I think I'm done. PvP frustration.

Hewch

Maybe Its just me, but the Ability Delay in this game is Absolutely slaughtering me(at least I hope its the game and i haven't suffered brain dmg at some point and no ones told me). I'm just being kited to death and i feel powerless to close the gap. By the time i get in range of Smash(rage build so this IS my Spike dmg), it takes several seconds to activate and the target is already long gone/I'm CCed. And That's all I'm trying to do. As soon as I land, I use My snare, and try and smash and am having such Abysmal luck at it. Is this just me? I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. Ive been told its the Defecting animation that is causing this. I don't know.

Another thing is the talent tree/ability list feels like lies. Maybe just bugs I don't know:

Force Alacrity: Reduces the cooldown on "ALL" force abilities by 3 seconds (at rank 2) while in Shii-cho Form. However, "FORCE" charge"- remains at a constant 15 Seconds. :( keep in mind this is our only gap closer (with a respectable range) bar obliterate (limited to 10m) so reducing its cool-down is invaluable. And with CC being as long as it is. 10m is a very easy gap to create. (I'm not upset about CC timers. In fact I like the control it gives in the hands of skilled players)

Force Crush: Progressively SLOWS the target from 60% to 10% movement speed over 5 seconds and deals (x) kinetic damage each second. At the end of the duration, the target is crushed and takes an additional (y) kinetic damage. I haven't seen this snare a GD thing.

Savage kick: Does not Work. :mad:

Pommel Strike: Does not Work. :mad::mad:

I'd love to see this game reach E-sports potential. But I don't see how that's possible with pvp this clunky, since pvp at that lvl requires split second discussions, Action/reaction. Not 5 globals to activate 1 ability, and Derping your way across your keyboard. That's like trying to watch my girlfriend try to play this god love'er.

I LOVE, LOVE this game, I LOVE the star wars universe, but I love PvP more. I don't want to stop playing for another MMO that feels better but gosh darn it, this just feels... Frustratingly slow and just... Errrrr the words arent coming to me.

Any other thoughts?

(Leaving out the pvp gear system on this one... can't count the number of times Ive given my monitor the finger...)

PS- I'm lvl 50 and rank 38. Thanks everyone for letting me vent. This is a great community atleast. :p

Edited by Hewch

i feel your pain

Ability delay is THE WORST thing in this game atm,making it one of the mmos with the crapiest response times ever.Tehres a thread that got to 1000 replys...4 times...about it and aparently BW allready found a fix,is testing it atm and w1ill deploy it in a future(soon?!) patch.So we jsut have to pray...

Combat responsiveness is KEY for an mmo success...and so far every mmo xcept WoW failed at it...hence WoW still being N1

they allready said w1ere geting buffs next patch..aparently force push w1ill reset the cd on force charge.This was intended to fix our hard time to stay close to a target...say w1hat?!?!?!?!so w1e have to push them away to charge them again and MAYBE..jsut maybe..not having the charge bug?..doesnt fix mobility at all.

though...IF the delay egts fixed...we will at least have a chance to outplay people..

Try a tunnelling service - it may help. I have no issues with smash at all or kiting to an unplayable extent. Also you have enrage, sabre throw and Force Choke as rage builders.

Also play smart, if you can't close the gap realistically? Use the terrain around you to buy time for Leap to come off cool down.

Try a tunnelling service - it may help. I have no issues with smash at all or kiting to an unplayable extent. Also you have enrage, sabre throw and Force Choke as rage builders.

Also play smart, if you can't close the gap realistically? Use the terrain around you to buy time for Leap to come off cool down.

ok im gona try again..because we allways seem to get dumb people trying to look smart and failing at it.

BIOWARE AKNOWLEDGE this problem(ability delay)..fairly recently actualy,so you can track it on the Dev's forum.

its not lag

its not on Client side

ITS ABILITY DELAY

got it?

ok im gona try again..because we allways seem to get dumb people trying to look smart and failing at it.

BIOWARE AKNOWLEDGE this problem(ability delay)..fairly recently actualy,so you can track it on the Dev's forum.

its not lag

its not on Client side

ITS ABILITY DELAY

got it?

LoL the advice is free and you have the option to take it or not. As for the name calling, well it's the Internet and rampant so if it makes you feel any better or brightens your day then go for it lol. If anything I feel sorry for you to have to resort to outlets like these ;)

And here's another piece of advice. Stamping your foot like a child isn't going to get you and the issue noticed...it'll likely have people NOT take you seriously which is obviously counter productive to whatever you are trying to achieve.

If the numerous and multiple threads on it has already allegedly gotten Bioware's attention that they are testing a fix...then don't you think that you bringing this up here is pretty pointless and perhaps a cry for attention of 'Look did you know and yes I understand the problem but somehow mighty Bioware does not duuuur'?

Tsk tsk...here's a cookie and a hug lol. Hope you feel better from all that tiresome foot stomping ;)

Ability delay and similar bugs are frustrating indeed.

Savage kick/pommel strike aren't intended to work in PvE. Pommel strike would be crazy awesome if it did work in pvp.

Force crush slow works.

