Static Shield's Ward in PvP needs to be lowered by 30%.

Daecollo

It's not a bubble. It's nothing more than a heal you have to use before the damage is taken. If they converted it to heal the amount of damage it currently absorbs maybe people would stop making crap up and pretending it's something other than what it is.

Would be more useful too.

I actually dueled a high end Sorc awhile back and after popping his shield twice I finally managed to drop him into stasis before his third proc...I pounded into him and had him at 7%ish and was about to Dispatch/Bladestorm him when my Enure died off and his companion just cut me down in a single blow. If we had fought some more I very well may have eventually beaten him but throughout the first seconds while his shields where strong I couldn't hardly touch him.....so I understand that Sorcs/Sages melt without guard or this shield. But the fact remains that it SHUNS the Tanks defensive abilities. And that should not be the case.

At least you guys do get heals..I get a LAST STAND heal lol....one that I lose after ten seconds and one that tends to leave you in the dirt.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain how a 3k heal is better than all of your defensive moves?

I get a 15 second Absorb if Speced into Soresu on my main attack that is the best thing I get defensively....it absorbs a "moderate" amount of damage which in my experience appears to be roughly 800ish damage in PvP.

If your speced fully into Soresu then its on a normal CD but you can spec into Shien aswell to lower it to 9 seconds and get another defensive move on the way up in the form of CC immunity upon leaping for 4 seconds.

My other two abilities are both on 3 minute CDs as said...one decreases damage done by 40%...while its useful.... the three minute CD means you better not waste it at all...

the other is a clas ability called Saber Ward....it increases my defense chance.

Neither of these negate damage entirely and if you dont pop them together you still go down pretty fast * popping them together works alot better than just using one in almost every case*

Edited by JoeOrno

I get a 15 second Absorb if Speced into Soresu on my main attack that is the best thing I get defensively....it absorbs a "moderate" amount of damage which in my experience appears to be roughly 800ish damage in PvP.

If your speced fully into Soresu then its on a normal CD but you can spec into Shien aswell to lower it to 9 seconds and get another defensive move on the way up in the form of CC immunity upon leaping for 4 seconds.

My other two abilities are both on 3 minute CDs as said...one decreases damage done by 40%...while its useful.... the three minute CD means you better not waste it at all...

the other is a clas ability called Saber Ward....it increases my defense chance.

Neither of these negate damage entirely and if you dont pop them together you still go down pretty fast * popping them together works alot better than just using one in almost every case*

What class are you? Are you a healer?

Why are you comparing a heal (basically, it is just a heal) from a healing class to a tank? Do you want heals as well?

Its an Absorb shield....that is better than BOTH OF THE TANKING ABILITIES combined.

When proced the Sorc/Sage will take less damage than the Juggernaught/Guardian and decent Sorcs dont have alot of trouble keeping it up.

Edited by JoeOrno

You absolutely do not go down fast as a Guardian of any spec. You certainly don't go down faster than a Sage. I sense bad player emanating from your post.

The shield works on everyone on both sides equally the same. I cast it up whenever it's available on whomever needs it (or might need it soon if they are melee charging in). If you're heal spec you can spam cast it on other players that don't have the debuff lockout timer, as dps there is a cooldown which makes it less effective in terms of total preventative healing possible.

People who cry about this ability should find a sorc/sage to play with (since half the players seem to play one, shouldn't be hard). Then guess what, you also get the shield except you get it for free. Yes the shield helps me to survive. The shield helps tanks and mdps survive even more though.

Its an Absorb shield....that is better than BOTH OF THE TANKING ABILITIES combined.

When proced the Sorc/Sage will take less damage than the Juggernaught/Guardian and decent Sorcs dont have alot of trouble keeping it up.

40% damage reduction for how many seconds? Uhh yea that's what I thought. A sage/sorc shield absorbs 1 or 2 big hits and is gone. LOL. When both are over with which absorbs more damage? If you say sorc/mage shield you are a baddie. rofl

Edited by potroast

i think tanks need a couple of heals, a few ranged attacks and a shield that way there is no need to learn to play the class at all and just roll my face all over my keyboard and post screen shots of how much damage and healing i can do in warzones and proceed to enlarge my epeen.

i also believe we should nerf every other class other than tanks and make them completely worthless against tanks so a tank can rule the swtor universe

who is with me bros?!

