ctrl + left click!!!!

TarikGur

This function is killing me. I have adapted somewhat but am still aggrivated by all the items I have bought by accident (ctrl+right click buys it, ctrl+left click views it)

Early in the game I wasnt sure right or left click, and bought a speeder I was trying to view...after about 10 emails to in game support (which always gave me the same reply about resubmitting with different details...got extremely annoying btw) they refunded it finally. Though they warned me we only get 3 refunds of such a nature...........3??? why only 3 to start out a new game? Why upset the subscribers?

First off there is no VALIDATION promt that comes up when purchases expensive items. A simple "are you sure you want to buy that item: Yes or No?" would do wonders!

Second, let us sell it back for full price if we havent used it and its within a certain time frame like an hour or so.

Sometimes we buy things by accident, which I keep doing and its driving me nuts. Sometimes we buy things and change our minds in 5 minutes but havent used them yet.

Why punish the player? Theres no need for it. And why burden in-game support with the extra work load of answering and fixing the issue. Thats money out of Biowares pocket to pay those people.

I did this...accidentally bought a worthless item (worthless to me anyway) costing me a whopping 11,900 credits. They refunded the credits to me, which I was surprised when my ticket was even answered.

But I agree...this is annoying and the vendor should buy the item back for what you purchased it for.

Or at the very least, a confirmation box should pop up for big ticket items

And I swear there is either a tooltip or a loading screen tip that says "Control + Right click to view item on your character."

Am I just imagining that?

I have the same thought....so maybe you are right.

Sometimes I have tried to view it and it doesnt work, so I think "maybe im clicking wrong" then I try a different button and whoops, just bought 25000 credit item...ugh.

Im still waiting (1 week so far and I think it dissapeared off my email list) for a reply for a refund of a 10k companion customization thingy.....still havent figured out what it does either. Anyone know? It doesnt change their stat, it doesnt change their look, theres no way to interact with it other than place it on their customization button on their armor screen...what does it do? anyways, lost 10k on that one.

Edited by TarikGur

borrow the item? Im not understanding your post.

If you can return it, then you didn't buy it. You just borrowed it.

Edit:

I.e., if I can continuously "buy" a bike, then return it for a full refund within an hour, then whats to stop me from immediatly re-buying the bike for another hour?

Why then, waste time on implementing an economy. We could just have a marxist-socailist economy, where you can simply take what you need. Maybe conditional on level and active missions.

Edited by Soraz

If you can return it, then you didn't buy it. You just borrowed it.

I said sell it back if you havent used it. This isnt uncommon. As a specific example, WoW does allow this.

Yeah, if you buy something and use it for a day/week/month there should not be a full buy back price. But if the item has sit in your bag and not been used, its not too much to ask for a full refund either because we didnt mean to buy it, or bought it too quickly then realised we got the wrong thing, or theres a better option and havent used it yet.

Im not talking about trade purchases...im talking vendor purchases.

you are implying that the item is being used to our benefit, then refunded. thats not what im saying.

Edited by TarikGur

I have the same thought....so maybe you are right.

Sometimes I have tried to view it and it doesnt work, so I think "maybe im clicking wrong" then I try a different button and whoops, just bought 25000 credit item...ugh.

Im still waiting (1 week so far and I think it dissapeared off my email list) for a reply for a refund of a 10k companion customization thingy.....still havent figured out what it does either. Anyone know? It doesnt change their stat, it doesnt change their look, theres no way to interact with it other than place it on their customization button on their armor screen...what does it do? anyways, lost 10k on that one.

A companion customization should change the looks of the specified companion unless you bought the same one that was already on them. Otherwise its bugged. It will say with the item what companion it is for.

A companion customization should change the looks of the specified companion unless you bought the same one that was already on them. Otherwise its bugged. It will say with the item what companion it is for.

Yes it is for the correct companion, and there was no item already equiped that was replaced.

When I tried to view it before purchase, it showed nothing. Then, as I thought to myself "maybe im clicking the wrong button", I right clicked and it was bought.

When I place it on the companion it does nothing...so I guess its bugged.

I said sell it back if you havent used it. This isnt uncommon. As a specific example, WoW does allow this.

Yeah, if you buy something and use it for a day/week/month there should not be a full buy back price. But if the item has sit in your bag and not been used, its not too much to ask for a full refund either because we didnt mean to buy it, or bought it too quickly then realised we got the wrong thing, or theres a better option and havent used it yet.

Im not talking about trade purchases...im talking vendor purchases.

you are implying that the item is being used to our benefit, then refunded. thats not what im saying.

I'm sure I will be cursing myself when I happen to make the same clickety mistake. Probably some time soon.

I would agree, that within the same trading session you should be able to place the item back in the vendors inventory for a full refund.

• 2 weeks later...
FOUND IT! Load screen for Taris. It says Ctrl+right click shows item mods. Thats a major error!!! Ctrl + right click buys an object when done at a vendor! this is a major problem! I have done this sooo many time! Edited by TarikGur

FOUND IT! Load screen for Taris. It says Ctrl+right click shows item mods. Thats a major error!!! Ctrl + right click buys an object when done at a vendor! this is a major problem! I have done this sooo many time!

That tip is for viewing mods in an orange item, not for viewing the said item on a character...

yep i kinda wished there was some sort of warning cos i done the mistake in trying to view a item but end up buying it ( not even for my class ( armor type ) ), so yes it was my mistake not bioware and yes i should pay more attention but a warning would be nice :p or lets us sell for the same amount you bought it ( put a timer/redo or something ) Edited by Punizher

I've made the mistake too but I didn't even think to ask for a refund, but I don't think what I bought cost that much, it's not really a problem. Adapt or die.

You are saying that since you didnt pay much for it, that its not a problem? I bet if you had paid alot for the item you would change your tune.

You are saying that since you didnt pay much for it, that its not a problem? I bet if you had paid alot for the item you would change your tune.

I would like to think I wouldn't but of course it's hard to gauge one's own momentary weaknesses from the perspective of the contemplative mind. I want to be clear and say I fully support a measure such as making ctrl + right click and ctrl + left click do the same thing in this instance, and I understand and sympathize with your experience.

I think the best thing to do would to add an actual preview button on the UI when looking at a vendor. That way instead of clicking the item, just select the item and click preview. It would be very hard to make a mistake that way. It is easy to mistake ctrl+right click and ctrl+left click, I have wasted Champion gear that way on buying a the wrong piece.

Honestly it gives me very little confidence in a game developer when they can't see ahead of time that something like this will be an issue.

Theres tons of "little" issues like this in the game that make me sit there and think "really?? they made the game like this??". Very amateure hour.