I'd love to see this game reach E-sports potential. But I don't see how that's possible with pvp this clunky, since pvp at that lvl requires split second discussions, Action/reaction. Not 5 globals to activate 1 ability, and Derping your way across your keyboard. That's like trying to watch my girlfriend try to play this god love'er.

I LOVE, LOVE this game, I LOVE the star wars universe, but I love PvP more. I don't want to stop playing for another MMO that feels better but gosh darn it, this just feels... Frustratingly slow and just... Errrrr the words arent coming to me.

Yes.

Juggernaut is tough I do agree. Considering it is a tank class I was hoping for a little more ability to stay up. Also think like most everything in the game it is bugged to ****. So until all these little issues get addressed it is hard to say what to do.

-Tordo

Btw guys the game has been released for what a month?

I was in wow beta and does no one remember the launch issues that WoW had? Frequent ctd's, 2 hour queues to get back in, zero pvp content, complete server crashes, ridiculous loot bugs where you got stuck in the loot animation for 5-10 mins, etc??

Blizzard had 8 years to fix things to its current state and it's STILL not perfect. Polished yes, perfect no.

So your expectations of a month old game is unrealistic. Rome wasn't built in a day kids.

Thank you for the Input Everyone, I don't want to Start a flame war. Just needed to Burn off some frustrations Ive been having with the class and core mechanics. I relieved to know the issues being looked into I havent had much time for forum searching lately. I was just hoping to feel like Darth Vader in Pvp but rather feeling as cumbersome as 3P0.

I keep seeing people yell about ability delay, and I have to ask...what are ya'll talking about? I played WoW for several years, as well, and this game feels almost as smooth and responsive as it does. It's slightly more clunky, but I chalk that up to it only being 2 weeks old, and it's certainly not anywhere near what folks are saying, or even really a problem at all. At least for me.

Does it have something to do with the queuing skills timer thing in the settings? I forget the name, exactly, but it lets you set how far ahead you want to queue your skills (I think). I set it to 0 seconds, in any case, so no queuing at all (again...I think). I'd never seen an option like that in any game before, so pardon the vagueness.

Btw guys the game has been released for what a month?

I was in wow beta and does no one remember the launch issues that WoW had? Frequent ctd's, 2 hour queues to get back in, zero pvp content, complete server crashes, ridiculous loot bugs where you got stuck in the loot animation for 5-10 mins, etc??

Blizzard had 8 years to fix things to its current state and it's STILL not perfect. Polished yes, perfect no.

So your expectations of a month old game is unrealistic. Rome wasn't built in a day kids.

Make a software firm, deliver comercial software in this state (well microsoft is kind of the exception to the rule) and tell me how long it took the ship to sink.

You know, at some point those guys realised we want to play theire games and they can get away with late alpha early beta state releases BUT what the ***** is going on in the minds of people actually defending them for doing so? I mean seriously, you like getting screwed over? Because someone else did it it's ok, really?

You know i really like this game, it has a lot of potential but i am kind of working in the software buisness too and that's just not the way you should ever treat paying customers, it's just not ok.

State of the game, customer support, information policy, lets just say there is a lot of room for improvement.

Make a software firm, deliver comercial software in this state (well microsoft is kind of the exception to the rule) and tell me how long it took the ship to sink.

You know, at some point those guys realised we want to play theire games and they can get away with late alpha early beta state releases BUT what the ***** is going on in the minds of people actually defending them for doing so? I mean seriously, you like getting screwed over? Because someone else did it it's ok, really?

You know i really like this game, it has a lot of potential but i am kind of working in the software buisness too and that's just not the way you should ever treat paying customers, it's just not ok.

State of the game, customer support, information policy, lets just say there is a lot of room for improvement.

Preaching to the choir bud and I will agree to some points you have made...but I'm an old fart with long a long memory and have been gaming since UO. This just simply comes with the territory and frankly is one of the best launches I have seen.

Now if you did feel that strongly - then the simple solution here would be to quit. Save yourself a little angst bud. WoW's a calling ;)

When it comes to PvP, I try not to do it solo...

Whenever I am in PvP I am playing with at least an assasin, and good friend of mine.

A Jugger solo in PvP may be totally useless if you team can't understand what you can do for them.

With a friend however, Taunting, Guarding, Slowing and even Intercede makes actually way more sense than pure bashing the enemy.

So far I gotta be honest I try to keep my PvP to huttball, as we have got some nice group moves laid out, I don't really picture me in Alderaan Warzone, seeing as my main attacks do as much damage as my operative does already at 30.

Derping your way across your keyboard

This however has been an issue for "warrior types" not only in swtor, and there is a clear guideline how this should be:

If I am supposed to use almost every skill in my repertoire (wich is fine for me, it's actually why I picked the class), at least reward me for doing it.

Currently it feels like:

Be the keyboard DJ, still get owned by 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2 classes.

i'm finding pvp frustrating also as vengeance jugg. i'm the first to die (topping the charts) and don't seem to be able to hit stuff so they die. might be huge l2p issue (my vote) or just the numbness of the gameplay (also voting for this) so i don't get good feel of the flow of the play.

i've got 1 move for 1 warzone that makes me smile when i get to use it. force charge with huttball. damn i love leaping past the fires to score or charging up from the lower level and score.

(also i love force choking enemy huttball carrier in the fires.)

without the story i'd be back to wow tbh.