Assault Cannon vs. Blaster Rifle

DuceHason

Ok I know as a Commando (specially going Gunnery) that the Assault Cannon is my 'prefered' weapon. However. Is there any difference if I switched to using a Blaster Rifle? The Cannon is wicked and all, but I do kind of dig the shouldered weapon. Would I suffer a huge hit on damage if I switched to a rifle from a cannon?

There are skills in your tree that require the autocannon. Any Commando that uses a blaster rifle is giving up DPS and utility for nothing more than aesthetics. It's not the way our AC was meant to be played. Edited by Asperoth

Experiment with different moddable autocannons. They vary widely in appearance and some of them are a bit more compact and smaller in size. With so many to choose from, you should be able to find one that has the appearance you are looking for. Edited by Asperoth

I feel your pain but it's just not possible unfortunately. Even if we didn't miss out on skills, blaster rifles have significantly less damage on them than assault cannons of the same rating making you take a serious dps hit just for cosmetics. The only Commando spec that can get away with is Combat Medic and even then they will be much less useful on the fights where they have to dps as well as heal.

Ok I know as a Commando (specially going Gunnery) that the Assault Cannon is my 'prefered' weapon. However. Is there any difference if I switched to using a Blaster Rifle? The Cannon is wicked and all, but I do kind of dig the shouldered weapon. Would I suffer a huge hit on damage if I switched to a rifle from a cannon?

As you level up you will find different weapons. Check out the specialty vendor at each planet and look for an upgrade. I did the Athis flash at 20 and got a cannon from their, used that until Tatooine(their is a sweet one on there, X-19 at the vendor I mentioned). Now I'm using the one you can chose after chapter 1 is over.

Definitely go and get a few orange named weapons because you can mod them into being the best possible gun you can use at your current level.

If you can use the crystal currently(which is completely dependent upon the restrictions/requirements you see when mousing over it), and it's in a moddable weapon, you can remove it for a fee and place it into another moddable weapon.

If you can use the crystal currently(which is completely dependent upon the restrictions/requirements you see when mousing over it), and it's in a moddable weapon, you can remove it for a fee and place it into another moddable weapon.

I got the weapon with a red in it, and I know with my Jedi at Light Side II he is unable to use red crystals period, wasn't sure if it was the same for all classes or not.

The moddable weapon/armor piece may have class specific requirements in order to use it, but not the items that you plug into the slot themselves.

As far as I know, a red crystal is a red crystal whether you are plugging it into a blaster or a light saber.

Edited by Asperoth

I'll have to check this out when I get home, all I know is on my Jedi the red cystals are 'shadowed' out for him and the blues and greens are not.

If you're light 1 you can't use red crystals in your blaster/light saber. Same goes for blue/green if you're dark 1.

Only way to get a blue/green as dark side is to find one with it already in it.

Edited by KhealThar