Why no one groups?

Taerkasten

There's an intrinsic value in grouping that I think you're not seeing. I don't just group to get the quest done and get the reward. I do it to meet the people I'll be running into along the way to level 50.

I agree about spamming General Chat though. There should be an LFG channel but none of that Dungeon Finder/Group Creator crap.

There's an intrinsic value in grouping that I think you're not seeing. I don't just group to get the quest done and get the reward. I do it to meet the people I'll be running into along the way to level 50.

I agree about spamming General Chat though. There should be an LFG channel but none of that Dungeon Finder/Group Creator crap.

I totally agree, but the current target of mmo developers seems to be platform gamers and they don't operate in intrinsics. My most recent mmo was Rift and finally realized I require some degree of social interaction in an mmo and cannot simply play a game longer than six months on graphics and character independence alone. I don't care how it's marketed, a cross-server group finder is simply a playing aid, not a social tool. 8 months into the game and 3 server transfers later my social network consisted of a whole 2 people that consistently logged in and were responsive to manually grouping.

SWTOR seems to be trying to mitigate the damage of a game that essentially plays like it's on rails by localizing chat, offering the friend option after grouping, and not currently implementing automated grouping, especially cross-server. I'm still confused why there aren't server forums to facilitate this and also to help guilds create player cohesion. I'm personally not concerned with xp bonuses for grouping because I find levelling in modern mmos the most enjoyable part of playing them and the road is too short to begin with. At level cap I end up min/maxing and microanalyzing every aspect of the game and end up spending too much time on forums witnessing the verbal massacre of the latest mmo victim.

Im currently level 35 and have been enjoying the story deeply :) but so far havent grouped once, Played a single flashpoint thingy or do any of the heroic quests.

Bar missing out on a few goodies I didnt think I needed to do them at all ....but now as I find myself getting tired of being darth Bara's errand boy ive started looking for more and find myself becoming 'lonely' in game most of the time. Even getting into a guild that suits my play style seems a difficult task now.

I guess Im saying I regret going solo or atleast playing that way, and would make more of an effort to be more social & group earlier on in the future if I decide to make an alt :)

Grouping is a pain, always has been always will be (I used to raid hard core and waiting 30+ minutes before each boss fight so people could do stuff was not really time well spent for me), I play to relax and enjoy, not becoming frustrated with someone who I have to wait for, etc... I work with people all day and it's fun, but in the evening it's my time...

I guess I play MMO's because the content is always updated

Celebreth brings up some good points. Chat shouldn't be localized and there should be server forums. If there was a Global Looking for Group channel the level 50 could see a level 11 looking to do Esseles and change to an alt.

Lack of server forums is killing me. This is the only game I've played that didn't have them. I don't understand why they weren't included from launch. It would make grouping and guild finding/advertising so much easier.

I'm on a light server, and yeah it can be a real pain to find a group most of the time because there's no more the maybe 10 people if that on the planet that I want on. I now started a small family type guild just to notice that still no one wants to party unless they get stuck on their story line. I see nothing wrong with it, but as it is a MMO I do tend to think that there should be a lot of parties going on.

I also see there's to many people that have/had played WoW. So we tend to get a lot of people saying I don't want to party with a pug group ,or saying I don't play with people I don't know. Did this game not just come out how do you expect to know everyone if you don't even party. I had my trouble of groups, that's why if I make a group and lead. If they don't listen I call them out. If they still mess up I kick them and get someone else. Anyway it takes time, but you'll find people that are wroth grouping with if you really take the time.

I like grouping (and being the main healer). It's my favorite role. But most times I log in on weeknights and I have to work the next day and only have a couple of hours to play. So unless it's a guild group, ready to go, I don't bother grouping during the week for the most part. It *sometimes* just takes too long to get a group together, get going, etc. I hate risking standing around and waiting when I could be playing (even if it is solo).

I do group (and PuG) on weekends though. Right now my smuggler is sitting on a bunch of "group content" (heroics, flashpoints) that I hope to do this weekend. Although I worry that I might be too slow for some people (I don't space bar when it's my first time in flash point, etc.) Also, until I get to max level, I generally only do things like flash points once (I don't care if i get gear from them--I just want to do them for the fun of it). But when max level, then I often repeat content to get the gear I want.

Well, I make it a point NOT to group with people who don't really care about grouping, social points, or actually doing the fun missions. If all they care about is lolwz... then they can sit high n dry begging for a group all day long for all I care.

Other then that, finding quality people to group with has not been a problem.

i'd say this is more of a server dependent problem.

on Harbinger, people generally aren't in LFG for very long before they're on their way.

granted, we're one of the highest pop servers, but i'd imagine it's a player /server attitude too.

You can get some awesome matching orange gear from the social vendors if you social level is high enough. Costs about 300cr per piece. All open slots, but if you have someone who can make mods and enhancements, or you have alot of commendations it works out really nicely.

I care about social points..............

Well I RP so I try to get higher ranks to use social items as RP gear. I enjoy grouping...once in a while. I love the storylines so I usually don't want someone to be messing with my story by choosing the snobby and aggressive choices (unless I want to use them that is.)

I'll group with my friends and guild mates for certain content, like Heroics since they're more fun with friends. But yeah, if it's a normal mission and it's not a special occasion (as in all the BHs in the guild group to quest) I'll do it by myself.