Game leveling is too fast

Descento

Edit: Pretty sure this guy is trolling, because it's not possible anyway and his comment about doing EVERY bonus quest because he doesn't want to miss content...when most people would rather scratch their eyes out than do the Bonus:Kill 45 more X for no "content" reason.

A lot of people like to be complete. Just because you would "rather scratch your eyes out" than do them doesn't mean every one else is the same way.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it is fast for somebody who has no life, somebody who has nothing better to do that sit and play from wake up to sleep time. I have been playing since Beta and pre-release. My highest level character is level 34. No thanks, xp is too slow IMO.

Hahaha. Ok seriously? Your on an internet forum.... for a Star Wars MMO... trolling people. And you think you have the moral high ground to dictate whether people have a 'life'. Come on now! ;)

I think they messed up with the leveling curve too, because you have to skip stuff to keep from leveling over the content. First time I have ever thought a leveling curve wasn't steep enough in an mmo.

its called replay value... next time do those other quests you skipped now and if you dont play an alt well dont complain and do quests that are grey.... crying is all people know... i skipped tons of quests and i couldnt care less... class story matters rest is grind candy.

Think its just fine how it is, imo you're not meant to do everything with one character, with my character I do the story quests and a few side missions and the odd space battle, that keeps me right at the level i should be for each world.

Then when i roll another character i get a different story arc and i can do the side missions I didn't do on my other character, that way I'm not repeating the stuff i've done, it doesn't get boring and i don't out level anything, it really is that simple. I'm a slower leveler and don't get much time to play, as far as i see it things are just right as they are. We had lots of things to do and we get to pick and choose how we level up.

Remember when Biochemware lied about game length?

"Oh it should take about 200 hours to level 1-50"

Pathetic.

they said there is ROUGHLY 200 HOURS of class story but they also said different people will finish it differently fast.

ALSO they said not all class story must be finished to finish the game aka be 50

so quit lying.

XP is not the problem.

Mobs are too easy, they don't agro much, nothing special when it comes to attacks, 2-3 hits and they down. :(

And the mobs need to WALK more. I found so many that don't move at all, I can rest and pick my attacks, easy pulls etc. Way too easy, nothing to fear.

I sure feel old when playing, sometimes I ask myself "was this made for +3 years old Lego Star Wars fans?"...

I've been duoing on my sorcerer since level 12 with a friend. We actually have the problem of starting the planets too low of level. We clear all the quests, bonus, and most heroics on each planet, and we still start planets 2 levels before their recommended level. We started Corellia last night at level 45. She's a tank and I'm a healer so it's not too bad, but fighting level 50 elites at 45 gets a little rough occasionally.

Now on my Juggernaut who I am leveling solo.. I'm almost 44 and have done like 20% of the quests on Belsavis.

I'll most likely be 46 when I finish this planet up giving me a large lead on the next planet.

I got an idea:

I'm lvl 50 now, and I have all of the elite gear because I play way too much on this game and I think its way too easy.. so

my solution is too make the game harder, make leveling harder, make it so there is less gear.

/troll

The only fair way would be to: delete all characters a clean wipe of everything.. everything starts fresh..

If bioware took that stance.. These threads would cease to be here...and people would be complaining that they aren't lvl 50 yet.

I've been playing since day four of the EGA I have two chars one is 34 the other 27.

I played for liek 8 hours a day for a week.. and since work started I've slowed down a lot.

You guys play way too much.

I only ever get to see 75% of a planet and all my quests are 2-3 levels below me and i have to move on. Im missing out on 2-3 quest hubs as the quests are so low and easy and again forced to move onto the next planet.

I do 1 0r 2 Warzones a day and a few sapce missions.

Experience gain is way too high.

There is no way you did no PVP and skipped both Hoth, Belsavis and your are level 44 OP, you are trolling or not telling us everything about how you levelled.

The levelling process is fine i did nothing but PVE and saw both Hoth and Belsavis and the correct levels.

Edited by deags

I like the gameplay, it's very fun to level so i'm doing all the class quests, side quest and bonus quests on every planet.

The problem is that i'm already level 45 and I haven't even set foot on: Hoth, Belsavis, Voss, Corelia and Illum

By the time i get to a planet, i'm way past it's intended level. I feel like all the missions give too much XP and the leveling is too fast.

Then quit SWTOR and go play WoW, cuz that game has a lot of leveling challenges. Wait no it doesn't you can level cap to 85 in a week.

I just don't get why you are complaining here. No one forced you to do pvp, fp's or anything else in your march to 50.

I am enjoying the leveling process alot and I think it is set at a very fair pace. I started 3 days into pre order and I have 1 character that is almost 40. I don't play every day but when I do I put in a solid 3 - 4 hrs and in that time even with rested XP I maybe get a full level and maybe 1/3rd into the next one. I do alot of HC 4s and 2's if I can since I am tank spec and that help alot with bonus XP. But like other people have said, there are some people with 2 50's already. That never bothers me unless those people start whining that there is nothing to do in the game after power leveling and burning themselves out.

I also agree with what someone else said about having the option to do zones you missed on an alt. I skipped everything on Taris except my story and I will be going through all of it on an alt for sure now. That and I want to learn more about these Rak Ghoul things as well.

"You leveled faster than me, you:

Have too much time on your hands.

Have no job.

Have no kids.

Must not have slept.

Cheated somehow!"

No, I'm afraid that leveling is actually pretty easy and pretty quick provided you keep questing and don't randomly afk, knock out your basic dailies, play for stretches greater than an hour at a time, and log off in rest-zones.

While I understand MMO newcomers would be behind or with the generic leveling curve (ought to be around level 35-40 on most servers now), anyone with prior MMO experience should be 50 or staggeringly close by now.

I, personally, don't think anyone should've gotten remotely close to end-game within the first week or two, but this game's structure is surprisingly accommodating in that regard. I don't think that element will do this game any good in the long-run.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.