You can have my stuff ^.^

Drakos

No one will miss ya, and that goes to EACH and every one of you guys making the "game isn't done my way, I'm leaving" folks.

Stop posting these useless threads, you're a minority, get that.

Useally i would agree with you, as i think everyone is tired of "i quit" troll posts.

But in this case, he is not trolling, if anything he has remained quite civil, and seems to be taking a break with the intention of returning later, when the game will be more enjoyable for him. He also made some good points (in my opinion) in the original post.

Not trying to encourage trolling here, but if no one complains, nothing gets fixed. He gave some contructive feedback, there is nothing wrong with that. Trolling is a whole different matter.

This is coming from someone who is currently enjoying the game.

Edited by TheFugitive

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My response in red.

I'll try to address them:

They said they are working on it.

This was in response to my commentary on the UI and mods. I'm aware they're working on it - to give that quote context, someone asked me for my top 3 things that needed to be worked on. With that said, however, I feel like some of the UI issues we're having shouldn't exist. Scalable UI size, movable bars - these are things almost every MMO gets modded to do, you would think developers would suck it up and just code it in by now, but no, there's always this tooth-pulling fiasco surrounding it. Healing is a pain, and the lack of show-target-of-target is obnoxious. And these were vocally complained about during virtually every stage of beta.

Please give an example of what you would do to make people progress in end game that they arent already doing, that wont piss off the other97% of people who would probably disagree with you. As for levelling, if your that much farther than the planet quests skip them and save it for an alt, that way you dont come back here and complain that you have to watch the scenes again.

Now, obviously, if I ask them to remove the ability to get -all- end game gear via commendations (meaning some gear would be drop-only) people would complain, but I feel it's the best method of ensuring people are actually progressing through the content they're getting the gear for. This also provides the opportunity to implement items that have the same impact as Thunderfury had in WoW.

Regarding leveling, I shouldn't have to skip quests (Note, I'm not even going out of the way to do quests) to remain appropriately leveled. I'd just tune the experience gains down slightly and tweak other things to accommodate it. Or, at the very least, enable player with the ability to turn off the exp gains from Warzones and Space Combat. (Personally, I think allowing players to convert the EXP portion into some portion of credits instead could go a long way regarding a lot of things.)

They stated they are working on making the set bonus come off with the mods so we can use any armor we want.

That wasn't really my issue regarding weapons and armor. While I -do- have a problem with End-game Gear having set mods that are significantly better than available mods (which renders orange gear utterly useless), my biggest concern with weapons and armor lies in visual design. I am never going to be absolutely terrified of seeing someone wielding a blue or red glowbat because all glowbats look the same. Sort of the nature of the beast with this game. But I want them to somehow find a way to create weapons that look visually distinctive that will cause me to be absolutely terrified when I see them in PvP.

No one will miss ya, and that goes to EACH and every one of you guys making the "game isn't done my way, I'm leaving" folks.

The funny thing is that you really think we are the minority.

I understand completely how you feel but for tradeskills I'd like to explain a few

things regarding that and crafting.

Blue gear is purchased because it is sometimes better then what you get

for rewards or was unable to purchase the mods for.

Arifice makes some pretty awesome mods, at least for my Marauder, my hilts

are always up to date, as well as my enhancement and crystal slots.

However, I lack the ability to make mods and armoring, so I'd look up an

armortech friend to do that, or was it cybertech, I forgot what it was called.

I sold quite abit for enhancements and color crystals (Though it's only red/blue/yello/green) choices at the moment. The key to crafting I guess is

to constantly destroy the greens til you learn how to make it blue.

I'm here at lvl 39 with 170k, it's not much but despite repairs and learning

skills, I'm damned sure I'd hit pass 200k for my riding. So no, it really isn't

that bad a money sink when you hit higherlevels.

I've also successfully auctioned off quite a number of blues I found during questing.

I find myself unable to defend for anything else. I too am slowly loosing hope, but

I personally hope this little insight on crafting may help you see things a little differently.

