Do you really need a god-like computer?

traftonten

Are people on the forums just performance junkies who constantly complain if-heaven forbid- the fps drops occasionally? Or the fan gets too loud? Most games do that time to time. I have yet to install it so idk as of yet, but the system requirements seam to speak for themselves, pretty basic stuff. Or are the posted specs really that far off the mark?

Are people on the forums just performance junkies who constantly complain if-heaven forbid- the fps drops occasionally? Or the fan gets too loud? Most games do that time to time. I have yet to install it so idk as of yet, but the system requirements seam to speak for themselves, pretty basic stuff. Or are the posted specs really that far off the mark?

A lot of very smart people with systems that far exceed even the recommended requirements are still having issues. It's a new game. The kinks have yet to be worked out. I hope your gameplay proves excellent ;-)

I run a AMD 770 mobo with 4gig ram, a cheap samsung HD from an E Machine, 460 GTX 1gig vid card, all settings on high except Shadows is off and have found the game to run very smooth with no fuss. I don't believe our computers need to be god-like, just tweak with the settings and you will find a happy place :)

No lag whatsoever: Phenom 2 X6@4.1GHz, 16GB DDR3, ATI Radeon HD6970, Corsair F120, 2TB 7200rpm, Win 7 Ult x64

Some lag, but nothing major: Asus X72JR, I5-520m, 8GB, ATI MR HD5470 1024mb, Intel SSD, 500GB 7200rpm, Win 7 Ultimate x64

LAG: Compaq Presario V5102EU, AMD Turion 64 2.2GHz, 2048MB, WDC 120GB

EPIC Lag: Toughbook CF-29 MK5 1.6GHz Pentium-M, 1.5GB DDR2, Corsair SSD

Currently installing: HP Elitebook 6930p, Intel C2D P8600, 3GB DDR2, 160GB 7200rpm, GMA 4500MHD

Edited by ShatteredDestiny

Zulu, would you mind posting your specs, for comparative purposes? I don't have a high end machine at all and while the game runs, naturally I'm always lookin to pick up my 20fps.

Sure

AMD Athlon 4000+ X2

2 Gig RAM

Nvidia 9500GT

Seagate Barracuda 160 GB - 100 MBps - 7200 rpm

turned everything to low, and run gamebooster with it (Which a lot of purists scoff at, but I don't care enough to write code to turn off processors and clean ram and what have you, and it works well with it) and I can get a good five hours of play before it starts getting choppy.

I get between 1-3 FPS and I have no idea why, I plan on buying a new graphics card tomorrow and some more RAM, unless someone can suggest potential solutions?

Here are my specs;

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 1792MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8200

I get between 1-3 FPS and I have no idea why, I plan on buying a new graphics card tomorrow and some more RAM, unless someone can suggest potential solutions?

Here are my specs;

If you're running Windows 7 it's most likely the 2GB of RAM. I'd boost that to at least 4GB and see how that goes before upgrading your Video Card. Also... make sure your video card drivers are current.

Here are my specs;

your problem will most probably your RAM as windows 7 takes up almost 2gb

personally I think you're correct

I have one guild member who plays this game "although not very well in the imperial fleet" but cna do just about everything else just has slow loading times

He's using a radeon x1650 and is able to play this game (this isn't even an pci-e card.. its agp they don't even make them anymore )

I have a mediocre computer decent video card nvidia 560ti 448 core, I got for 200 bucks off of newegg and run the game great. I get anywhere in the neighborhood of 60fps or more sure it slows down in the fleet but this is no different then wow in dalaran which for me was FAR laggier then our space ports.

Here are my specs;

you may have a ram issue, I notice for whatever reason on my performance monitor on my keyboard swtor with windows 7 64 bit running eats roughly 4 gigs of ram.. it just stays at the halfway point from the minute I load the game.

I think 2 gigs is a little low, even if they say it meets requirements.

http://vitamincm.com/prevent-windows-7-using-memory-ram/

windows 7 tweaking tips above, I may try these for myself to see if it makes any different in the amount of ram the game eats.

Edited by Shammus

I somewhat surprisingly played quite well with the following system (which is getting a direly needed upgrade in a couple weeks after I roasted the video card):

P4 2.8GHz Prescott

2 GB RAM

HD 3650 AGP video with 1GB RAM

Win XP Professional

The game wasn't terribly pretty with everything on low, but wasn't completely ugly and not terribly great FPS (15-20) but quite playable.

My currently planned upgrade is the following (and well within my budget for upgrading):

AMD Athlon II 3.1 GHz (Quad-Core) AM3 CPU

8GB RAM

GTX 550 Ti PCI-E video with 1GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium

Rather curious how this will perform.

Running a LAPTOP with the following.

Core i7

8gb ram

3gb video

Everything on max.

Crotch does get kinda warm though........

People can sometimes put too much emphasis on graphics.

The all important thing is keeping fps above 30. If your machine can do this, then the game will be fine for you.

curious if this will run thank you in advance

System Specification

- Case: Antec 300 - Black

- Power Supply: OCZ ZS 550w PSU

- CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 3.10GHz Clarkdale

- Motherboard: Intel H61 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

- Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

- RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

- Hard Drive: 500GB HDD

- Graphics Card: OcUK GeForce GTX 550Ti 1024MB

- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)

- Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

the answer to the OP is yes and no.

Yes you need a powerful machine and no you dont. It all depends how the game "sits" on your rig. Some people with mediocre machines do play the game at max settings with no FPS drop and some with highend machines home problems at various places.

So its a hit and miss thing, u either get it right or not.

Edited by bliapis