I fail to understand......

lolwow

OP, who told you or where did you read you need a quad core processor or 4 gb of ram to run this game. You better check your facts before you post.

At full settings this game looks so much better then WoW, yea you might not get these cool sparkly buffs and stuff, but the game looks damn good and runs damn smooth.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If SWTOR is so great, why all you gomers all sitting in the forums. Bored much? Ya, thought so -lamers.

it might not have occured to you but some of us have something called a job, when it's slow or during lunch/breaks this is where I come.

Maybe you should get one.

Wow is a far more interesting world with a nice style of graphics that fit the IP sadly SWTOR looks like a cut and paste I repeatedly saw same the same structures and landmarks appearing and how objects and doorways were just mirrored off each other with both side being identical which leads to the world looking fake and rushed.

The art work in WOW is of better quality.

You fail to understand that Blizzard made some major upgrades to their graphics.

This^

and without any updates/upgrades SWTOR is miles ahead and you are fooling yourself if you think WOW graphics are better.

WOW has no real detail of anything, where as SWTOR has incredible detail. If SWTOR graphics look bad then your PC is likely garbage.

Both games look like crap with a foul vid card... spend 2 hundo and step up your game, its worth it.

it might not have occured to you but some of us have something called a job, when it's slow or during lunch/breaks this is where I come.

Maybe you should get one.

Exactly... since I cant play at work, flaming people on forums for making rediculous assessments like this is the next best thing.

OP, who told you or where did you read you need a quad core processor or 4 gb of ram to run this game. You better check your facts before you post.

At full settings this game looks so much better then WoW, yea you might not get these cool sparkly buffs and stuff, but the game looks damn good and runs damn smooth.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im talking reccomended settings for each game. I only need a dual core 2gb ram ati 3850 to max wow out while bioware suggest I need a quad core 4gb ram and atleast an ati 4850 or nvidia equivalent to pump out barely better graphics and a most definately not better running game. How people can't process this through there head is beyond me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im talking reccomended settings for each game. I only need a dual core 2gb ram ati 3850 to max wow out while bioware suggest I need a quad core 4gb ram and atleast an ati 4850 or nvidia equivalent to pump out barely better graphics and a most definately not better running game. How people can't process this through there head is beyond me.

Where does BW "suggest" this? I copied those minimum system requirements right from BioWare's FAQ.

I have a dual-core processor, 2 gigs of RAM and a stock GPU. It runs fine for me and looks great.

Minimum System Requirements

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM

Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better

nVidia 7800 or better

Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

My PC is far better than that and I suffer FPS issues even on low about 50% of the time.

My gf's computer is far better than that, and she cannot even play this game.

It's not a hardware problem. Some people on low end PC's claim to run it fine on high, others on high-end (like me) can't run it on anything past low and suffer a loss of enjoyability even then.

WoWs cartoon graphics give the illusion of them looking better than they really are.

That's the brilliance of WoW: they did more with less. While this game (which I like) does less with more. I sure am tired of being frozen in place while the textures on the two floors, the shadows on the ceiling, and a million blades of grass are rendered.

Edited by Patizor

My PC is far better than that and I suffer FPS issues even on low about 50% of the time.

My gf's computer is far better than that, and she cannot even play this game.

It's not a hardware problem. Some people on low end PC's claim to run it fine on high, others on high-end (like me) can't run it on anything past low and suffer a loss of enjoyability even then.

I think some peoples opinion of 'cannot play' and 'fps issues' is different to other peoples.

I get, when I force leap into combat, a single second stutter. No idea why, just happens. I also get a stutter when I get on a speeder across large places with distant horizons like tatooine.

For me, its totally playable, the 1 second jump in is annoying, but seeing as a I have a 1 second cool down on all my skills, and the game is still responsive to keyboard in puts, it doesnt actually cause me an issue.

So, basically what I have would be a 'major issue' for some people, and for others, an irrelavence.

Whoever thinks WoW's graphics are better than TOR's needs to get their eyes checked.