I don't care what people say about Bio chem or back then Splicing and how great it is,

I love my arifice. As for shiny items? Lvl 50 magneta crystal! Yes I look forward to try and obtain that, sadly that is the only shiny.. Perhaps by the time I got that something new may come up.. I just wished they did not make me look like a Vadar clone.. Yes I hate

how marauders all look like Vadar Clones, I was hoping we'd be more like Maul because

He is more a marauder then an assassin could ever be. He uses the same saber forms

and he fights head to head. But I'm straying from the topic.. Good luck with whatever else if you stay or not! Know that you are not alone in this.

Hi Castiel. I could point out that, in this thread alone, more people have said they'll miss me than the opposite, but instead I will merely ask that you stop posting in said useless thread and contributing to the problem.

Oh hey its this thread.... AGAIN

It just won't die, will it?

I understand completely how you feel but for tradeskills I'd like to explain a few

things regarding that and crafting.

Blue gear is purchased because it is sometimes better then what you get

for rewards or was unable to purchase the mods for.

Arifice makes some pretty awesome mods, at least for my Marauder, my hilts

are always up to date, as well as my enhancement and crystal slots.

However, I lack the ability to make mods and armoring, so I'd look up an

armortech friend to do that, or was it cybertech, I forgot what it was called.

I sold quite abit for enhancements and color crystals (Though it's only red/blue/yello/green) choices at the moment. The key to crafting I guess is

to constantly destroy the greens til you learn how to make it blue.

I'm here at lvl 39 with 170k, it's not much but despite repairs and learning

skills, I'm damned sure I'd hit pass 200k for my riding. So no, it really isn't

that bad a money sink when you hit higherlevels.

I've also successfully auctioned off quite a number of blues I found during questing.

I find myself unable to defend for anything else. I too am slowly loosing hope, but

I personally hope this little insight on crafting may help you see things a little differently.

I don't care what people say about Bio chem or back then Splicing and how great it is,

I love my arifice. As for shiny items? Lvl 50 magneta crystal! Yes I look forward to try and obtain that, sadly that is the only shiny.. Perhaps by the time I got that something new may come up.. I just wished they did not make me look like a Vadar clone.. Yes I hate

how marauders all look like Vadar Clones, I was hoping we'd be more like Maul because

He is more a marauder then an assassin could ever be. He uses the same saber forms

and he fights head to head. But I'm straying from the topic.. Good luck with whatever else if you stay or not! Know that you are not alone in this.

Artifice mods require a lot to keep them relevant at your level compared to the mods you can either strip from buyable gear at your level or purchase via commendations. I only know this because my current guild has eight max rank Artificers. All of them were reporting a net loss of income and a few pointed out that they only made enough items to level. At 50 apart from your weapons, the raid gear all has locked mods and so you only really have a few items of worth that you can make.

The benefit is aesthetic, yes, -if- you get the pattern for the magenta crystal, which is the only one you can get that we know of, but what then?

Meanwhile, you have Biochem which makes re-usable Medpacks and the consumable buffs that never end. It's just... better.

And while you're at 170k at 39, I'm at 250k on my 33 sorceress because I picked up Treasure Hunting, Slicing, and Diplomacy (which was my money sink, because I was fueling someone elses Biochem character, ironically). It's just obvious that all crafting skills are money-sinks. But the only ones that seem to sell well are Cybertech.

Believe me, I understand the premise of crafting, how it works and what it's meant to do. I just know from personal experience as well as several similar accounts that right now most crafting professions literally exist for the amusement of the crafter rather than actually serving and positive role.

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply say you are sick of MMOs?

That is what is going on here...Why do people try to convince themselves it's the game's fault? Even going so far as to list standard mmo conventions as reasons why a game isn't good?

Oh well, people are strange. I saw the same thing with Cata. People have a hard time letting go I guess.

Edited by Gohlar

OP is almost 100% correct concerning crafting, gear, etc. I probably will join you after I do a story on the Empire side. I just finished Republic. Its sad really, but Mass Effect isnt good enough to play 2+ months. Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply say you are sick of MMOs?

