I wonder what Bioware thinks of so many players telling others to leave their game

Jeffor

No this happens on every other MMO forums that is not WoW. Everyone seems to have formed the opinion that if someone wants any feature even remotely resembling something that WoW has, then that person must want the game to be exactly like WoW.

Hell, it happens in game forums that are NOT MMOs(a specifically recent example, in the Skyrim forums LOL).

I know its cool to hate whats popular, ignoring the fact that by doing so you are doing the exact same thing everyone else is doing anyway, but they had 13+ million subscribers at one point for a reason.

Ill say that yet still refuse to buy an iPhone :p

Yeah we see this on the LOTRO forums as well but nothing like you do around here. Even right after that game's launch. Now, that being said, I can't read every post here so it's possible that I happened to read more of these types of threads today or something but it seems like every thread has at least one or two of these guys.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find hilarious is to see these individuals type the game is a fail, and then state in the next sentence they are here to help make the game better.

No some of us say the game is fail and want everyone to unsub because we at this point want the game to fail. In part because I'm annoyed that BW got my $60 for a piece of garbage, and If I can convince 4 other people to unsub, I will have gotten my $60 back, well kind of.

I suppose that's true but, at the same time, there would have to be times when I was like, "guys, come on. Say anything but that." :p

Think about it though. Let's say you're tasked with creating a painting, this painting will take you the better part of 4 years from concept to inception and literally thousands of man-hours to complete it. You get it done, you hang it up at a gallery and every 10th comment is:

"needs more blue, less red...red is OP"

"the artist used low res textures"

"this painting just copied that painting's shade of orange"

"this painting is too large"

"this painting makes my brain lag"

and so on...wouldn't you feel a strong urge to kick these people in the duodenum after a few hours of that? Maybe a week? 3 weeks?

Edited by TradewindNQ

Doesnt meen the people playing havnt unsubscribed already though.

For example : Me. It's not like I'll stop playing this game after time ends but I tried to force BW to know that I'm not happy with the game at it's current state and not willing to pay monthly for it. I play daily douse of 3-4 hours (Dailies, pvp, HM) then I get sooooo frustrated from bugs and some gamebreaker mechanics, i log off.

Yes, as soon as some of the bugs and things fixed I'll subscribe like a boss.

Edited by BloodyheadRamson

No some of us say the game is fail and want everyone to unsub because we at this point want the game to fail. In part because I'm annoyed that BW got my $60 for a piece of garbage, and If I can convince 4 other people to unsub, I will have gotten my $60 back, well kind of.

You've just revolutionized economics there bucko. I'm calling the Nobel committee ASAP.

Think about it though. Let's say you're tasked with creating a painting, this painting will take you the better part of 4 years from concept to inception and literally thousands of man-hours to complete it. You get it done, you hang it up at a gallery and every 10th comment is:

"needs more blue, less red...red is OP"

"the artist used low res textures"

"this painting just copied that painting's shade of orange"

"this painting is too large"

"this painting makes my brain lag"

and so on...

See when I think about it I makes me think of someone going to eat at a restaurant I like. I might recommend the steak salad. If the person next to me says, "hmm I don't care for their steak salad" I'm not going to tell them to get the heck out then. :D

I guess I can see both sides of this though.

It's staggering how many people reply with comments like, "go back to WoW" or "go play something else if you don't like it." I was wondering what a game developer or some of the BW employees think of this. I know they have to have a thick skin in their line of work but these are their supporters and many of them are telling people to leave the game they've worked so hard on. Personally it would irk me a little bit as it seems pretty wide-spread around the forums. What do you think?

I think the fact that you can't get punched in the face through the internet is the only reason people act like they do on public forums.

Fear of confrontation is whisked away when you are anonymous.

You've just revolutionized economics there bucko. I'm calling the Nobel committee ASAP.

Hey, I paid my money and until my free time runs out I'll use it how i choose. Hey if you like it, keep paying. If you don't stop paying, don't keep paying for a game you aren't happy with. Funny things, this is what all the Biodrones say all the time.

I think the fact that you can't get punched in the face through the internet is the only reason people act like they do on public forums.

indeed, the greatest thing about the internet is it lets people imply that they would punch people in the face when, in reality, they would never do such a thing

Hey, I paid my money and until my free time runs out I'll use it how i choose. Hey if you like it, keep paying. If you don't stop paying, don't keep paying for a game you aren't happy with. Funny things, this is what all the Biodrones say all the time.

I'm just trying to figure out how you'll have your $60 back. I mean, even "sort of." It's like quantum economics or something. Schrodinger's Dollars even.

