold their hand? Carebear much?

What you call Hardcore MMO players I call pansies in tights, seriously.

You want a Hardcore MMO? Go play Darkfall (Admiteddly dying in the build up to DF2) or Eve, or Everquest. Anygame where you actually lose a whole crap load of stuff on death, see how long your "Hardcore" MMO players last. LOL.

your definition of hardcore and his/her definition are totally different. the way they were using it means someone that plays for more than just a casual experience, raiding or pvping seriously. you take hardcore to mean only difficult.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting late, and people still insist that I'm trolling and relentlessly flame everything that disagrees with their chosen narrative.

PCE.

You been told by the friggin author of the tool that you are reading it wrong and that your assumptions are basically, well, crap. Now go away

I work with numbers.... big numbers are good when I want more of the things I am am counting. A game needs more logins as more logins mean people are well using the game. less people using teh game means less people will eventually pay for it...

It happened in M59, EQ, SWG, LoTRo, Rift and every other game out there... the only MMO so far that has increased day one logins significantly has been WoW and yes there were bugs, and yes there was a toxic forum community, and yes people still came back...

the different issue is here we have a game that is 7 years too late. its not geared for Hardcore MMo players due to lack of tools and content, and it is not really very ADHD friendly for the facebook generation. Its falleing between the two...

It will have a very loyal following and it will remain profitable. I think every one can now agree it won't be the WoW killer it was hyped to be.

Just face facts... just because people are leaving does not mean teh game will die. It just wont be that successful so what?

I might resub in a few months if they radically improve but hey either way noone died!

Incorrect WoW had drop off in the very same department that Xugos is using. Server population.

The hype about it being a WoW killer is purely 3rd party hype, hardly a the voice for the game.

I work with numbers as well, and if you do, then you understand this chart doesn't track sub numbers nor does it track log ins. It tracks server population at a given point. Compiles that data and then shows it over a daily, weekly and monthly period.

Obviously a declining number does likely mean less time spent in game. However it doesn't take into account factors effecting that number nor does it give any sort of accurate look into number of subs.

If I log in two days a week when the average is four, then I am pulling down the average population on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. But by the same token I am not pulling down the number of subscribers, and hence am not truly effecting this games "fiscal" success.

OP

Can you please show me, where that Arena site you cite in the OP shows their source for their numbers? I can't find it.

Edit: NVM, It was already explained by one of the site's owners. You, OP, have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by Truga

Thanks for the clarification.

So we can conclude that Xugos' claim that the game is losing 4% of it's subscribers every day based on these figures is pure fantasy.

Probably, as we can't make estimates on user count by pure server-population statistics. When a new MMO hits the market, users tend to play a lot in the very few first weeks and rush the max-level.

Yet again I want to post my clarification on graphics;

quick info on this; (as I'm the developer of that tool), the generated charts DOES NOT represent user subscriptions.

Instead the tool reads http://www.swtor.com/server-status and generate charts for server-loads based on given population field on the page.

So basically a total value of 800 (in y axis) for a total of 215 server means = 800 / 215 = 3.7 = ~ Heavy population in average.

Where as a value of 600 (in y axis) for a total of 215 server means = 800 / 215 = 2.7 = Standard population.

0 -> offline

1 - 2 -> light

2 - 3-> standard

3 - 4 -> heavy

4 - 5 -> very heavy

5+ -> full

So yet again, the game did not lost active subscribers last two weeks but instead average population of servers dropped down - which is a good thing (meaning less queues if any).

In MMO launches, heavy populations are always expected and over time they normalize - which is already the case for SWTOR -- and those charts actually represent that.

Can anybody with a post in first page of the thread can paste this explanation? So people can get an understanding of the charts before commenting on the OP's erroneous interpretation of them.

Oh wow, pwned in the extreme! lol

You been told by the friggin author of the tool that you are reading it wrong and that your assumptions are basically, well, crap. Now go away

LoL he dos it all the time:D its vorps.... he just got laugh out of the WoW Games, Gaming and Hardware forms for making topics and posts with hes army of alts......

read all about it here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8719?page=2#27

I answered them on ~page 6, I believe.