That is what is going on here...Why do people try to convince themselves it's the game's fault? Even going so far as to list standard mmo conventions as reasons why a game isn't good?

Oh well, people are strange.

That may be the case, except I don't think I'm sick of MMOs. If Burning Crusade were still the active version of WoW, or even Wrath, I feel I'd be playing them without question.

I'm curious as to where I listed standard MMO conventions as a reason why TOR isn't good, so please enlighten me.

That may be the case, except I don't think I'm sick of MMOs. If Burning Crusade were still the active version of WoW, or even Wrath, I feel I'd be playing them without question.

I'm curious as to where I listed standard MMO conventions as a reason why TOR isn't good, so please enlighten me.

See you think that but that's nostalgia talking. In reality little has changed. You also mentioned many "faults" with SW that TBC had in abundance. :)

You talked about the world feeling dead. TBC had the worst world of all of WoW. Nobody likes leveling through that. It's just as, if not more, dead and flat than SW.

I could pick your post apart and site many examples but what's the point. You want to make others quit too, it's the whole silly "WHO'S COMING WITH ME?!" thing.

Edited by Gohlar

The funny thing is that you're both making assumptions without actual data and arguing about it.

I at least have history to back my statement, if you look at other mmos released that is in the same shape as this one. They don't keep the numbers, and the fact the patch tonight is adding content instead of fixing issues that players are having before the free month is up. Ya...

Sounds like you should take a peek around the forums and read that they are trying to address the issue.

Funny my fiance's low end and my high end rig both run this fine. You sure you got your things put in the right place?

Yeah, I'm sure. But going by what you've said it seems they don't.

See you think that but that's nostalgia talking. In reality little has changed. You also mentioned many "faults" with SW that TBC had in abundance. :)

So it's acceptable for a game that came out as-late-as-possible 2011 to have all the faults of an expansion to a game that came out 6 years ago?

There is so much that we were promised in this game that was either removed before release or never really implemented. I don't really want to write a big drawn out reply because it would basically just be exactly what the OP wrote but differently worded. This game has a titanic boatload of problems and I don't see myself sticking around after leveling a class on both sides. Really what would even be the point?

Wow, I'm glad you pointed this out.

I went back and reread the OP's original post, and nearly every point was an issue in TBC.

I'm not justifying SWTOR at all, but that's some heavy rose colored glasses you're wearing.

You talked about the world feeling dead. TBC had the worst world of all of WoW. Nobody likes leveling through that. It's just as, if not more, dead and flat than SW.

I had quite a few epic fights in Hellfire Peninsula and Nagrand, loved watching the space waterfalls at night and never had trouble finding people leveling during BC. While you have your opinion on TBC, I have my own experiences. There were more people, the zones were connected, the instances were in those same zones. So I didn't have to Hearth or Fly->run->fly back to Stormwind whenever I wanted to find a group to run Shadow Labyrinth. TOR, however, has this distinct problem in spades.

Perhaps you are missing the context of my specific post?

So it's acceptable for a game that came out as-late-as-possible 2011 to have all the faults of an expansion to a game that came out 6 years ago?

I put faults in quotation marks for a reason. Some people are just sick of mmos and they list how mmos work as reasons why a game isn't good.

It's silly.

Wow, I'm glad you pointed this out.

I went back and reread the OP's original post, and nearly every point was an issue in TBC.

I'm not justifying SWTOR at all, but that's some heavy rose colored glasses you're wearing.

Exactly.

Edited by Gohlar

I had quite a few epic fights in Hellfire Peninsula and Nagrand, loved watching the space waterfalls at night and never had trouble finding people leveling during BC. While you have your opinion on TBC, I have my own experiences. There were more people, the zones were connected, the instances were in those same zones. So I didn't have to Hearth or Fly->run->fly back to Stormwind whenever I wanted to find a group to run Shadow Labyrinth. TOR, however, has this distinct problem in spades.

Perhaps you are missing the context of my specific post?

