The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Shadow Bursting Guide

Powerr

Tried Kinetic today for the first time and loved the survivability, but I couldn't seem to really hurt anybody at all. Ended up trying Balance for the heck of it and will never spec that again. But Infiltration is just the most fun to me. The burst from it is just so great that I can't really see myself playing a different spec. Especially because clairvoyant strike si my favorite move in the game.

The burst is useless in competitive PvP.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no such thing as competitive PvP at this point. Unless you're going against the same premades and the additional 4 members on both teams remain relatively constant in skill level and gear every time. And I would still disagree if such a thing even existed.

Edited by Alwaysx

without competitiveness this game will die. I hope to god it would. What world are we living in? Is this Hello Kitty Island Adventure or is this Star Wars.. It's meant for battle against the two sides. It's destined for rated play.

there is no competitive PvP in the game :(

if this will not change ASAP there will be no PvP at all:

- WZ queue on my server (republic side where imps have 4x numbers) are longer and longer

- each WZ several people leaves after first sign of lost game

- out of 5 WZ 3 times I am entering in the middle of the lost battle where people are mass quitting

- AFK people in every 2nd wz

- Ilum = base camping

- my guild has 150 people - have not seen more then 10 online for a week+

Either the change will come or people will go - easy as that :(

Back to the original topic - in current terrible environment burst rulez.

Edited by Ryouzanpaku

Been going back and forth(I really hate skill respec costs :D) with kinetic and infiltration over this last weekend. Over 25 valor ranks trying stuff out and I must admit that clairvoyant strike just beats double strike so bad that rest doesn't matter. Burst is good as "full"(1/30/0) infiltration lvl41. Harnessed shadows, slow time and force pull are great tools but thats just it, just tools.

Not sure if out-of-stealth spinning kick will change this because that's just so many tools. :)

EDIT: Went and tried kinetic once more. Never back to infiltration, never!

Edited by shagatha

If Kinetics put up better DPS it is only because they have more uptime.

I think all would agree infiltration is better DPS with the same uptime.

I think all the crazy good numbers (videos) from infiltration spec are a result have having a healer who knows and concentrates on the infiltration shadow. Or just be a good healer and the shadow stays in his LOS.

Edited by richardya

If Kinetics put up better DPS it is only because they have more uptime.

I think all would agree infiltration is better DPS with the same uptime.

I think all the crazy good numbers (videos) from infiltration spec are a result have having a healer who knows and concentrates on the infiltration shadow. Or just be a good healer and the shadow stays in his LOS.

Infiltration for close up. Balance for ranged. I wish I could have both for being all around. :D

everyone needs to realize that you need to play whatever your team you are playing with needs. This is a team game, the game is balanced from team play. That being said, there is NO BEST SPEC, kinetic and burst spec are both amazing.

that being said, to re-instill CONFIDENCE in playing dps spec, which many have lost faith in.... I have been streaming exclusively almost 24/7.

Please come watch me and my guildies play we got a real sweet thing going. I interract to all chat questions and to my viewers, as well as let you hear our entire ventrilo channel.

Just be sure to follow me on there. The link is in my signature. my streaming schedule is also on my background of my stream off to the right

Can someone please expin to me how the pre-requirements make this surge useful? Don't get me wrong, the combition creates the most fatal DPS I've ever seen in the game but with many long cooldowns (1:30 for force potency and 2:00 for battle readiness and 3:00 for adrenals) I just don't see how this can become useful other than maybe a 20 second burst every 3 minutes, which when you think about it isn't all that much. Is there some sort of cooldown killer I'm missing?