Armour for my MX droid

Tombius

Unfortunatley I didnt take armourtech so I cant create any. Is there anywhere to get upgrades for him? Ive checked the vendors but even the player ones dont seem to have anything I can use for him

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Get him some moddable stuff and fill it with Correllian commendation mods.

You can also get him 2 cores, parts and a Generator from the various vendors on Corellia.

For weapons do the soloable Heroic 4 on Belsavis 5 days on a row for free weapons for all your companions.

Then once you;re done modding your own gear with epic daily mods and youve bought your rakata earpiece/implants you can spend your spares upgrading your companion slots.

Ps even after this he will still suck at tanking :p

What others already said, plus go over the GTN plenty of cheap gear there.

and yeah 4X and Tanno vik both suck at tanking, they might hold the aggro eventually but die waaaay too fast. You are far better using Elara to heal you while you "tank".

I've been able to put moddable gear in every slot he has except implant and earpiece. That helps a lot as a non-cybertech.

The GTN on Keller's Void is pretty thin for droid parts, not sure how yours is, but either use the commendation vendors, quest rewards, and checking the GTN often.... or make a cybertech friend. :)

• 3 years later...
I've been able to put moddable gear in every slot he has except implant and earpiece. That helps a lot as a non-cybertech

Do you have a list of the names of the moddable parts, perchance? I can only find fixed-rate gear. (PS, if you want to upgrade earpieces and implants, add augments.)

TIA.

Do you have a list of the names of the moddable parts, perchance? I can only find fixed-rate gear. (PS, if you want to upgrade earpieces and implants, add augments.)

TIA.

Between all the planetary equipment vendors on fleet (the "supplies section") you can get a full set of orange grade droid parts (motors, cores, parts and a sensor). Just check all the higher level vendors, I think sensor is the highest level one (level 48? Voss vendor). The rest are a little bit lower level, parts I think is the lowest level at level 38 from the Quesh vendor. So the only thing you may have to do is get new mods and such for them.

Edited by Ridickilis

I'd just like to point out that Cybertechs can make moddable droid motors, cores and parts, all relatively low-level (24-30, I believe) and all learned from the trainer (so no worry about rare schematics). *However*, the moddable droid armor that Cybertechs can make is green, *not* the purple or orange we are used to with moddable items.

Just saying something about it because green moddable gear is quite rare, so you might see one of these pieces for cheap but not even consider buying it because you didn't realize it's moddable, and/or you might have a Cybertech friend who could make them for you but they themselves didn't realize they had a moddable piece to offer!

Edited by Timorelle

I really can't add to what has already been said. I got my gear from planetary comm vendors at fleet. You just got to get into the habit of upgrading the mods as time goes on.

But to be honest, I have only used my healer companion with my Gunnery commando. She does just enough healing to keep me from having to do it which keeps my downtime between fights to nothing. But if you are leveling a healer commando I understand the choice.

To be honest, I truly hate leveling a healer in PVE. Just takes too long to kill mobs relying on a companion. Their damage and CC is not even on the same level as your own doing DPS. There is also more pressure to keep you and at least one companion fully geared. As the damage dealer yourself, you can get a little lax on gearing a companion.

But just in case you weren't aware, there are two weeklies on Yavin 4 that give you companion gear. One gives you the main hand (192), the other gives you a full set of non-modifiable level 192 gear. The weapon you get for defeating Revan. The gear you get for completing 8 dailies a week.

Holy Necro Batman!

Anymore, just do the weeklys on Yavin 4. The Revan event gets you a level 192 weapon for a companion, and the weekly to complete all the daily quests gets you a full set of 192 gear for a companion.

If you aren't level 60 yet I would hunt for orange droid parts from the comm vendors or GTN. Though I can't think of why anyone except for maybe a heal spec mando would want to use MX for leveling (I used Mako almost exclusively on my dps Merc and am mostly using Elara on my tank spec Vanguard). I could only really see healers or Ops/Scoundrels (who have positional attacks) using a tank companion.

Edited by mrvwbug