In case you missed it: Combat logs are coming, but only for yourself

Felioats

Man, this entire game is a nightmare for me. I'm really regretting the $60 I spent. I'm sorry, but if I play at this point I'm basically sending the message that I'm human filth and Bioware can do everything possible to marginalize me and I'll still give them money.

I'm sorry you feel that way...but that is exactly how millions of Casual players felt during WoW Classic, TBC and again at Cataclysm...I just got a email from Blizzard offering me two free months if I come back they are hurting...they can't make it with just their hardcore raiders and they are doing everything shy of leading me by the hand and killing Deathwing for me just to get me to come back.

Bioware doesn't ever want to be in that position. I do sincerely hope that one day you will find the MMO you are looking for.

take care.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's a challenge?

It's a lot, a lot bigger than this.

It is more inclusive because it includes all the people, dare I say care bears who cannot play for themselves, they need add-ons to do it for them, and it includes all the wannabe raiders who are using tools to help them guarantee a win and are the same spec, with the same rotations.

That is not playing, that is as close to macro'ing a raid/win as you get without actually automating it.

WOW and Rift(both of which allow real parsing and macros) are both Bigger than EQ and it's sequels. You just proved my point that you want this game to be something that's Exclusive and not Inclusive.

Wanting something to be cumbersome doesn't increase the chllenge and Outside of EQ's masochistic environment will be viewed as archaic or outright bad. Which is why that game lost soooooooo many players when it's 1st MAJOR (I don't wanna here but DAoC was helping WOW!) competitor emerged. Accessibility will continue to win because this is a business. They aren't building this game for a return to your glory days in EQ, they are building it to make a Profit. Being inclusive will help them to do that A LOT faster.

Sick of the "in EQ/Vanilla WOW' nonsense when it's obvious that 1 game lost people, and 1 gained more players after "The Developer" of the latter realized that, people have lives outside of games.

Edited by Chosenxeno

Naaaa Zoller is a big time Raider min/maxer I'm pretty sure you will get all the relative info.....just it will only be your relative info.

If there's anyone who cares about group content designing this, it will allow group parsing options.

If they want to throw in an "opt out of logging" preference for folks, that would be fine.

( yrs raiding on Everquest without add-ons or meters or even worrying about it. I'm not the one who can't play or is in any way ignorant.

What you people are saying is you cannot raid unless you have more tools to help you raid and win.

Sounds like care-bear raiding to me.

/cheer

coming up next are demands for DBM and threat meters!:(

you so called raiders are not even willing try and defeat bosses without any help so sad. is problem solving that hard for you all?

Hehe...a LOT of speculation.

I say wait until it's implemented to complain either way.

It might be personal only, but I doubt it. The way parsers work it normally would include all damage put out and taken in.

At least in my experience.

Yeah I had a buddy of mine back at the end of TBC he had all these add-ons and macros all his spell rotations set up tones for when he was in the fire when the Boss would enrage when his mana dropped below a certain percent.

He would do his homework while raiding never hardly looked at the screen.. when you get to that point you are a bot not a gamer. :rolleyes:

.. but at least he moved out of the fire.

OR you will have guild leaders requiring logs to be submitted at the end of each raid so they can be reviewed by leader and officers.

Where there is a will, there is a way (at least in guilds).

Then swap guild if it bothers you. Either the guild leader is elitist moron (reason enough to leave), or you are afraid to submit logs because you know you are underperforming / not good enough for the guild.

You see what I bolded and underlined. Now remember that you mentioned "A list raiders" and how what they do dictates what others want from you. Now also remember that those "A list raiders" are more than likely also downing raid/heroic/fp/boss/whatever. Now what does a public meter do? Oh yes it helps us to compare and see our work and see who is slacking. Now if someone isn't puling their weight in a game were the current raid tiers require top notch dps, what kind of result will we get? A wiped raid! Now if we keep wiping because someone isn't pulling their weight, what kind of feelings will you have? I'll let you figure that one out but here's a hint, it isn't fun. In the end you are killing what's fun for myself and lot's of people like me.

And in the end you are killing what's fun for other players who don't feel like being reduced to a set of numbers someone got from a third-party strat site. Ever notice how MMO developers don't release actual "minimum" damage output numbers for their encounters? There's a reason for that, and it's sourced solely in behavior like yours.

If you want a damage meter for yourself, I have no issues with that. It lets you see what you're doing. What other players are doing is none of your business.

