Cross-realm PvP announced, BW just killed SW:tOR.

Drengir

Cross-Realm PvP does NOT ruin the PvP "Community" because the game has no community to begin with. Maybe if they added server forums then they would be on to something, but until then there's no such thing as a PvP community. Having 90% of my own side hate me because my premades crush them in huttball is not community, its a bunch of whiney children that cant handle competition.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cross-Realm PvP does NOT ruin the PvP "Community" because the game has no community to begin with. Maybe if they added server forums then they would be on to something, but until then there's no such thing as a PvP community. Having 90% of my own side hate me because my premades crush them in huttball is not community, its a bunch of whiney children that cant handle competition.

There may not be a real community, but there definitely is a sense of it. I did a bunch of warzones the other day and there was another player who was in everyone I did. I later saw said player running around Ilum and said hey. The recognition, even if it's just one-sided, or a "hey" is something nice. This doesn't really happen once you add cross-server PvP.

Did you play WoW before and after they added cross-server PvP and later the cross-server dungeon finder? Both of those definitely changed the feel of the game, and I don't see why that wont happen here.

Cross-Realm PvP does NOT ruin the PvP "Community" because the game has no community to begin with. Maybe if they added server forums then they would be on to something, but until then there's no such thing as a PvP community.

There is community on my PvP server. Speak for yourself.

The problem is exactly this. We don't want dooshbags like you in our WZ's. Period.

If they implement cross-server AND same server WZ's, that's fine, but I don't want to be forced to play with dooshes from the server dooshbag.

There may not be a real community, but there definitely is a sense of it. I did a bunch of warzones the other day and there was another player who was in everyone I did. I later saw said player running around Ilum and said hey. The recognition, even if it's just one-sided, or a "hey" is something nice. This doesn't really happen once you add cross-server PvP.

Did you play WoW before and after they added cross-server PvP and later the cross-server dungeon finder? Both of those definitely changed the feel of the game, and I don't see why that wont happen here.

This.

Running into teamates or rivals in "the wild" make PvP warzones more rewarding I think. Seeing the same faces gives PvP a greater sense of competition. Not just, "Ok. Lets get this over with so I can get my commendations."

Ummm yes it does. It is called reputation. Read all about it on google.

You're so delusional about how reputation affects an entire virtual MMO game community, it's laughable. It Doesn't. The few that it "might" affect, really doesn't change everything.

Reputation in real life is vastly different when you have your REAL NAME and Identity to connect with. In a game, people who want to be jerks will be jerks because they can without real ramifications. If you think a "possible" decreased chance in grouping is going to deter every jerk in the game, you need a wake-up call.

You also forget that jerks also can have friends. They can still be in their guild or their group and can care less what you think of them.

There are several posts besides mine that know what I'm talking about.

You can keep believing what you want to believe. But those of us who understand reality of the direction these games are going, aren't quick to make narrow-minded claims.

LOL i can see it now. PVP server players fighting PVE server players. You know what happens then the cry for nerfs go insane.

But, on the + side they are going to put record/statistics in game so people will be able to see win/loss, kill/deaths, heal and other stats for your char.

Edited by Badlander

It's interesting how man yof you have equated cross server warzones with no community. Do you understand what provides of competetive community atmosphere in pvp? A ranking system is what creates an environment of reputation. It has nothing to do with which virtual mirrior you sit in waiting for queues.

This is a HORRIBLE idea, and I can't believe BioWare is caving to the instant-gratification whiners that can't stand to wait three minutes for a freaking warzone to pop. Cross-server queues destroy PvP communities. You don't get a sense of recognition, you don't interact with people outside the warzone afterwards...they just vanish, there's no sense of reputation or accountability.

I play on Jung Ma. I can't give you hard numbers on server balance, but I'd guess that I get Huttball about 50% of the time. I don't have a problem with that at all. I know the big names on the server - the threatening teams and players have already made their mark. I see a guild name or a player name that I know is going to be a problem, and my premade sticks on them like glue. Cross-server just becomes one big cluster****, and I urge the PvP community to make their voice heard on this issue.

You're so delusional about how reputation affects an entire virtual MMO game community, it's laughable. It Doesn't. The few that it "might" affect, really doesn't change everything.

Youi seem to have a problem understanding what an opinion and what a fact is. You have an opinion I think is nonsense. I don't think you have the experience to form a valid opinion based on your explanations of how you think.

My experience and opinion is that this greatly changes the dynamics of the WZ's they same way it affected WoW.

We had a great PvP scene on he server and it got flooded with all manner of doosh bags when they made it cross server.

We have a decent community now on the PvP server I am on, and I would prefer not to see a lot of dooshes flood it also.

