The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Worried you wil get 'ganked' by a level 50?

Anarchi

I am seeing a lot of these posts claiming that the way early access has been rolled out is unfair especially on the PvP servers as those that have early access will be a much higher level than those entering the game later, and therefore they will 'gank' the low levels?

I personally believe the idea of their rollout / early access is the best possible solution to keep the servers balanced with the influx of new players, but also keep the areas relatively clear for the next wave to start. I think they could have scaled it up some as I think they could have let more people in and they were maybe a tad too cautious with their numbers, but this idea that because you are not in from the start you are at a disadvantage is a little over the top.

In any MMO, new people start playing the game many months even years after the game has been released and they still manage to play the game fine on the PvP servers. Even WoW players have managed it in the 7 odd years it has been running, if they hadnt it would have been the success it was, and no I am not a WoW fanboi, I gave up on that early on as the game just wasnt for me.

All I am saying is dont fret because you arent in early that you will get your backside handed to you in PvP, I am sure you will manage just fine.

Regards

Who gives a crap about being outleveled? That was bound to happen anyway. NO, no what I am pissed about is my character name(s) being all taken. Even my reserve (use if all others are taken) names.

legolas and masterchief are gone in 2 secs anyway

There is a difference between WoW and swtor. In WoW, theres actually stuff to do in the end-game. For all I know, theres very little to do in this games end-game, like Rift when it launched.

What are all of these bored level 50 players going to do? Leave, PvP, or come screw with lower levels. I just wanted to be able to level up with these people so I don't have to constantly get ganked by max level players.

This argument is ridicuously dumb. Do you know how many times I've re-rolled alts in WoW? Do you expect them to reset EVERYONE's character whenever you do this?

"Oh hey Blizz, could you kindly reset everyone today because I would like to level a Priest and I don't want to get killed at all in this game, I just want some EA-Z-MODE kid gloves please PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Quit complaining.

So wait--let me see if I understand this. Everyone that rolls on a PVP server creates their toons at the exact same moment and all level at exactly the same pace? And there is no creating alts? Wow--no wonder PVP is so much fun.

There is a difference between WoW and swtor. In WoW, theres actually stuff to do in the end-game. For all I know, theres very little to do in this games end-game, like Rift when it launched.
WoW had every bit as little to do at the end-game at it's launch. In all fairness, Rift actually did a better job at fleshing out it's end-game quicker and with higher quality content than, in my opinion, any MMO (with a questionable amount of end-game content) ever. Edited by Fascion

If you are rolling on a PvP server, you should just expect some of this. Not every person is going to pick a fair fight. There will always be high levels that gank low levels, regardless of who started the game when... If you want every fight to be fair, roll on PvE where your PvP tag has to be manually turned on, so you get to pick when and where you PvP.

If you want excitement, a reason to group up with people and call for reinforcements, and you like the satisfaction of being the underdog and still sometimes coming out on top... roll on PvP, but expect that people fight dirty.

This is an MMO after all. Last I checked if someone picks an unfair 1v1 with you, you can turn it into an unfair 10v1 on them...