It s a heal. We're missing a traditional heal and it was replaced by this ability.

It heals/absorbs 2.5k-3k damage at 50 every 20 seconds. It is a moderate heal on a long cool down that is instant cast.

A "decent" sorc can only keep it up once every 20 seconds without the 3 second reduction from the set bonus.

It s a heal. We're missing a traditional heal and it was replaced by this ability.

It heals/absorbs 2.5k-3k damage at 50 every 20 seconds. It is a moderate heal on a long cool down that is instant cast.

A "decent" sorc can only keep it up once every 20 seconds without the 3 second reduction from the set bonus.

Long cooldown as is like 5 seconds?

Not very long at all!

The only thing long is the immunity Timer, you can pretty much static shield an entire group before the match begins.

Edited by Daecollo

Long cooldown as is like 5 seconds?

Not very long at all!

Excuse me, the discussion here is not about distributing the shield across the entire team. That isn't effective anyway and is a waste of GCD's/Force.

The issue here is how it makes sorcs "OP" because they can absorb 2.5k-3k damage every 20 seconds.

Excuse me, the discussion here is not about distributing the shield across the entire team. That isn't effective anyway and is a waste of GCD's/Force.

The issue here is how it makes sorcs "OP" because they can absorb 2.5k-3k damage every 20 seconds.

Yes, because you can't shield your entire team, then recuperate and get your force back in 7 seconds...

Static Shield should prevent the Sage/Sorcerer from moving while maintaining the barrier.

Kind of like Cover makes Snipers/Gunslingers unable to move.

I'd find it funny hearing our melees crying coz they can't move if I cast shield on em:D

BOTH of my defensive abilities * neither of which completely negate damage like this shield does* are on 3 minute CDs...do I have a problem with this absorb shield???

BLOODY KRIFFING YES!!!

I still dont understand why the Squishy class gets the strongest defensive move ingame. It...baffles me....it needs a thee minute CD minimum.

It's a normal skill you have as healer in each mmo, it's called a "safe" skill to absorb spikes... I ll search a basic tactic guide explaining you guys what this skill is for, it's not to defend the healer its to defend you guys:rolleyes:

WITH OTHER WORDS ITS THE FIRST GODDAMN THING I CAST WHEN SMB TAKES DMG!!!!! ITS THE ONLY REALLY USEABLE INSTANT A SAGE/SORC HAS EXCEPT OF TINY HOTS WHICH ARE WITHOUT THE SHIELD PRETTY USELESS

Absorb Shields are alot better then heals in every single way, because.

1) You can't Overheal.

2) You can cast it on the run.

3) You can cast it before damage is dealt.

I don't bother to explain again, just read that: lil basic about pvp tactis:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Spike

read counter-tactics, the shield is equal to protective spirit

maybe you get it now^^

Yes, because you can't shield your entire team, then recuperate and get your force back in 7 seconds...

So now you're saying that this ability is overpowered because once per match, while you're jogging out to the objective a sorc can preload four moderate heals?

We've really started to reach here haven't we?

You absolutely do not go down fast as a Guardian of any spec. You certainly don't go down faster than a Sage. I sense bad player emanating from your post.

Please....i'm the guy who actually looks for people to protect especially Sages because i know if they are CCed and FFed then they just melt.

I have fought side by side with Sages since day one and in some cases the Sage does go down before me but often this is because he had everyone hitting him.

Face to face however the Inquisitors/Sages take more damage pre 50 than any Guardian/ Juggernaught pre champion gear ever will. It DOES balance out alot more once we get higher up but the fact is the Absorb Sages/SIs get puts the defense abilities on the Tank class to shame. Thats it. And that is the problem.

And Work calls...I have to go for now.

So now you're saying that this ability is overpowered because once per match, while you're jogging out to the objective a sorc can preload four moderate heals?

We've really started to reach here haven't we?

Ability is overpowered?

If its not overpowered, why are you defending it so and giving me false objectives?

You just said that it would be a "waste of force", and I told you "No, it really wouldn't be".

Looks like I'm teaching you how to play your own class, which is sad.