Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

This que is horrible

Babyduck

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally Agree. Selling it now and saying play now...thats just plain bs.

Concerning the waves: I mean i can understand the waves if you think about 1000 players at once in one starting zone.That would suck but still, i just dont understand why the rolling doesnt keep on going and not stop after just 4 waves a day...

Esp since at the current speed I dont think they will be able to make it so anyone who ordered after the beta weekend will be able to access the early play.

And again... on the 20th the servers will get hit super hard.. or even christmas day for those kids who will open it up.... and how are they going to handle that rush? they going to say wait we cant handle this.. to much sorry but you cant play come back later?

Again dont care if I dont get to play till the 19th. But sorta worried now that even the 19th will be possible. Some sort of comment from BW saying yes everyone who preorded will be playing by... x day. But still selling this product with PLAY TODAY!!!!! in all caps screams they let the sales and marketing dolts run this launch which like everything sales and marking leads..... it flopped....

what down time?

Add up all the hours those not in have been waiting.

News for you, THATS A QUEUE. It may not be sitting on the logon screen, but its a queue nonetheless.

Most I've ever seen on any other MMO was 4hours, and that dropped quick as they sorted it out.

So far BW has a 48hour queue....and growing. Hey, at least this game is breaking records.....

Since they insta-locked my thread :

"Yes, the fourth wave was the final wave for the day. New invites will start at 8am CST tomorrow"

Why would we learn, why would we improve ? We are EAs slaves ....

So another 20h gap and 15 CET for the euros ...

Since they insta-locked my thread :

"Yes, the fourth wave was the final wave for the day. New invites will start at 8am CST tomorrow"

Why would we learn, why would we improve ? We are EAs slaves ....

So another 20h gap and 15 CET for the euros ...

Yeah it sucks, a bonus wave would be really cool of them...

Add up all the hours those not in have been waiting.

News for you, THATS A QUEUE. It may not be sitting on the logon screen, but its a queue nonetheless.

Most I've ever seen on any other MMO was 4hours, and that dropped quick as they sorted it out.

So far BW has a 48hour queue....and growing. Hey, at least this game is breaking records.....

not a queue.. and you know it no matter how you try to spin it..

you were NOT promised ANYTHING.. you were told by PREORDERING.. you MAY ( HAVE A CHANCE) to get up to 5 days early access.. which most people still will get.. as the ORIGINAL EA doesnt start till tomorrow! so do the math.. still 5 DAYS TO GO..

WE WERE TOLD FLAT OUT... THE EARLIER YOU PO.. THE BETTER CHANCE YOU HAVE TO GET IN FIRST..

whats hard to get about that?

I dont get u kiddies

This game that we all have been waiting for for over a year is almost here now and u c=guys cant stand u have to wait a few more days?

I mean i also want to play that game NOW but atleast i can show some restraint and not act like a kid on the night before his birthday

Letting everyone at the same time so that they could crash the servers, create long queues and flood the early zones while charging into your 30 days. Man why didn't BW do that? :rolleyes:

This could still happen on 20th. What they do now is useless and only creating anger against a company that once was the shiny one.

Some of you guys are such fools.. this plan of waves may suck but not only is it smart but its absolutely far. The earlier you preordered the earlier you should get in.. this will make for a smooth release so that everyone can enjoy the game and not spend the first 3-4 days dealing with server issues

As long as they don't push me towards the end of early access, I'm fine. I rather they send these people in waves, so I don't see 17,000 troopers pixel humping one NPC. Looking foward to getting ganked though, gonna have to hire Jedi Bodyguards or something. <:T

Some of you guys are such fools.. this plan of waves may suck but not only is it smart but its absolutely far. The earlier you preordered the earlier you should get in.. this will make for a smooth release so that everyone can enjoy the game and not spend the first 3-4 days dealing with server issues

3 mio people joining on 20th without preorder ?

wait ... what did you say ?

People would more like to have some server issues (which proove that in 2011 even a great gamecompany is unable to plan ressourfcces) is worse than waiting .. waiting ... waiting....

BW will need years to realize what damage they have done to their name in the past 3 days.

3 mio people joining on 20th without preorder ?

wait ... what did you say ?

People would more like to have some server issues (which proove that in 2011 even a great gamecompany is unable to plan ressourfcces) is worse than waiting .. waiting ... waiting....

BW will need years to realize what damage they have done to their name in the past 3 days.

years? The only thing years has to do with this is the years I'm gonna get my face rocked off by this game. And the millions of people who are going to keep playing it. there is nothing wrong with the way they are handleing the EGA...and the launch will be even better. I am just enjoying all the whine on the forums cause as soon as I am able to play the game I will never have to see another whineing post again. Forums are my pre game entertainment till launch.

BW is going to enjoy being a paying customer for a LONG time

years? The only thing years has to do with this is the years I'm gonna get my face rocked off by this game. And the millions of people who are going to keep playing it. there is nothing wrong with the way they are handleing the EGA...and the launch will be even better. I am just enjoying all the whine on the forums cause as soon as I am able to play the game I will never have to see another whineing post again. Forums are my pre game entertainment till launch.

BW is going to enjoy being a paying customer for a LONG time

Alot of people said this about EQ .. WoW .. Lotro ... and so on ...

what will stay is the negative experience, escpecially if it was unecessary

I won't quit the game cuz I'm still really excited to play it but I will remember this wave situation when I start to dislike the game. I left NCSoft because they are so bad. Bioware is probably next.

the best thing they could have done was to let us know when we 'may' get in. If it gets delayed you only make a few people upset. But by not telling any of us we have to sit here and hope for days.

Edited by HyperHypo

Diablo 3 isn't out yet, does that mean all of us who want to play that game are currently sitting in a queue waiting to play it? Reality checks are free, everyone. Tip your waitress.

Obviously we're not queueing for Diablo 3.

If you had a pre-order for Diablo 3, for which money had been taken from your account, AND if other people with pre-orders who had paid an identical fee were already playing the game with characters they'd get to keep...

Then, you'd arguably be queueing.

The question is whether or not requiring people to queue is in any way unreasonable. Simply giving people slightly more information about roughly when they could expect to play would have mitigated some of the frustration which has lead to these rage threads.

Under promising and over delivering is a tried and tested way of managing people's expectations and would have provided plenty of wiggle room for the schedule to slip without causing rage. A relatively concrete statement like: "codes registered after November the first are unlikely to recieve invites before the 17th" means far fewer people whipping themselves into a frenzy for no reason if you're actually planning on inviting them on the 16th. and diffuses the rage that builds when people feel they are being mushroomed.

The only way I will consider EA/Bioware are being less than honest is if it turns out their continuing advertising "Up to 5 days early access" for people ordering over the last few days was misleading. If there was ever a point where they knew there was no way at all that people ordering after that point stood any chance of getting 5 days, they should have amended their advertising accordingly: "up to 3 days early access" etc.

Just because the hypothetical statement "up to 60 days early access" would still be technically satisfied by giving someone one single hour, doesn't mean it wouldn't be a deliberate deception on the part of the marketing department.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.