Cross-Server PvP win/win for both sides of the fence.

Muldias

I see a lot of posts saying cross-server PvP would destroy the community, well how about you give two options, a Queue for Cross-Server PvP, and a Local queue for PvP, so that people who want to be 'known' in their 'community' still have the option, while the rest of us who want low queue's and don't really mind being 'known' can have another option to get in and slay people quickly.

Just a thought.

I see a lot of posts saying cross-server PvP would destroy the community, well how about you give two options, a Queue for Cross-Server PvP, and a Local queue for PvP, so that people who want to be 'known' in their 'community' still have the option, while the rest of us who want low queue's and don't really mind being 'known' can have another option to get in and slay people quickly.

Just a thought.

Cross Server PvP is such a bad idea that I'd vote '2 girls, 1 cup' before I'd vote 'Cross Server PvP.

Cross Server PvP is such a bad idea that I'd vote '2 girls, 1 cup' before I'd vote 'Cross Server PvP.

Hey I wanted it on WoW... was stoked when they implemented it....

then quit BG's within a month because of all the low class artards that flooded our queues.

Hate to see that happen on the PvP server I play here.

Been there, done that. Huge mistake.

Please see this thread for constructive feedback

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1486973#post1486973

While I agree with a lot of your points, do you have a solution for low population realms? If people want to PvP and they're on a low population server, and their queues are too long, I personally wouldn't want to re-roll on a new server. There should be another option.

Edit*

A possible solution could be, having a queue for 2-3 servers, which would broaden the player base but you would still see the same faces after awhile in PvP.

Edited by Muldias

Personally, I really enjoy local server WZs. It helps build a community (and competition) local to the server. Cross-server queues would over-saturate a currently healthy level of same-server WZ instances and would destroy any buildup of same-server competition.

AFAIK, WoW's addition of cross-server BGs was mainly due to huge BG queues on either low pop realms or those with a staggeringly unbalanced horde to alliance ratio.

What I would like to see from SWTOR however, is server-specific forums. IMHO, there were three types of communities in WoW:

1) In-game only community: I'd venture to say that this was the largest group, either casuals or hardcores who didn't care about any more social aspects outside of the game.

2) Realm forum community: Yes, a massive number of trolls and not an abundance of super helpful posts, but really helped foster a community that the in-game community just wouldn't pull off. You get to know players from the other faction and other guilds in your faction that you otherwise just wouldn't talk to otherwise. A huge community of e-peen slingers and trash talkers. IMHO, this was the most fun for building a server-specific PvP community. A game away from the game, where people in school or at work would troll until they got home (and even then, some would post on the forums while they were clearing trash raiding or waiting for a BG/arena queue to pop).

3) Addon community: A huge number of addons were developed by third parties for WoW. While only a small portion of the game's community, they definitely helped in helping the game become more fun because you could play it the way you wanted to, not how the game's producers told you to.

While I agree with a lot of your points, do you have a solution for low population realms? If people want to PvP and they're on a low population server, and their queues are too long, I personally wouldn't want to re-roll on a new server. There should be another option.

Easy solution is to merge low pop servers, also helps bioware save money, you still get your cross server and you get a bigger population to boot. Everyone wins.

Easy solution is to merge low pop servers, also helps bioware save money, you still get your cross server and you get a bigger population to boot. Everyone wins.

It's difficult to merge low pop servers, because what if those two servers have a lot of inactive accounts. If Bioware makes a change that will draw a lot of them back, those servers are suddenly experiencing long logon times etc. It's a double edged sword.

Instead of spewing garbage in your post, why don't you give a constructive solution, or feedback?

I have wrote treaties about this subject. You want to read my blog about how best to fix many of the major problems in SWTOR and the MMO genre as a whole?

But since you asked 'soooo nicely'....I'll pull out a simple enough answer.

Fix the core problems with PvP first. Remove the serious lag issues, remove the problems with server lag effecting abilities firing, as well as resolve working only sometimes.

From there I would suggest a review of the CC system to make it better. (which I have lots of ideas as well, but thats not this subject)

I would remove the Expertise statistic and just make certain stat combos and the like found on PvE and others on PvP gear.

Do those above things and more people will PvP. If more people PvP then queues aren't a problem and thus there is no need for cross server PvPing and you still get to enjoy your community without 'random faces' being the only thing you ever face in PvP.

It's difficult to merge low pop servers, because what if those two servers have a lot of inactive accounts. If Bioware makes a change that will draw a lot of them back, those servers are suddenly experiencing long logon times etc. It's a double edged sword.

Um...I am on a very high pop server, i normally only have a 5 min que at best to get in the game. You also should not count unsubbed/inactives in your ideas, they are not part of the game and are part of the reason you have a low pop server in the first place.