You are missing the context of your own post. You keep listing things that were problems in TBC and pretending they weren't. I used to waste so much time trying to group for heroics as dps. TBC had very generic, standard questing but was somehow more "epic"? I don't think so.

Take off the rose colored glasses and join the rest of us in reality please. :)

You don't have to like SW. But be honest as to why.

Edited by Gohlar

Sorry to hear that. I think that many of those out there who don't want to continue with SWTOR play MMOS differently. You cant compare SWTOR to WOW, of many reasons.. One is because WOW was released 2005, thats like 6 years now.

Imagine SWTOR in 6 years, wow..

I agree that SWTOR must be improved on all points, from crafting to the Galactic Market..

But either you stay and watch its progress or you leave and return to the 6 year old WOW.

I will stay, I see the potential in SWTOR and if we're not here to support its progression we might never see a 6 years old SWTOR thats perfect :)

I could pick your post apart and site many examples but what's the point. You want to make others quit too, it's the whole silly "WHO'S COMING WITH ME?!" thing.

TBC is when WoW reached its pinnacle of popularity in the pre-China days. It absolutely set the standard for instanced group content and raiding, and the raiding was actually a challenge. And people loved the new zones. Plus, there was still an actual community in the game that made it feel alive.

TOR is dead. The worlds feel lifeless by design, but even worse, the zones ARE lifeless because no one talks. People actually get rebuked for chatting in TOR. 90% of the game's population is trying not to be bothered by other people because it will ruin their story. These are the people who wanted KOTOR 3, and are trying to impose their desire for single-player gaming onto an MMO community.

I'd rather have Barren's chat than silence and I hated Barrens Chat. But TOR has made me long for it-- for some sort of feeling that there are actually other people having fun being part of the community and not just soloing their way to end-game, pausing to group exactly as long as it takes to complete a heroic for gear and then un-grouping with scarcely a "thx for the help."

Like I said before, this community is spooky, like a forum filled with lurkers where only two or three people occasionally post "umm, anyone here?"

Edited by Mannic

You are missing the context of your own post. You keep listing things that were problems in TBC and pretending they weren't. I used to waste so much time trying to group for heroics as dps. TBC had very generic, standard questing but was somehow more "epic"? I don't think so.

TBC in my opinion was some parts epic, some parts not so much. Nagrand is the best zone I have ever experienced in a MMO.

TBC is when WoW reached its pinnacle of popularity in the pre-China days. It absolutely set the standard for instanced group content and raiding, and the raiding was actually a challenge. And people loved the new zones. Plus, there was still an actual community in the game that made it feel alive.

TOR is dead.

See suggesting that TOR feels dead and WoW didn't automatically discredits you.

People have a hard time letting go. If you want to go back to WoW go nuts but stop lying to yourself lol.

Edited by Gohlar

I at least have history to back my statement, if you look at other mmos released that is in the same shape as this one. They don't keep the numbers, and the fact the patch tonight is adding content instead of fixing issues that players are having before the free month is up. Ya...

WoW was released in worse shape than this one, which I find ironic considering that's the game you compare this to in all the other posts you say the exact same nonsense in.

And before you go "nuh-uh!", read the patch notes on bug fixes/feature additions for two years after release so you can remember how truly trashy vanilla was:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Patch_1.1.0

I think you are the one engaged in some self-deception. TBC turned WoW into a juggernaut. Before TBC WoW was merely huge. After TBC it was the world's largest MMO by far. People loved it. You didn't. You were in the tiny minority.

See suggesting that TOR feels dead and WoW didn't automatically discredits you.

It's like saying: I loved Street Fighter but the combat in SF4 feels dead. Yeah.

People have a hard time letting go. If you want to go back to WoW go nuts but stop lying to yourself lol.

WoW didn't feel dead to me. But I guess your theory will be put to the test since after a break of over a year I've once again resubbed, the disappointment that is TOR ignited a spark of curiosity so I decided to find out if there really is any point in playing a WoW styled theme park when the "original" is still going so strong. :eek: