PvP brackets will kill WZ's

Daayz

The queue for lvl 50 warzones on a large number of servers is going to be prohibitively long. Since the queue is going to go from ~2min up to 20 or 30+min, many 50s are simply going to stop queuing, further compounding the problem. There already isn't much to do at lvl 50 besides sit in fleet and spam general for a HM fp group because of the lack of a decent lfg system (omg im so social gaiz).

Seriously, this is being implemented too fast - I can understand this being implemented in the future when there is a robust lvl 50 population or once cross-server queues are added, but putting this in now will kill WZ's outright on all but the most populous servers.

WZ's are the only thing I enjoy doing in the game - I played a lot over the holidays and got to 50, however now that the holidays are over, I do not have as much time to play - I want to log in and queue for a WZ or two, play for 45min and log out. Waiting 30+min or longer for a queue would pretty much mean I don't play at all and would un-sub if I can't do anything in the game without having to sit there for 3-4 hrs to just get a daily done.

Yes, lvl 20s or whatever have a slight disadvantage in PvP, but BOTH TEAMS have low level players on them as well as lvl 50's.

tl:dr - don't want to wait 30min+ for WZ queues, would rather have slightly unbalanced teams and be able to actually PLAY rather than spend majority of time sitting in fleet looking at wall waiting for queue to pop.

Well, as convincing as all of your made up numbers are, I have to ask you where they came from. They stink of poop, so I have an idea.

A large majority of players are nearing 50. When the brackets are eventually added, there will be a lot more 50s than there are now. As it stands, the only thing keeping queue times long are the faction imbalances. I could makeup some numbers to support my argument, but my brain isn't that tiny.

Well, as convincing as all of your made up numbers are, I have to ask you where they came from. They stink of poop, so I have an idea.

A large majority of players are nearing 50. When the brackets are eventually added, there will be a lot more 50s than there are now. As it stands, the only thing keeping queue times long are the faction imbalances. I could makeup some numbers to support my argument, but my brain isn't that tiny.

If I could give you a +1 I would.

Majority of players in WZ's are under lvl 50.

We will see I guess, if the queues are still 2min or so then I will be extremely pleased.

If they are 20 or 30min or more then I will unsub.

I am just voicing a concern that I have with the implementation of the lvl 50 bracket. Hopefully I am wrong.

The queue for lvl 50 warzones on a large number of servers is going to be prohibitively long. Since the queue is going to go from ~2min up to 20 or 30+min, many 50s are simply going to stop queuing, further compounding the problem. There already isn't much to do at lvl 50 besides sit in fleet and spam general for a HM fp group because of the lack of a decent lfg system (omg im so social gaiz).

Seriously, this is being implemented too fast - I can understand this being implemented in the future when there is a robust lvl 50 population or once cross-server queues are added, but putting this in now will kill WZ's outright on all but the most populous servers.

WZ's are the only thing I enjoy doing in the game - I played a lot over the holidays and got to 50, however now that the holidays are over, I do not have as much time to play - I want to log in and queue for a WZ or two, play for 45min and log out. Waiting 30+min or longer for a queue would pretty much mean I don't play at all and would un-sub if I can't do anything in the game without having to sit there for 3-4 hrs to just get a daily done.

Yes, lvl 20s or whatever have a slight disadvantage in PvP, but BOTH TEAMS have low level players on them as well as lvl 50's.

tl:dr - don't want to wait 30min+ for WZ queues, would rather have slightly unbalanced teams and be able to actually PLAY rather than spend majority of time sitting in fleet looking at wall waiting for queue to pop.

i understand the complaint but u seriously have to understand how retarded it is to pvp with a lower lvl toon versus someone with epics(im sure u have them already). While the 50 bracket will hurt higher lvl wz's i can tell u without a doubt that having lvl 50s with epics 3 shoting/not geting scratched by lower lvl toons will kill pvp for the lower lvls.

Low levels are not "slightly unbalanced" compared to 50's. It's night and day. It's no fun having no chance vs. half their team. Just because they're on both sides doesn't make it anymore fun for them even if it is technically "fair".

In my experience, more than half of the players in my WZ's are 50. There will be no 20 min queues. People are grinding their gear at the moment and that won't change anytime soon. 50's will have less of a queue than those < 50 for the reason you stated, there's nothing else to do at 50.

You'll be fine.... I'm sure not beating up on undergeared noobs will burst your epeen but fair is fair.

I wanted to quote the thread I started with PVP suggestions. Laziness on my part I guess...

But here it is:

I know there are PVP fixes coming... But I haven't seen the ones I am about to suggest suggested.

1. Bracketed PVP... Not just level 50. What about 20-29, 30-39, 40-49? That way, those of us who'd like to try PVP out won't get steamrolled.

2. PVP choices... Not just be put into a cue and roll the dice where you end up. I, for one would like to try Huttball. I put myself in a que and I ended up in a warzone. Of course I immediately got steamrolled by a level 50.

I, for one am staying away from PVP until the level 50 bracket is enabled. I'm a newb at MMO's in general, playing the solo quests. But i'd like to branch out into the multi-player aspect of it. I've gone on a couple of H4 and H2 quests and found them quite enjoyable.

Edited by DoctorBeckett

In response to the noob thread link.

Reason he is getting rolled in pvp is because he is a NOOB not because game is imbalanced or something.

I did some WZ's on my lvl 21 alt and I was top damage, albeit by a smaller margin than on my lvl 50, but I was still top damage nonetheless - it is very possible to make good contributions as a low lvl with the pvp buff you receive.

