Bobba fett vs Jango fett

CloudOfBr

Hmm, someone said jango because he killed jedi, but the only fight I saw him in with a jedi was the one that ended up with his severed head in his son's hands.

Boba, at the height of his career is the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.. jango just didn't seem all that tough to me, I'd have to say Boba would win this.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, someone said jango because he killed jedi, but the only fight I saw him in with a jedi was the one that ended up with his severed head in his son's hands.

Boba, at the height of his career is the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.. jango just didn't seem all that tough to me, I'd have to say Boba would win this.

He killed Coleman Trebor who was going to attack Dooku, but to be fair Cole was more of a diplomat then a fighter(which is surprising because he was going to attack Dooku, of course he did take him by surprise) and he did deflect two shots from Jango but was hit in the shoulder which caused his death.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I wasn't pointing that out regarding Boba Fett. Just throwing it out there because you said the EU isn't Canon. EU has it's own continuity and Canon. Lucas even likens it to a parallel universe but does acknowledge it.

Also comics do get debated pretty heavily due to the fact that the comics were first before the movies. So everyone knows the comics are the official source. The movies nearly always contradict what's already written and the comics never incorporate what's going on in the movies.

I honestly don't know how this is going over your head.

Things in the EU must conform to the movies. Do you understand that much?

In the movies Boba Fett dies. This is confirmed by The Script, The movie, The book and George Lucas saying that he dies.

The book that says Boba Fett lived (short story really) came out in 1996 which is several years before the current canon system and before even the first Special Editions.

When the Prequels came out and the NEW canon system came out a lot of things that where thought to be part of the canon where moved to Non canon.

As for the comic statement much in the same way Everyone should know that the Movies are the offiical source.

Also you would be surprised the movies and in the DC world the cartoons HAVE added things from the movies and the cartoons to the official unvierses.

For example

Harly Quinn and Mercy both came from the Batman and Superman cartoon but where offiically added to the Comic Canon.

Agent Coulson from the Iron Man movies has been added into the Comics and the Cartoon series.

here you go

and here is probably one of the best fights in any of the Star Wars movies.

Quick questions for Jarjarloves, how come the Star Wars wiki doesn't distinguish between movie canon, and EU canon? Boba Fett's article doesn't list anything post Episode 6 as non canon.

I can't think of an article that they do that for. Probably because it would cause way to much fighting when they get to two EU books that contradict themselves.

While Wookipedia is a great source of information they rarely make the distinction between canon and non canon.

Star Wars fans are very passionate and the fans get into huge arguments over very minute details. Boba Fett is a highly debated topic as some people who love him so much can't come to terms with him dying in the Sarlac pit.

Keep in mind also that Wookipedia is fan run site and not an official website.

Another perfect example of this is weapon and ship stats. It has been stated many many times that weapon and ship stats are 100% non canon even the ones that come from the Star Wars RPG and the Incredible Cross Sections books.

However they list all information in Wookipedia and make no distinction between canon and non canon.

edit: The real purpose of Star Wars wiki is to get as much of the rich story surrounding Star Wars out there. There is a crap ton of star wars books, games, comics, and so on. Wookipeida is just a place for all of that regardless of canonicty.

Edited by jarjarloves

I can't think of an article that they do that for. Probably because it would cause way to much fighting when they get to two EU books that contradict themselves.

While Wookipedia is a great source of information they rarely make the distinction between canon and non canon.

But they still do point out several non canon stories In articles. They do point this out In the Boba Fett article itself. They clearly mark sections of the story that Is either confirmed non canon, or has an unconfirmed level on canon.

But they do not mark his survival as either ambiguous, or non canon.

When the Prequels came out and the NEW canon system came out a lot of things that where thought to be part of the canon where moved to Non canon.

Evidenced by Wookipedia, Boba Fett's survival remains canon.

1. I am arguing that boba Fett is dead because

a. The Script says he dies

The script says "Last flight", not "dies".

b. he very cleary dies in the movie.

He very clearly falls in the Sarlaac in the movie. 3PO's comment before that clearly states that those swallowed by the Sarlaac would "Find a new definition of pain, and suffering as they are slowly digested over 1,000 years." They can't very well find a new definition of pain and suffering if they are dead.

c. George Lucas stated that he dies in that scene.

He also clearly states that he thinks the 2 universes are seperate, there is His universe, and the Fans universe.

Boba has had a big impact on the EU, to say he isn't canon means you acknowledge very little.

The EU dosnt exist. by the current cannon system the only only cannon things are the movies, oh and Anni getting his scar in ROTS by slipping in the bathtub.

Why?

because George Lucas says so.

Edited by TheBentOne

But they still do point out several non canon stories In articles. They do point this out In the Boba Fett article itself. They clearly mark sections of the story that Is either confirmed non canon, or has an unconfirmed level on canon.

But they do not mark his survival as either ambiguous, or non canon.

Evidenced by Wookipedia, Boba Fett's survival remains canon.

The script says "Last flight", not "dies".

