Do Sorcs get less OP as your level up?

Putok

You can probably mitigate more damage being a PT and using guard+taunt while DPSing than trying to survive long enough to heal. Also PTs laugh at scoundrels who will always tend to jump the cloth wearer in their attempts to get their Heavy Hit medals.

If u have ur mind set on healing despite it being 30% less effective and scaling even worse, u can always have one of ur buddies put guard on you.

I normally run with a Powertech who's Valor 45 also, I'm Valor 45 too. I get guard, but that makes me survive all of 3 seconds longer lol. Its so disheartening to be so squishy with no hopes of keeping myself up.

I should probably grab some stims etc I guess to help a bit more. But im often stunned and unable to do anything, then theres the interupt, which makes me not able to cast my strong heal for 4s, even when I try to fake heal etc.

I was an assassin and re-rolled sorcerer. Last night, I beat a certain lvl 24 boss when I was only lvl 21. Now I'm on Tatooine at lvl 21, which is a lvl 24 planet. I might have to do some space combat and PvP now just so I don't get too ahead!

Plus when you get lvl 21, you can get Madness and Death Field, which is pretty awesome.

Assassins: the last boss is so difficult

Sorcerer: wasn't so bad

Sorcerer-corruption: wait, that was supposed to be a boss?

*ROFL* that was exactly what I said at the end of Act 3... I've been straight Corruption spec since I started, and after I got Andronikos on Tattoine, I stopped doing all the side quests and going to planets 3-4 levels low, just for a little bit of a challenge. I barely ever had problems, and the best I did was solo a gold elite that was 6 levels over me on Voss... He wasn't a particularly tough one, but it was a pretty epic battle at level 41... At 45 I stumbled into him again and didn't even realize he was a gold until the final moments of the fight :)

I'd love to see a video of you soloing H4 Blood and Sand on Tatooine or any other heroic that puts you up against 4 elite mobs.

This.

I can solo heroic 2's as I think most classes can. But heroic 4's at the appropriate level? I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong if people are routinely doing that.

No. lol. Straight lightning is the weakest spec right now, especially leveling.

As for soloing Heroic 4's: CC one of them forever with whirlwind, run a corruption spec, heal Khem forever. It takes a long time but you are effectively infinetly effceint provided you keep dotting and CC'ing and focus on keeping him up.

Sage's do it better because the 31 point corruption ability for Sorc's is busted right now.

I was planning on going lightning up to CL (and maybe suppression/lightning barrage), then moving over the straight corruption. That SEEMS like it'd be the way to go for leveling, but I could be wrong.

Gonna try to solo Hammer Station later today to see how it goes. The first boss worries me a little, but I think the rest of it should more or less be cakewalk. If not, I'll wait another few levels for the next rank of command stim.

Am I wrong in assuming that command is the way to go as far as consumables go? It seems to give me more bang for my buck than the other stims, given how significantly it improves Khem's DPS output and HP. Would resolve be a better choice for hard stuff?

This.

I can solo heroic 2's as I think most classes can. But heroic 4's at the appropriate level? I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong if people are routinely doing that.

I'll post vids once I get to tatooine. Given how easy Friend of Old was compared to how I remember it being last time, I think I could manage Blood and Sand if I was careful about pats and used consumables, especially if I throw a few oranges or purples on Khem. I do have a video of the last boss of Friends of Old, but I don't think you're doubting that one :-p

Edited by Putok

Healer/DPS with great melee tank pet and CC... PVE effectively broken :cool:

I rolled sorc first realized there wasn't much of a challenge with PVE so switched to operative, its a bit rougher especially before 36.

I tried solo'ing with a sage with my trandoshan and a single heal and my tank lost aggro and i died, so unless sorcerer is different, i don't see it as possible.

I tried solo'ing with a sage with my trandoshan and a single heal and my tank lost aggro and i died, so unless sorcerer is different, i don't see it as possible.

Did you put it into tank mode and give him decent gear? I never pull off of Khem unless I manage him poorly.

Given how difficulty scaled, I figured it'd get a little more challenging. I'm just awestruck by how powerful I am at my current level. I'll be curious to see if I can pull off soloing Hammer Station. First boss might be trouble.

To be honest Arsenal spec Mercs are just as good. Death From Above massacres entire groups at a time, as can Sweeping Blasters. You've also got heavy armour and heals.

As has been said, Sorcs just get powerful earlier than other classes do. It balances out later on.

PS

Not a chance will you be able to solo hammer station at anything like level appropriate. The first boss will be hard, the last boss will eat your face off.

Healer/DPS with great melee tank pet and CC... PVE effectively broken :cool:

I rolled sorc first realized there wasn't much of a challenge with PVE so switched to operative, its a bit rougher especially before 36.

This was what I was going to say.

We have an extremly reliable CC. A short stun...our first comp is a tank.

I too am on a Operative now and finding it much different. Mostly because I am floating between heals/range/melee ...nothing is defined in the early levels.

I noticed a serious change in effectiveness once I was about halfway through tatooine. Khem was starting to end fights with elites at >30% health and my force was actually running out once in awhile. I switched to the ranged dps guy and started doing the tanking myself with bubble. The difference in how fast things died was incredible, the biggest problem with melee companions is their "ramp up" time between when you tell them to attack and when they actually do.

Sorc's are awesome early game, about lvl 30 I saw it even out fairly rapidly. I am told there are "plateaus" for the dps/healer classes at certain points where your damage and healing is sub par. For sorcs apparently its between when you hit tatooine and when you get force storm. For my Powertech he started out strong, got allot slower to kill stuff between 15 and 25, then suddenly was able to gather up a couple groups of melee mobs at a time and burn them down without scratching his armor.

The only class I have played so far that seemed actually OP is my trooper, and I think that is just because I have been insanely lucky with drops on him. Most my gear is purple or orange instead of a piece or two like my other chars.

Got back to my sorc a bit last night, and managed to solo 4 man heroic in the Okara Droid Factory. Here's the last boss, if anyone is interested:

Not TOO hard, bug probably would have been easier if I had stimmed.

As for soloing Heroic 4's: CC one of them forever with whirlwind, run a corruption spec, heal Khem forever. It takes a long time but you are effectively infinetly effceint provided you keep dotting and CC'ing and focus on keeping him up.

I don't see that being viable later on due to power consumption; the health and especially damage of higher-end enemies scales too steeply. If you have two strongs and two elites, for instance, the best you can do is take out one elite. High-end strongs hit hard, some as hard as you'd expect an elite to hit. Healing through all that DPS will drain your force before you can take down the three un-CC'd. If any of those three have special attacks, you'll be lucky to keep Khem alive even before you run out of force (it's hard to watch for them to interrupt if you have to keep Khem as your constant heal target).