deleted mail with 20k ish credits...can i get it back?

OldSwab

I mean, oops.

I was careless and was deleting some other mail...

Anyway I can retrieve it? It was for a crafted implant from GTN.

Thanks in advance or WARNING to pay more attention, for me escpecially! :)

Guess you could try opening a ticket......don't know how long it would take them to respond.

Sure I'll get flamed for suggesting that, but it's the only thing I can think of to try.

filed ticket, will be more careful.

completely my mistake; hoping they'll help me. all in all, not a huge deal, but was saving up for a speeder skill lol...

At least you have the right attitude regarding it. I think I accidentally deleted a 10K GTN sale. I looked at my cash on hand (85K) and realized it was a good chunk of change, but nothing that was going to break me.

I figured there were so many other tickets in the system for real and serious problems that I wasn't going to bother with a ticket. It was my mistake.

I'm frankly quite surprised you didn't say that Bioware is run by a bunch of morons for not giving you 10 prompts when you delete mail and how stuff like this shows that its a terrible single player game that will be f2p by March. Admitting your carelessness is frowned upon.

Hope they can help you.

At least you have the right attitude regarding it. I think I accidentally deleted a 10K GTN sale. I looked at my cash on hand (85K) and realized it was a good chunk of change, but nothing that was going to break me.

I figured there were so many other tickets in the system for real and serious problems that I wasn't going to bother with a ticket. It was my mistake.

It happens man, I was previewing outfits once and accidentally clicked to buy it.

Was out of the cold hard cash nearly leaving me broke.

Oh well, lesson learned. I am much more attentive in those windows now.

I tried to look at what a speeder may actually look like and bought it for 99k.

Just making it garage kept until I hit lvl 50 and LS V.

Oh well...live and learn.

I've given my buddy quite a few Custom Speeder Schematics with the hopes he'd make me one. Found out after buying all the mats and giving him the Schematics, it's bind on pickup when he makes it. DOH!

I've given my buddy quite a few Custom Speeder Schematics with the hopes he'd make me one. Found out after buying all the mats and giving him the Schematics, it's bind on pickup when he makes it. DOH!

Yeah I made one for my brother...had the same issue. Still sitting in my bank because I hope at some point they let us at least RE them for the materials alone.

I'm frankly quite surprised you didn't say that Bioware is run by a bunch of morons for not giving you 10 prompts when you delete mail and how stuff like this shows that its a terrible single player game that will be f2p by March. Admitting your carelessness is frowned upon.

Hope they can help you.

Not ten prompts. But one. I bought orange gear by shift-right clicking in stead of shift-left clicking. Sure it was my mistake, and the item was reimbursed. But it is a waste of their time, and the fix is quite simple -- allow me to sell back an item for two hours or something. It would just fix a lot of grief for no real cost.

I don't at all mind people like the OP filing tickets regarding this -- he shouldn't have to, but the UI is a bit too shoddy for alternatives.

just a follow up,

they were very helpful and gave me a form to fill out to attempt to get my creds back, roughly 3 hours after filing the ticket.

i thought about it some more and just decided lesson learned and declined to follow through with the process of trying to reclaim my ones and zeroes.

i do appreciate their attention to my oopsie though, and i'm glad they were so responsive :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just go ahead and throw this up there for folks to laugh at.

I accidentally deleted a mail with 162k on it. Yes, it was my fault for being inattentive. But also yes, there really should be a confirmation for deleting mails with attachments. Especially mails from the GTN.

I'll just go ahead and throw this up there for folks to laugh at.

I accidentally deleted a mail with 162k on it. Yes, it was my fault for being inattentive. But also yes, there really should be a confirmation for deleting mails with attachments. Especially mails from the GTN.

woolen wookies batman!

I tried to look at what a speeder may actually look like and bought it for 99k.

Just making it garage kept until I hit lvl 50 and LS V.

Oh well...live and learn.

I have done something similar to that. I feel like they need to add a feature where if you buy something it puts a 10 min cool down on it. So if you resell it to the vendor within those 10 min you will get a full refund of your credits.

I'm curious why you guys delete mails at all?

If a mail is from the AH or another character sending items/credits, it gets deleted after you take the item out. The only mails that don't get deleted right away are those from NPC quests and "official" ones like the CE bonus and pre-order bonus. And the ones from NPC quests get deleted after 5 days or something anyway.

Isn't there a warning box saying you are deleting active items/credits? If not there should be.

No, there is not.

At the poster above, we've got around 70 folks in the guild, and I've made implants for a good many. I delete several "thanks!" emails every few days. They're right there in and amongst the auction emails...

I've racked up about 50K in deleted creds, but none recently :)

"Ouch, that fire is hot!"

"Don't touch it again."

Not ten prompts. But one. I bought orange gear by shift-right clicking in stead of shift-left clicking. Sure it was my mistake, and the item was reimbursed. But it is a waste of their time, and the fix is quite simple -- allow me to sell back an item for two hours or something. It would just fix a lot of grief for no real cost.

I don't at all mind people like the OP filing tickets regarding this -- he shouldn't have to, but the UI is a bit too shoddy for alternatives.

The UI is not shoddy. If you do not understand the proper click functions then that is a you problem. Customer Service should not have to spend time fixing people's mistakes when there is legit issues people need help with.

• 4 years later...
filed ticket, will be more careful.

completely my mistake; hoping they'll help me. all in all, not a huge deal, but was saving up for a speeder skill lol...

lol I once sent a a crystal worth a few mil to someone who had the same name as my alt and happened to be in my friendlist somehow, maybe from way back when. They were kind enough to send it back to me, phew. I have also deleted mail with credits in it, like 10, with GTN stuff. I make sure not to misclick anymore. It happens to the best of us.

lol I once sent a a crystal worth a few mil to someone who had the same name as my alt and happened to be in my friendlist somehow, maybe from way back when. They were kind enough to send it back to me, phew. I have also deleted mail with credits in it, like 10, with GTN stuff. I make sure not to misclick anymore. It happens to the best of us.

Seriously, you necro'd a five year old topic :rolleyes: