The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

I actually find it pretty hard to play and enjoy the game now. I know it's the same game I was playing before, this whole issue has just left such a bitter taste in my mouth. It was one thing to play and try to enjoy the game for what it was when I had hope that the texture issues was just a temporary bug. Now that I know it's "working as intended" and there won't be any sort of fix until March at the earliest, it's hard to cling to that naive hope I had before.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spend more time checking to see if anyone has come up with a way to let me access what is currently installed on my computer then I do actually in game atm.

Watching Bioware tell me what my computer can or can't handle is the new MMO endgame.

**** ill think ill put that in my sig.

I actually find it pretty hard to play and enjoy the game now. I know it's the same game I was playing before, this whole issue has just left such a bitter taste in my mouth. It was one thing to play and try to enjoy the game for what it was when I had hope that the texture issues was just a temporary bug. Now that I know it's "working as intended" and there won't be any sort of fix until March at the earliest, it's hard to cling to that naive hope I had before.

Sadly, that's the feeling I'm starting to have with this game. I've been enjoying the game itself, but my respect for the developer has been steadily eroding since release. This isn't the Bioware of old, this is some bloated new corporate entity that has been utterly perverted by its associations with EA.

It's sad to see studios like Bioware completely and utterly sell out thanks to simple greed. We saw it first with Dragon Age 2 and now we're seeing it with The Old Republic.

ZOMG ZOMG BUT THE VIDEOS!!! THE VIDEOS!!!!

i still remain in the same position, you guys are being EXTREMELY anal about something that at the end of the day , you wouldnt have cared about if the textures never existed you would still be playing this game, the only reason you guys are crying home about this is because somehow you take it personal that you cant run @ 2k resolution

Instead of you telling us how we feel why not ask us? Ill reply as if you asked..

I'm upset about this because I based my purchase of this game on what I saw in beta, and the advertised in-game shots. In fact, I even bought a new 6970 as an upgrade just for this game alone. In beta I saw a beautiful game. If you never saw it in hires, then of course you wouldn't care. But I did, and it was gorgeous.

Anyway, I signed up and started playing. I noticed something was different, so for weeks I tried different drivers, lots of system maintenance. Something to fix this problem. I thought, like most of probably did, that this was a problem on our end.

Then we find out that it isn't our systems, it was a choice taken away from us by bioware.

Ive already canceled my families two accounts. Someone else mentioned they cant login and have fun anymore, knowing what Bio ware did to us. I wish I could, the game was fun, but not for me, not now. I'm in the same boat. I really want to enjoy the game but this has ruined it for me.

So canceling my subs was really two-fold. Reason #1 is that not fun to me anymore, because whenever I log in I'm reminded of what they did, and have no apology or resolution. Reason #2 is that I cant support this kind of company and the decisions they've made because I'm 100% confidant that they'll make more choices like this in the future. Things that will impact my capacity to have fun and enjoy what I payed for.

If we got an official apology and a guaranteed fix then I might consider returning, but to be honest Ive already been burnt and have moved on. Enjoying my hires Rift play.

Thy have never apologized or even implied an apology, and they have been so vague that there is no guarantee this will be rectified in the future. Quote "With that said, thank you for all of your responses. We understand everyone's desires around this issue"

This should read "We deeply regret our decision and what its lead to. We are working on a solution to the problem and you'll have a fix in ~7 days."

Edited by Redorbz

I've been googling and I still can't find anything...

Is there an official reason as to why High Res Textures aren't in the game yet?

Yes, quoted in the OP of this thread and posted a couple of days ago .. you don't need Google to find it, the DEV TRACKER on here shows it clearly enough for a child to see.

Instead of you telling us how we feel why not ask us? Ill reply as if you asked..

Im upset about this because I based my purchase of this game on what I saw in beta, and the advertised in-game shots. In fact, I even bought a new 6970 as an upgrade just for this game alone. In beta I saw a beautiful game. If you never saw it in hires, then of course you wouldnt care. But I did, and it was gorgeous.

Anyway, I signed up and started playing. I noticed something was different, so for weeks I tried different dirvers, lots of system maintenance. Something to fix this problem. I thought, like most of probably did, that this was a porblem on our end.

Then we find out that it isnt our systems, it was a choice taken away from us by bioware.

Ive already cancelled my famalies two accounts. Someone else mentioned they cant login and have fun anymore, knowing what Bioware did to us. I wish I could, the game was fun, but not for me, not now. Im in the same boat. I really want to enjoy the game but this has ruined it for me.

So cancelling my subs was really two-fold. Reason #1 is that not fun to me anymore, because whenever I log in Im reminded of what they did, and have no apology or resolution. Reason #2 is that I cant support this kind of company and the decisions they've made becaue Im 100% confidant that theyll make more choices like this in the future. Things that will impact my capacity to have fun and enjoy what I payed for.

If we got an official apology and a guaranteed fix then I might consider returning, but to be honest Ive already been burnt and have moved on. Enjoying my hires Rift play.

Theyve never apologized or even implied an apology, and they have been so vague that there is no guarantee this will be rectified in the future. Quote "With that said, thank you for all of your responses. We understand everyone's desires around this issue"

This should read "We deeply regret our decision and what its lead to. Weve heard you loud and clear and are working on a solution to the problem and youll have a fix in ~7 days."

I'm not sure why you're still here, then. why don't you go post on RIFT's forums, then?