I feel like the majority of players that are still lvl 20 - 30 on their mains at this point are either 1) new to gaming 2) don't care much about the game. They cannot expect to just jump into something, have almost no experience, and put no effort and come out on top - if it works that way the game is beyond useless.

In response to the noob thread link.

Reason he is getting rolled in pvp is because he is a NOOB not because game is imbalanced or something.

I did some WZ's on my lvl 21 alt and I was top damage, albeit by a smaller margin than on my lvl 50, but I was still top damage nonetheless - it is very possible to make good contributions as a low lvl with the pvp buff you receive.

I feel like the majority of players that are still lvl 20 - 30 on their mains at this point are either 1) new to gaming 2) don't care much about the game. They cannot expect to just jump into something, have almost no experience, and put no effort and come out on top - if it works that way the game is beyond useless.

Wow sounds like someone with no life other then this game. Go back to WoW, +1 for Brackets. Since it will help even the playing field for lower LvLs who are trying to grind their Toon. Instead of letting Geared out LvL 50s roll everything. It's about quality of play, not how much. That's a true gamer and PvPer.

Brackets are a terrible idea. Having 1-49 and 50 makes sense. The difference between a fresh 50 and a geared 50 is like having a 10 vs. 49. Bolster works fine for 10-49. It's not the level, it's the gear disparity.

If you put 10-19, 20-29, etc you would have really long queues. Having the system they're going to implement make sense.

there is no way to tell what the que times are going to be.

Sure there is.

25% of your playerbase might be 50 going by that number Bioware through out there. Now here is a example:

Jimmy has 4 apples. The teacher takes away 3 apples. How many apples are left?

The answer is it will be cross server warfronts pretty soon lol

We will see I guess, if the queues are still 2min or so then I will be extremely pleased.

I am just voicing a concern that I have with the implementation of the lvl 50 bracket. Hopefully I am wrong.

The majority of ques in game (even with cross faction or all server) are about 2 minutes. Chill the hell out. Quit being so impatient. Hell, even Dota2 and LoL have 2 minute que times for a **** ton of players on a single server.

If BW loses an impatient player who would rather flip a cash register over and dump a load on the counter before getting a cheeseburger after 3minutes, then good riddance.

what backwater server are you on? :s

I've been pvping all week, started at level 10 currently 18, taking it slow because I only have a few hours a day at most to play on.

And Im usally alone as a below level 50 player in pvp, at the most maybe 1-2 others on my team and equal numbers on opposing team.

More often than not more than half the teams are level 50s.

Tbh, Im more worried about the que times for below level 50 :s

Sorry, your gravy train must end, but you can't expect to be allowed to farm helpless low-levels.

Issue with existing approach is that level 50 isn't peak of character power, you get item-levels after that and formula does not account for it. So some level 50s are effectively level 55, or 60 while all low levels are normalized to level 45 or so.

Actually formula works rather well 10-40ish, it starts breaking down after that.

My favorite part is threatening to unsub...... The game has been out what a month? Are there problems and bugs? Yes of course. But immediately going OMG IMA QUIT!! is a little silly.

I imagine you've played plenty of MMOs before and should be familar with there always being ups and downs. Be it in PvP, class imbalances, or end game PvE. Most people weather the storm or post actual ideas/fixes until the developers get around to fixing what's broken.

Also while you probably weren't saying it to get attention most people on the internet don't care if you quit, especially over a hypothetical situation.

Only thing i can see in this thread is mainly imperials whining about lack of players, live with it you decided to roll the overpopulated faction now face the consequenses.

Yeah i happen to be a republic on a server with more siths and i got nearly instant quetimes :D

Edited by Reigha

Bye.

Translation of OP: Hey devs, I haven't got my epic gear yet, and I'm too scared to fight people my level. Please keep allowing us lvl 50s to take on lower lvl people so people don't know my epeen is so small. Its embarrassing how bad I am at playing people at my same level because I suck. I need to gank noobs and lowbies, its the only way I know how to play successfully. My mommy says I'm just scared, and she makes me cookies, but daddy says one day I'll be a big boy and play with kids my age.

Thanks for listening, and if you don't do what I ask, I'm gonna pout and threaten to leave.

Sobfully yours,

Daayz

I hope Imps get 30 minute queues, while Reps get 30 second queues. Maybe we could finally get some faction balance and make for some decent world PvP eventually instead of the 3:1 ratio mess it is currently. I can't wait to read all the crying from Imps regarding their long queues. What they get for all thinking "horde win pvp, I'm rolling the bad guys" like every recent MMO release.

I hope Imps get 30 minute queues, while Reps get 30 second queues. Maybe we could finally get some faction balance and make for some decent world PvP eventually instead of the 3:1 ratio mess it is currently. I can't wait to read all the crying from Imps regarding their long queues. What they get for all thinking "horde win pvp, I'm rolling the bad guys" like every recent MMO release.

Huttball is there to prevent that. I rerolled Repub to avoid Huttball, although I had wanted to go Repub from the beginning.

The 50 bracket must be added for balancing max level characters with expertise destroying low levels. I have argued many times with my friends that playing with reasonable queue times is the most important thing.

However, 50s are everywhere now, and the time for the split is upon us. This change needs to happen fast. If anything my worry is about the 1-49 bracket being empty. Maybe our servers are drastically different, but my server is more than needing this change.

Edited by Rylorn