He very clearly falls in the Sarlaac in the movie. 3PO's comment before that clearly states that those swallowed by the Sarlaac would "Find a new definition of pain, and suffering as they are slowly digested over 1,000 years." They can't very well find a new definition of pain and suffering if they are dead.

He also clearly states that he thinks the 2 universes are seperate, there is His universe, and the Fans universe.

The script also says

"The boundless heavens serve as a back-drop for the MAIN TITLE,

followed by a ROLL-UP, which crawls into infinity"

It's called dramatic writing. You clearly have a hard time with reading comprehension.

"He screams as his armored body makes its last flight past

Lando and directly into the mucous mouth of the Sarlacc. The

Sarlacc burps. Chewie growls a weak congratulations to Han."

His armoured body makes its last flight. Yeah that very clearly means dies

By your logic The Emperor doesn't die either

Again even going by the second alternate universe idea all the EU stuff must conform to the movies. So since he says he Dies in the movies he must die in the EU.

/endthread

Edited by jarjarloves

The EU dosnt exist. by the current cannon system the only only cannon things are the movies, oh and Anni getting his scar in ROTS by slipping in the bathtub.

Why?

because George Lucas says so.

He never said that, if he did he was joking. Anikan got his scar from Asaj Ventress.

He never said that, if he did he was joking. Anikan got his scar from Asaj Ventress.

well he kind of did

A conversation between Lucas and John Knoll in a web diary during the production of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith showed more of the movie/Expanded Universe relationship:

"So how did Anakin get that scar, George?" asks John Knoll.

"I don't know. Ask Howard," says George, referring to President of Lucas Licensing Howard Roffman. "That's one of those things that happens in the novels between the movies. I just put it there. He has to explain how it got there. I think Anakin got it slipping in the bathtub, but of course, he's not going to tell anybody that."

Really it's not that far fetched considering Lucas added a musical dance number to RoTJ and has JarJar stepping in poop and having an animal fart in his face in The Phantom Meance.

So if these two people met with the exact same weapons, who would win?

Hello! Boba Fett! He's just too kewl! :D

But... even though they could defeat Jedi they wouldn't be able to beat Cade.

Edited by Agemnon

I honestly don't know how this is going over your head.

Things in the EU must conform to the movies. Do you understand that much?

In the movies Boba Fett dies. This is confirmed by The Script, The movie, The book and George Lucas saying that he dies.

The book that says Boba Fett lived (short story really) came out in 1996 which is several years before the current canon system and before even the first Special Editions.

As for the comic statement much in the same way Everyone should know that the Movies are the offiical source.

Also you would be surprised the movies and in the DC world the cartoons HAVE added things from the movies and the cartoons to the official unvierses.

For example

Harly Quinn and Mercy both came from the Batman and Superman cartoon but where offiically added to the Comic Canon.

Agent Coulson from the Iron Man movies has been added into the Comics and the Cartoon series.

Going over my head? I'm sorry but maybe you didn't read my post clearly? I stated my comment had absolutely nothing to do with Boba Fett. It was in regard to you claiming that EU isn't Canon. I was merely pointing out that the EU has it's own continuity and Canon. Even Lucas acknowledges it as a seperate universe. My post had NOTHING to do with Boba Fett. I wasn't arguing with you about or for Boba's existence. You seem to be mistaking me claiming that the EU has it's own continuity as me trying to justify Boba's existence in it.

I'm not. I don't care to debate Boba's existence anymore because I don't care much about the character. So I don't see why you went back and posted the same exact thing to prove boba's non existence when I'm not arguing with you about it anymore.

• 2 months later...

Jango dual-wields blaster pistols. Boba has a single blaster rifle.

Twice the firepower. Advantage: Jango.

Jango fought Obi-Wan, while in his prime, to a standstill and escaped, then got taken out by the second-greatest duelist in the Jedi Order. Boba bushwhacked Han and Leia with Vader's assistance and a bunch of stormtroopers plus basically the entire guard contingent of Cloud City backing him up, then got taken out BY ACCIDENT by a blind guy.

Not going out like a chump. Advantage: Jango.

I could go on, but really, why bother? Also the novels never happened, so nyah nyah.

Jango dual-wields blaster pistols. Boba has a single blaster rifle.

Twice the firepower. Advantage: Jango.

Jango fought Obi-Wan, while in his prime, to a standstill and escaped, then got taken out by the second-greatest duelist in the Jedi Order. Boba bushwhacked Han and Leia with Vader's assistance and a bunch of stormtroopers plus basically the entire guard contingent of Cloud City backing him up, then got taken out BY ACCIDENT by a blind guy.

Not going out like a chump. Advantage: Jango.

I could go on, but really, why bother? Also the novels never happened, so nyah nyah.

Obi-Wan vs Jango a standstill? Really? Looked like he got his *** kicked to me, and only escaped because of the wire rope.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Jango stomps Obi-Wan pretty hard for most of the fight, including the hand-to-hand portion.

....Right, Jango got one good headbutt it, Boba fired Slave 1 blasters and he missed with a rocket and then just dragged Obi-Wan around. Watch the vid again, Obi-Wan pretty much floors him in the hand to hand part.