Sorry for the Stupid Question

Red_Ripper

Hey all; I've seen multiple threads about this but unfortunately they're all 10+ pages and honestly I don't have the time to search through all of them for an answer. My question is; during certain cutscenes there seem to be different, higher resolution textures used for your character's armor, hair, scars, tattoos and the over all appearance of the game. Is there anyway to apply these high resolution textures to the entire game, so they're used all the time instead of just during certain cutscenes? Thank you in advance for the help and I apologize once more for the dumb question.

-Tim

Just started browse'n round the forums today. Seems there are MANY threads open on this. The high-textured aren't working right atm and only are available and random times like during NPC interactions. Should be fixed soon i would imagine. Then you'll be able to see them all the time.

Actually the low quality textures you see during standard gameplay ARE the "High" textures according to Bioware.

I too thought that the poor quality must be a bug, but SR confirmed today that Bioware intentionally disabled the higher resolution graphics used in cutscenes in order to insure that players had the smoothest gameplay experience possible during actual gameplay.

Many people are disappointed by this, myself included, and it has turned in to a huge gripe fest in the official thread.