And in the end you are killing what's fun for other players who don't feel like being reduced to a set of numbers someone got from a third-party strat site. Ever notice how MMO developers don't release actual "minimum" damage output numbers for their encounters? There's a reason for that, and it's sourced solely in behavior like yours.

If you want a damage meter for yourself, I have no issues with that. It lets you see what you're doing. What other players are doing is none of your business.

That's right! It's not a group activity galdarnit! Just one person in front of this screen!

Then swap guild if it bothers you. Either the guild leader is elitist moron (reason enough to leave), or you are afraid to submit logs because you know you are underperforming / not good enough for the guild.

Apparently you MUST join that type of guild and it's impossible for you to leave lol

If there's anyone who cares about group content designing this, it will allow group parsing options.

If they want to throw in an "opt out of logging" preference for folks, that would be fine.

what we need a game developer with balls enough to go back to group play for leveling. Not as bad as the EQ grind was but not at the speed of star wars and wow either. the social aspect is being phased out of these games.

Also, EQ1 did have parsers. And most top end guilds, including mine, used one. We just didn't normally post them or talk about them in guild chat. If someone was lower then they should be we talked to them about it. If it becomes a normalcy, they were told they weren't working out.

It just wasn't something every player knew about. It was something that worked outside of the game and couldn't be posted in chat either.

what we need a game developer with balls enough to go back to group play for leveling. Not as bad as the EQ grind was but not at the speed of star wars and wow either. the social aspect is being phased out of these games.

and yet you are against a mechanic Utility like LFD that "groups".

how is the social aspect Dying when you can still join a guild?

So much BS on these Threads.

I don't know about that I really dig being able to do heroics with my wife and our Companions or if I'm not feeling social to log and just lose myself in the story without having to worry about someone else.....having that option is a good thing I think.

It is the business of everyone in the group, if someone is causing a wipe due to low healing/dps. The people who fear scrutiny only do so because they are worried they will be judged based on doing badly. If they know they are doing badly, they can do something to improve. If they are unwilling to hear about how badly they are doing because they might get their feelings hurt, then I really would rather not waste my time with them.

Want to know YOUR PERSONAL DPS? Now you have a way to know YOUR DPS. All recount knows is promote people yelling at other's for not being in a certain spec, smashing the SAME button's over and over and yell at anyone who is not a clone of DPS/SPEC...

So as I said. I may be in your raid. Want to know MY DPS. I will lie. Want me to upload it? I will edit. You cannot beat this system. Everquest didn't have RECOUNT and we did JUST FINE. I really doubt ANYONE will quit over not having recount. But I know people might quit over recount being added.

Enjoy it, casuals like myself. Get to know people for who they are and appreciate that. Because you sure won't be knowing my DPS.

Also, EQ1 did have parsers. And most top end guilds, including mine, used one. We just didn't normally post them or talk about them in guild chat. If someone was lower then they should be we talked to them about it. If it becomes a normalcy, they were told they weren't working out.

It just wasn't something every player knew about. It was something that worked outside of the game and couldn't be posted in chat either.

if some guilds had them it was a very select few. I played and was in the top raiding guild on my server we never used them and didn't need them. and neither did the other raiding guilds on our server.

edit: I'm going to call BS on your post the was no raid size limit. i find it doubtful anyone would be removed for under performing.

Edited by guided_by_voices

This is a lie. The Almighty EQ did not allow parsers and everyone played blindfolded and hit keys with their feet!

LOL thank you for this. This is more proof that the people against a lot of the bells and whistles did not raid at a high-level and secretly want to be carried.

Top end guild? Which one please? Trialty was the top.

Want to know YOUR PERSONAL DPS? Now you have a way to know YOUR DPS. All recount knows is promote people yelling at other's for not being in a certain spec, smashing the SAME button's over and over and yell at anyone who is not a clone of DPS/SPEC...

So as I said. I may be in your raid. Want to know MY DPS. I will lie. Want me to upload it? I will edit. You cannot beat this system. Everquest didn't have RECOUNT and we did JUST FINE. I really doubt ANYONE will quit over not having recount. But I know people might quit over recount being added.

Enjoy it, casuals like myself. Get to know people for who they are and appreciate that. Because you sure won't be knowing my DPS.

EQ did have parsers. If you were in a top raiding guild, someone was parsing you. You just might not of known about it.

It becomes my business when the boss isn't dieing and I have wasted my time because people like you can not perform as well as others and are holding back 7 other people. Maybe my common sense is messed up but the number 7 seems to be greater than the number 1.