2nd day of planned 4 waves, joking surely?

Lady_Femke

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you invite "more people than yesterday" while "sending four waves of equal size"?

The size of the waves are equal today, but they are considerably bigger than the waves was yesterday. Seriously, use your brain.

Secondly, to all those who keep saying "they said they'd keep sending out waves during a longer timespan today than yesterday", they didnt mean it like that, they meant the timespan in a reedem code date timespan.

First day was July 21st-27ish. Today was from July27ish to October 2-3ish. See what they said and how the provided what they said?

I've been posting on the forums that the waves are preplanned.

As the days play out we see I told you so!

Mark this post! December pre-orders go out Monday!

They will take the weekend off!

I told you so!

Edited by Bocefas

I think bioware seriously shooting them selves in the feet with how they are handling this ea im already gettin so frusterated i just dont even wanna bother with the game anymore and im one of the people who has waited patiently for past couple of years.

ill give them till the 19th and cancel my pre-order then and just buy another copy when the game hits.

I hope you whiners realize that the early access wasn't even supposed to start until tommorow and yet you're still whining at the fact that we get an additional 2 day head start.

I think it's a fairly safe assumption that most of those 'whiners' aren't actually in game yet, and thus haven't actually received anything, including a '2 day head start'.

:p

I'm not sure I understand the wave approach. I have to believe and BioWare should be hoping that the pre-orders only make up a small percentage of the total player base. On the 20th when the game hits store shelves isn’t there potential for 1 million+ users to buy the retail version and every one of them login and start on the 20th?

It seems to me the better approach would have been to allow all pre-orders to start early as a stress test to make sure retail launch date can handle the load. You can't tell retail orders sorry you bought the game today but don't get to play for another 5 days.

Pushing the pre-launch in waves is mostly just leaving a bad taste in everybody’s mouth who pre-ordered to be on an even playing field. The more hard core players are your pre-order group and they want every advantage possible to land server firsts and emerge as top guilds. This wave approach only serves to upset the core.

Open the flood gates and fix issues as they come.

I'm not sure I understand the wave approach. I have to believe and BioWare should be hoping that the pre-orders only make up a small percentage of the total player base. On the 20th when the game hits store shelves isn’t there potential for 1 million+ users to buy the retail version and every one of them login and start on the 20th?

It seems to me the better approach would have been to allow all pre-orders to start early as a stress test to make sure retail launch date can handle the load. You can't tell retail orders sorry you bought the game today but don't get to play for another 5 days.

Pushing the pre-launch in waves is mostly just leaving a bad taste in everybody’s mouth who pre-ordered to be on an even playing field. The more hard core players are your pre-order group and they want every advantage possible to land server firsts and emerge as top guilds. This wave approach only serves to upset the core.

Open the flood gates and fix issues as they come.

I know someone is going to say "they did a stress test during beta" but I completely agree with dozie here. Yes they had a stress test but I did get a TEST email and didn't beta due to not wanting to see the game in poor shape. This is their LAST time to do something like this and we can't complain to much as it is free time. BIOWARE, SEAN, MAIL EM ALL OUT push your servers. LAUNCH DAY is soon and if you don't know you stuff by then you'll have a REAL issue. Save the trouble and let us all in!