Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

2nd day of planned 4 waves, joking surely?

Lady_Femke

will ppl u got to understand they said 5 days before release date. so to do it 7 days before isnt bad . all i know is if we all in 5 days before y make it a big deal i know i be able to catch up with my friends that i was going to lvl up with cuz more ppl will know the missions to help and i lvl fast in all mmorpg that i have played

:cool:

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, internet statistics. Made up by numpty's.

How is your little bubble world?

Statistics? it was my "guess." your read comprehension seems on par with the "same size" posts in this thread :p

you must not have participated in any early access MMOs. please name one that had a 5+ day early access, where the official launch impacted the servers

light is total server population....

that means there are about 500 in low level areas... this is what they are worrie about ... if they change the statistics to show the population of low level ares, all servers would be full

Hence the reason they implemented zone instancing. This argument is moot.

light is total server population....

that means there are about 500 in low level areas... this is what they are worrie about ... if they change the statistics to show the population of low level ares, all servers would be full

this argument has been torn to shreds, as of this time yesterday, keep up

750k people logged in on thanksgiving weekend, less servers then and they did fine

now, im not on the crazy boat, i could care less if i get in on the 19th, thats 5 freaking days, ive been waiting for this game for 3 years

but that argument is invalid

Rift's 250k pre-orders vs SWTOR 1 Million pre orders.. No nothing will surely happen if everyone flooded on the first wave :rolleyes:

1M was US hardcopy alone, that is not counting the rest of the world (yes there IS a world outside of US, thought americans tend to forget) And without digital pre-orders. So the actual number is much much higher. There has been predicted numbers of around 3 millions in total.

Easy to understand how they can let a lot more in todays 4 waves than yesterdays 5, thats not what I asked.

I asked why only 4 waves, after 18 hour break to watch stability with 90%servers that showed as light usage for most of the EU early a.m. until todays 1st of the 4 waves.

Thats like monitoring stablity in a grave yard.

Edited by Lady_Femke

Only 4 waves today and they have already sent the 2nd one?!?! Guess they are planning another half day already... Did anyone ever tell them MMO's are 24/7 operations?

I've seen stronger work ethic from government workers at the DMV.

Edited by shiftymh

OK, let me get this straight , yesterday they send 5 waves of x number, and today they do 4 waves of x numbers, that each of the 4 waves has more than each of the 5 from yesterday?

So lets do this as example

yesterday thet send 5 waves, each had 20 codes that means the total is 100

today 4 waves, each has 25(more than yesterday) thats means the total is 100?

mmmmmmmmmmm

I think as long as they clear all of july and august pre-orders today things are going swimmingly. Tomorrow will be September and October, then the next day will hopefully be November and december...That's what i'm hoping at least...

Thats what im hoping for aswell , but its really hard to speculate anything if they dont give our the numbers. We dont know exact numbers of games being preordered, we dont know how many did they sold in july, august or october, we dont know how many players they have invited yesterday.

Why only 4 waves?

Just keep rolling them until you are done why is this so hard to do ??

It is a 24 hour world out there, you can not just call it quits after 8 hours launching the game you have been working on for years.

Yesterdays experience should tell you plenty how well the servers are behaving and if they are not just add more server capacity.

Were you at the same launch I was? You had folks complaining to heck and back about how long queues were, even during early access, much less launch. While it isn't any fun waiting to get the EA email, staring at a 9999 in queue ...... 9998 ....... 9997 would be worse.

Says you. Having participated in launches for several MMO's, I'd much rather be looking at a chance to get in via a queue today rather than be stuck in a several day long queue with no idea where I stand in terms of when I'll get in.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. :)

this argument has been torn to shreds, as of this time yesterday, keep up

750k people logged in on thanksgiving weekend, less servers then and they did fine

now, im not on the crazy boat, i could care less if i get in on the 19th, thats 5 freaking days, ive been waiting for this game for 3 years

but that argument is invalid

I know man but we also tore this one to shreds yesterday...

BW isnt doing anything abuot the exploiting that is ruining servers right now by people getting to high and geared to fast... Im sure there is a meeting right now about how to handle it...

1. they continue to coverup

2. they take action before any more waves are released and piss off the exploiters.

yea over thanksgiving weekend we had a total of 2 million reported users/characters played... servers did fine, but they are cautious .... i think they are trying to catch as many exploits.... fix them and then BOOM stick the exploiters to save face

Only 4 waves today and they have already sent the 2nd one?!?! Guess they are planning another half day already... Did anyone ever tell them MMO's are 24/7 operations?

People complained that the waves were gonna come to slow, they come quick and they complain they are too quick. Never satisfied

People complained that the waves were gonna come to slow, they come quick and they complain they are too quick. Never satisfied

Well core of whole problem is that they send out 4 waves / day and have almost 24h between X days last and next days first. That is just ******** way of doing things as this is MMO, not SP with Online DRM.

Well core of whole problem is that they send out 4 waves / day and have almost 24h between X days last and next days first. That is just ******** way of doing things as this is MMO, not SP with Online DRM.

So if they sent out a wave every hour with 1/24th of the people invited, you would be happier? Go ahead and do the math. I'll wait.

Says you. Having participated in launches for several MMO's, I'd much rather be looking at a chance to get in via a queue today rather than be stuck in a several day long queue with no idea where I stand in terms of when I'll get in.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. :)

Says me too.

Like you are the only person to have participated in SEVERAL MMO launches.

I can tell you that Rift was one of the worst launches I have ever participated in, the next in line? WoW.

I don't know which was worse really, standing in line in a dreadful queue, finally getting in, lagging so bad to have the server crash. OR, standing in line in a another dreadful queue, finally getting in, lagging so bad that blizzard brought down the servers and actually rolled them back completely and then took them off for "maintenence" for almost 18 hours ON LAUNCH DAY. In both cases, (Rift and WoW) I wasted an entire day trying to get in and play, only to have them pull the rug out from under us becasue they underestimated the amount of stress they were putting on thier servers.

The 5 days of Early access doesn't officially start until tomorrow.

In the meantime, be happy with the fact that they did say that they were conifident that they would have all remaining pre-orders in game by Tomorrow. This still gives you the 5 days that you technically were never promised and feel entitled to.

So if they sent out a wave every hour with 1/24th of the people invited, you would be happier? Go ahead and do the math. I'll wait.

on the other hand, if they released it like a stress test wave... all at once.... the BG exploiting would not have happened

Says me too.

Like you are the only person to have participated in SEVERAL MMO launches.

I can tell you that Rift was one of the worst launches I have ever participated in, the next in line? WoW.

I don't know which was worse really, standing in line in a dreadful queue, finally getting in, lagging so bad to have the server crash. OR, standing in line in a another dreadful queue, finally getting in, lagging so bad that blizzard brought down the servers and actually rolled them back completely and then took them off for "maintenence" for almost 18 hours ON LAUNCH DAY. In both cases, (Rift and WoW) I wasted an entire day trying to get in and play, only to have them pull the rug out from under us becasue they underestimated the amount of stress they were putting on thier servers.

The 5 days of Early access doesn't officially start until tomorrow.

In the meantime, be happy with the fact that they did say that they were conifident that they would have all remaining pre-orders in game by Tomorrow. This still gives you the 5 days that you technically were never promised and feel entitled to.

I put aion as the worst launch ever.... but it calmed down eventually around hour 7-8

Edited by Gummiebear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.