I like this game, and I didn't care much for WoW.

I believe both games, are good in their own ways. I mean, WoW caters to kind of player that likes games like WoW. SWTORO caters to a completely different demographic, yet somehow WoW players have come here (presumably hoping to find a game that will replace WoW finally), and to their dismay find a completely different kind of game than they expected. I think that's why you're seeing all these "I just unsubbed" posts as if they represent the majority of the player base or something.

I just rolled a Jedi Knight to level 10 and I am loving the combat with this character.

they probably don't care

mmo players are the worst people on earth and everyone knows it

they also pay out the *** for games and everyone knows it

bioware knew what they were getting into

i like the way u think sir.....

saying that this isnt bioware's first rodeo...............

they probably don't care

mmo players are the worst people on earth and everyone knows it

they also pay out the *** for games and everyone knows it

bioware knew what they were getting into

It is true that the MMO genre and it's fans are their own unique little snowflakes. People take sides worse than football or basketball sometimes.

You should be more annoyed you didn't do research prior to purchasing and learn to wait 3 months for MMOs after release to play.

I love fixing things, and improving on them.

I love MMO launches, a glutton for punishment my wife says.

But I also get to reap the reward of saying I was able to be there to try and make it better.

So, moral of the story.

Don't give up your hard earned cash until you know what you are getting.

I played Open Beta, knew what was coming, and what to expect.

And I also know what Bioware can do in the long run, especially with my input and help along the way.

Not by me screaming "FAIL!! GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!" during the free 30 day cycle.

See when I think about it I makes me think of someone going to eat at a restaurant I like. I might recommend the steak salad. If the person next to me says, "hmm I don't care for their steak salad" I'm not going to tell them to get the heck out then. :D

I guess I can see both sides of this though.

Except the steak salad only takes 3 minutes to whip together :p

If we're going for the community side of things, let's say you open a bottle of 1959 Dom Perignon Rose. Your friend is like "ew no!" You're not going to be a tiny bit upset at them?

Haha no doubt that plays a part in it. This is the internet after all.

except the steak salad only takes 3 minutes to whip together :p

if we're going for the community side of things, let's say you open a bottle of 1959 dom perignon rose. Your friend is like "ew no!" you're not going to be a tiny bit upset at them?

i would totally punch them right in their stupid face, amirite

It's staggering how many people reply with comments like, "go back to WoW" or "go play something else if you don't like it." I was wondering what a game developer or some of the BW employees think of this. I know they have to have a thick skin in their line of work but these are their supporters and many of them are telling people to leave the game they've worked so hard on. Personally it would irk me a little bit as it seems pretty wide-spread around the forums. What do you think?

When part of the forum complains that it's not enough like WoW, the other is complaining that it's too much like WoW.

When part of the forum complains that the graphics suck the other is complaing that the grapics are causing poor performance.

One group is for LFG tool, the other not.

One is for metrics tools, the other is not.

I guess my question to your question would be...

Who are they supposed to take more seriuos?

I can honestly say, this is easily the WORST cummunity I have ever seen of any MMO. Granted, I have never played WoW, nor will I. I am adult with a little more discernment. Insult aside, I hear this is pretty much the way the WoW cmmunity normally functions. Scream and yell about the most trivial thing, announce you're quitting and then make sure everyone knows it.

So, in addition to my previous question, do you think they really take anything posted on this General forum with any amount seriousness?

Money baths > screaming juveniles.

Edited by Nautius

The average personality of the poster on these forums is awful, some posts that are genuinely placed to raise discussion and awareness of game breaking problems are met with utter bile.

I think in many terms it is this awful playerbase that will bring down this game not the bugs that would eventually be fixed.

Edited by Scan

When part of the forum complains that it's not enough like WoW, the other is complaining that it's too much like WoW.

When part of the forum complains that the graphics suck the other is complaining that the graphics are causing poor performance.

One group is for LFG tool, the other not.

One is for metrics tools, the other is not.

I guess my question to your question would be...

Who are they supposed to take more serious?

I can honestly say, this is easily the WORST community I have ever seen of any MMO. Granted, I have never played WoW, nor will I. I am adult with a little more discernment. Insult aside, I hear this is pretty much the way the WoW community normally functions. Scream and yell about the most trivial thing, announce you're quitting and then make sure everyone knows it.

So, in addition to my question, do you think they really take anything posted on this General forum with any amount seriousness?

Money baths > screaming juveniles.

No dude, what you are reading is how an anonymous community functions. Rift, AoC, Warhammer, WoW, You tube, Craigslist, all the same.