Rupture for Carnage Spec

Tycholiz

I realize this is an ignorant question but I'm just curious if rupture is an efficient ability to use as carnage spec. I look at the tooltip, and rupture only does 225 dmg initially and about 630 over a few seconds, where my battering assault builds 2 rage and causes 450 damage instantly. Maybe i'm missing something, but it seems that most of the talents that beef up rupture are in the annihilation tree. So I'm just curious if using this ability as Carnage is inefficient.

Thanks

I realize this is an ignorant question but I'm just curious if rupture is an efficient ability to use as carnage spec. I look at the tooltip, and rupture only does 225 dmg initially and about 630 over a few seconds, where my battering assault builds 2 rage and causes 450 damage instantly. Maybe i'm missing something, but it seems that most of the talents that beef up rupture are in the annihilation tree. So I'm just curious if using this ability as Carnage is inefficient.

Thanks

Rupture is a dot, and the annhilation tree is a talent tree for buffing dots :) I never use Rupture, unless my opponent can stealth...i apply it just to be safe.

Waste of a GCD for Carnage, for annihilation is part of the main rotation.

The reason being, is that you have far more valuable things to be spamming and don't benefit from putting a DoT up.

At of the Carnage rotation you have a choice between rupture / Massacre, massacre will always come out on top for more effective DPS increase due to it increasing your chance to proc Ataru form.

well is it worth it if u do Rupture and then Force Choke, so dot ticks while u choke?

It isn't really worth, the damage it does isn't worth the rage to be honest, when you are carnage that is. I don't even have rupture on my bar. For stealthers there is smash.