My opinion is...its their game, not mine. I pay to play, and if it doesn't satisfy me...I won't pay. They have no obligation to me or anyone else. Have they heard the community? Yes, and they're working on it.

You've let your voice be heard. If you want to unsub...unsub for gods sake already...but stop whining.

I'm not sure why you're still here, then. why don't you go post on RIFT's forums, then?

My opinion is...its their game, not mine. I pay to play, and if it doesn't satisfy me...I won't pay. They have no obligation to me or anyone else. Have they heard the community? Yes, and they're working on it.

You've let your voice be heard. If you want to unsub...unsub for gods sake already...but stop whining.

Im still here whining because I came to the forum, hoping to see some new official statement from Mr.Reid, and got sucked into reading this thread, again.

My main reason for this recent post was to explain to you, why we feel the way we do, as opposed to you telling us how we feel. You seemed to be under the impression your an empath and can tell us all how we feel and why. I simply replied to set the record straight. The rest was more rant than anything, but I felt the desire to express it for you, and others who are wondering why we feel its such a big deal.

Thats all. Enjoy your game though. Dont let me ruin it for you.

If your happy with the way it is, then Im happy for you :)

I'd agree if all I had was a sub price, but I bought myself, my son, 3 of my nephews and 1 niece this game. That's a pretty hefty box price expenditure. I made the purchase based on deceptive advertising practices, and the assurance that the absence of high res textures being a 'bug.' (see Stephen Reid's December post on this issue)

Anyway, this will be our last month of subscription unless I see a much more concrete assurance that this issue is being remedied.

Sadly, that's the feeling I'm starting to have with this game. I've been enjoying the game itself, but my respect for the developer has been steadily eroding since release. This isn't the Bioware of old, this is some bloated new corporate entity that has been utterly perverted by its associations with EA.

It's sad to see studios like Bioware completely and utterly sell out thanks to simple greed. We saw it first with Dragon Age 2 and now we're seeing it with The Old Republic.

i agree dude, tbh it started with mass effect 2, dumbed down short **** compared to to mass effect 1/ DA2 was the sample of things to come.

I was playing warhammer when bioware became involved, they didnt exactly do much

I'd agree if all I had was a sub price, but I bought myself, my son, 3 of my nephews and 1 niece this game. That's a pretty hefty box price expenditure. I made the purchase based on deceptive advertising practices, and the assurance that the absence of high res textures being a 'bug.' (see Stephen Reid's December post on this issue)

Anyway, this will be our last month of subscription unless I see a much more concrete assurance that this issue is being remedied.

the real question is though, other than you does your son, the 3 nephews and 1 neice like playing the game? if so isn't that important thing bringing joy to the life of your family?

The texture issue may be an issue for you but doesn't mean you wasted the money on the others you bought it for if they are ahving fun.

We pay for a service, so they do have an obligation to us. Its a legal obligation to provide the service they are selling. What they sold me is not was I was deliberately mislead to believe.

Similarly, when you pay someone to wash your car. They are obligated to do the job you paid for? If they dont, I get a refund or I have the choice to take them to small claims court.

If I was blind, I most likely wouldn't play an MMO. In fact I can only play this game using two senses, my vision and my sense of touch (for using a keyboard and mouse). One of those was deceived via marketing and/or poor leadership. Either way the situation was handled poorly and still no resolution.

I can see it coming...

Dear SWTOR community,

Like you all know high quality shadows had a bug, so we removed the option from the game, now you only have shadows ON and OFF (ON is the current low). High quality shadows were never intended to be in the game and it was a interface bug, we only have them on cinematics because of performance issiues that occured when they were enabled outside it.

Thanks for your money and keep playing! (We really don't care if you play, as long as you pay).

I can see it coming...

Dear SWTOR community,

Like you all know high quality shadows had a bug, so we removed the option from the game, now you only have shadows ON and OFF (ON is the current low). High quality shadows were never intended to be in the game and it was a interface bug, we only have them on cinematics because of performance issiues that occured when they were enabled outside it.

Thanks for your money and keep playing! (We really don't care if you play, as long as you pay).

ooo another prophet! may i ask about my future?

The more I used to defend the graphics the more I feel stupid. This game looks like a PS2 game with this texture absent.

I especially feel stupid because of all of the patches we've since had to wait for, all of which avoided performance/graphics issues.

the real question is though, other than you does your son, the 3 nephews and 1 neice like playing the game? if so isn't that important thing bringing joy to the life of your family?

The texture issue may be an issue for you but doesn't mean you wasted the money on the others you bought it for if they are ahving fun.

A valid point - and yes, we do have fun. I won't, however, be a sheep for any company that treats me dishonestly, and I would consider it a good lesson for my younger family members. They'll go where I do, and there are other options out there for us to play together.

I think the problem a lot of people are having, who have family accounts is... How can he morally justify this? Whats more important doing the right thing or letting them continue to play a game run by crooks (or at the least really poor leadership who will continue to ruin it for them)? better to quit now than in 6 mos when he has a guild and a lot of time invested in the game maybe?

In the end, he has a choice to still have fun, and avoid the crooks by simply moving to another game. So why not? Sure Swtor is fun, but its not the only fun game by far. There are thousands of games and hundreds of MMOs. Maybe only a few dozen are worthy of competing with swtor, but that still leaves plenty.

There are tons of fun games available. Thats the great thing about market competition for us consumers, we can choose another serivce :)