Nope, you didn't. You haven't once confirmed that you don't have access to biowares sub numbers.

We know why you don't of course, its becasue you'll have to admit to being a fool, instead of just being thought of as one.

Can't wait for your sub to expire, but i know your type. Your life is so small you'll continue to sub so you can post on this forum, seeking affirmation from a few like minded shut ins, and loving the attention you're getting.

Ultimately, you want this game to fail. Not because it will benefit anyone, in fact it'll be to the detriment of many people. But it will make you feel good.

Theres a word for someone that desires someone elses pain for their pleasure. Sociopath.

oh look its vorps.... he just got laugh out of the WoW Games, Gaming and Hardware forms for making topics and posts with hes army of alts......:rolleyes:

read all about it here:D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881918719?page=2#27

Lol!!!

This acctually gave me a big laugh. I cant belive some people take their trolling this serious. Cant they just ban this notorious troll?

http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics

The over-all trend diagram says that SW:TOR's population has been dropping by ~4% every single day since the two days after release.

It also says that 86% of servers are light, and ~13.5% are standard, and ~0.5% are other.

Losing 4% of your total subscribers everyday is not something that "always happens to new MMOs."

Let's say this: 1.2 million subs right now.

From this it follows that:

(1.2 million)(0.96)^30 = 0.293857643(1.2 million) = ~352k subs after 30 days.

This trend is also quite reputable since it has been occurring for the past 2.5 weeks or so.

The number of 352 000 subscriptions is lower than Bioware's published break-even point of 500 000 subs. Is this trouble for SW:TOR's future over-all?

This is alarming news to anyone who realizes that SW:TOR's community is already dispersed in-game as is, will a population drop make implementing cross-server services such as LFG and PvP matchmaker MANDATORY things in order for the game to survive?

I believe so, because as is, people spam LFG chat for 40 min - 50 min in order to just look for a group. As the population drops, this will only get worse.

Merging servers is also a possibility, but most MMO developers avoid that like the plague since it is a subtle indication that their game is dying.

Don't need to look at any statistics, I believe it.

The greatest part of these guys that say that they hate SWTOR will continue playing this game for sure. I think that 5 years will pass and Xugos will still be here, playing SWTOR and telling us how bad it is.

By the way, the activity on a release of a MMO always is extremely high, and then, after a month people play less hours in general and some leave, so the queues on servers disappear. That is the main reason why i took a very high population server, knowing that this was going to happen.

Anyway, you cant expect that a game that has been just realeased will have the same content like a game that has been up for 7 or 8 years. WoW, fine, compare with WoW: WoW needed about 3 or 5 years of development to be released and since its realase have passed about 7 or 8 years, that gives to the developers more than 10 years for make content. Do you really expect that a game that has been just realased would have the content of a game that has more than 10 years behind?

I have played MMOs for about 12 years, have played an inmense number of them, and I think that SWTOR, for being a recently released game, has a decent amount of content, more than most of the games that i have played before, including WoW, because you cant say: "a new game must have all the content that WoW has and more", because WoW needed more than 10 years in pre-release and after-release to have it. You can try to expect a better quality or different content, but pretend that a new game will have more content than and old one is pretty impossible.

Anyone, feel free to play or quit. Personally i like this game, so i will continue playing =)

Personally i enjoy it, so i will continue playing it.

Edited by Shaligal

LoL he dos it all the time:D its vorps.... he just got laugh out of the WoW Games, Gaming and Hardware forms for making topics and posts with hes army of alts......

read all about it here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8719?page=2#27

That is just pure win, Algathor nailed him so bad he bailed out of that thread. I posted in a couple other threads there, it's fun nailing some of those people and watching them fumble about when they're canned arguments get exposed, but there's some good people there and this dude got nailed by one of them.lulz