JAMES OHLEN! - I am having FPS issues with a high end PC!

SunwindIon

Last year in December I upgraded my entire PC, I got an i5 2500k CPU, an HD6970 GPU, an SSD, 8gig ram, p8p67 mobo, etc etc, short story is I still get FPS dips while playing for seemingly no reason! I can ctrl+shift+f the FPS display and *see* it going from 60..40..30...back up to 60 when all I am doing is running about Carrick station, and when the FPS drops the game even seems to stutter

The frame rate issues are not widespread and they are localized. That's why your frame rate is dropping. Honestly, when the devs don't say anything its RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE. When they do say something its RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE. The 17th cannot get here fast enough...

Intel Core i5 2500K

ASRock Z68 Pro3

8GB (2 × 4GB) G.Skill RipJaws-X (Sandy Bridge) CL9 DDR3-1600

ATI Radeon HD 6950 1Gb

Windows Home Premium 64bit

Your setup looks pretty much like mine and with mine it works perfectly well with full settings. Hope you get the problem fixed as far as I can tell it should not be your specs that is causing the FPS drop.

And yea some guys have 4k-6k dollar Alienware and dont consider this top of the line but it is quite good enough to run SWTOR on max settings with good performance.