While still dated, Blizzard did go a long ways towards updating and modernizing their engine. its now more demanding and looks much better.

The better comparison would be between LOTRO and SWTOR. Despite LOTRO's terrible character models/animations the scenery looks more or less on par with SWTOR and runs much, much better.

Edited by talligan

Sigh.

If your computer isn't running the game right it's likely due to bad video drivers, or something bogging down your system resources. Stop visiting torrents and **** sites, clean up the malicious software your computer is probably LOADED with.

I think some peoples opinion of 'cannot play' and 'fps issues' is different to other peoples.

I get, when I force leap into combat, a single second stutter. No idea why, just happens. I also get a stutter when I get on a speeder across large places with distant horizons like tatooine.

For me, its totally playable, the 1 second jump in is annoying, but seeing as a I have a 1 second cool down on all my skills, and the game is still responsive to keyboard in puts, it doesnt actually cause me an issue.

So, basically what I have would be a 'major issue' for some people, and for others, an irrelavence.

I halt and stutter just when walking around half the time. Force-leaping into combat (I'm a Jugg) is a two second stutter. Sometimes they game just freezes for up to a full minute. Load times are ridiculous, and sometimes, when loading to the game, I am kicked back to character select after a ten minute load time.

And other times, the game runs fine for an hour or two before starting to run like ****.

It is not my PC, which runs EVERY single game I have ever played on it at max settings, including recently released games with highly realistic graphics, and MMOs.

Sigh.

If your computer isn't running the game right it's likely due to bad video drivers, or something bogging down your system resources. Stop visiting torrents and **** sites, clean up the malicious software your computer is probably LOADED with.

No, no, no and no.

Video drivers are fine, I don't visit sites like that, I have about ten ways of checking my computer security and I run virus and malware scans twice a day.

it's not our PC's.

It's the game.

No, no, no and no.

Video drivers are fine, I don't visit sites like that, I have about ten ways of checking my computer security and I run virus and malware scans twice a day.

it's not our PC's.

It's the game.

Send me your PC, 100 bucks says I get it to run perfectly within 30 minutes of checking your system for problems.

I halt and stutter just when walking around half the time. Force-leaping into combat (I'm a Jugg) is a two second stutter. Sometimes they game just freezes for up to a full minute. Load times are ridiculous, and sometimes, when loading to the game, I am kicked back to character select after a ten minute load time.

And other times, the game runs fine for an hour or two before starting to run like ****.

It is not my PC, which runs EVERY single game I have ever played on it at max settings, including recently released games with highly realistic graphics, and MMOs.

I never said it was your pc (or mine for that matter) what I said was that the exact same circumstance for different people is either irrelavent, or a major issue.

You seem to have it worse than me, however you might well be describing exactly the same thing as I see, but I dont see it as a big issue (occationally it does stutter while im walking around, I found that actually taking my hands off all the keys/mouse actually gets it back faster, seems I get stuck as long as I am trying to run forwards).

But again, I dont know, without independantly playing on your machine, and you on mine, we have no way of knowing.

Send me your PC, 100 bucks says I get it to run perfectly within 30 minutes of checking your system for problems.

Not a chance in hell that I'd do that, or that you'd be successful. I've had it looked over by a good friend who went to college for years for this sort of thing and who owns his own computer shop that repairs, builds, and upgrades PC's for people for everything from gaming to high-end business hardware.

it's not the PC, period.

I am a fan of Bioware, and a fan of this game - but not a fan of people who just blindly try to insist that there aren't serious issues in need of fixing.

Not a chance in hell that I'd do that, or that you'd be successful. I've had it looked over by a good friend who went to college for years for this sort of thing and who owns his own computer shop that repairs, builds, and upgrades PC's for people for everything from gaming to high-end business hardware.

it's not the PC, period.

I am a fan of Bioware, and a fan of this game - but not a fan of people who just blindly try to insist that there aren't serious issues in need of fixing.

Post your system specifications at least. Maybe someone can identify a bottle neck because your experience is not my experience.