You must be on a doosh server to not grasp this.

I think if they do it like Rift did and have small battlegroups it would be ok. It wasn't as good as server only but you did still get to know some of the players from other servers because it was a group of 3-4 servers and that was small enough that you could remeber some names and it still felt like a small community. Worldwide would be a joke as everything would end up totally anonymous.

At least in battlegroups you were able to call people out on the forums for bad behavior and other took note.

Cross-realm PvP is good for faster pop.

You still have open world pvp.

Warzones already pop in a couple minutes...and that's on the Empire side. I prefer Open World PvP, honestly...but that requires numbers, and a lot of people aren't interested in the zerg game.

Cross-server should be an option, not a mandate. People who want insta-pops can choose cross-server, those of us who are willing to wait a couple of minutes for a warzone pop to preserve the community can do so as well.

Edited by raelimar

More players to draw from, means more pvp. You people will cry about anything.

You miss the point of why people don't want cross-server queueing. You people will blindly defend anything without comprehending the situation.

Edited by Sevvy

I feel the same way as most of the pvpers do who value community over the faceless grind. To all of you that say its more competition to face other people, where is the competition if you dont know your enemy? Where is the enjoyment or satisfaction of beating the other team when you dont even know them? I clearly remember WoW pvp before they implemented cross server, it was the worst thing to ever happen to WoW. It ruined the community and ruined the reputations side of the game, leaving it as a faceless grind without comradrie, skill, or even fun. WoW went even as far as to add that feature to PvE so I'm told, random dungeons cross server. Before the cross server, we actually had black-lists if anyone remembers them from WoW, Everquest, Galaxies, or any other mmo. Where you recognized a botter, a selfish brat, or annoying punk and you ignored him and blocked him for his behavior.

There is no flitering the community when its cross server, you cant ban someone from groups for poor behavior if they arent on your server. You cant create a relationship or groups with people not on your server. WoW went down the drain after that implement of cross server, all the pvpers including myself on my server (and we were the top players in raiding guilds too btw) quit the game not long after they added that. Those of us that didnt, left after BC when Blizzard made raiding a give away session for lazy or unskilled people.

The pvp scene before cross server in WoW was great for the community. You knew everyone on your side and could even educate/assist others in playing better. You grew and evolved as a community and people actually mattered because you saw them on a daily basis. Even your enemies you grew to respect or despise for whatever reason. I would much rather lose to a premade republic from my server than lose to a pug of republics with a bunch of whiny immature kids from servers I didnt even know existed. That isnt what community is about and that isnt what mmo's are about. MMO's are about the community, if we wanted random faceless grinds then they should've just made KOTOR 3, 4,5 etc.

If we really want to stop this, (I didnt read through all 21 pages of comments i dont have that kind of time honestly so I dont know if someone already mentioned it) then we need to protest this vehemently and show Bioware we are against this change. Bioware does listen to its community unlike Blizzard, at least it has in the past. I implore you, those who care for the community, protest this and do something about it.

I feel the same way as most of the pvpers do who value community over the faceless grind. To all of you that say its more competition to face other people, where is the competition if you dont know your enemy? Where is the enjoyment or satisfaction of beating the other team when you dont even know them? I clearly remember WoW pvp before they implemented cross server, it was the worst thing to ever happen to WoW. It ruined the community and ruined the reputations side of the game, leaving it as a faceless grind without comradrie, skill, or even fun. WoW went even as far as to add that feature to PvE so I'm told, random dungeons cross server. Before the cross server, we actually had black-lists if anyone remembers them from WoW, Everquest, Galaxies, or any other mmo. Where you recognized a botter, a selfish brat, or annoying punk and you ignored him and blocked him for his behavior.

There is no flitering the community when its cross server, you cant ban someone from groups for poor behavior if they arent on your server. You cant create a relationship or groups with people not on your server. WoW went down the drain after that implement of cross server, all the pvpers including myself on my server (and we were the top players in raiding guilds too btw) quit the game not long after they added that. Those of us that didnt, left after BC when Blizzard made raiding a give away session for lazy or unskilled people.

The pvp scene before cross server in WoW was great for the community. You knew everyone on your side and could even educate/assist others in playing better. You grew and evolved as a community and people actually mattered because you saw them on a daily basis. Even your enemies you grew to respect or despise for whatever reason. I would much rather lose to a premade republic from my server than lose to a pug of republics with a bunch of whiny immature kids from servers I didnt even know existed. That isnt what community is about and that isnt what mmo's are about. MMO's are about the community, if we wanted random faceless grinds then they should've just made KOTOR 3, 4,5 etc.

If we really want to stop this, (I didnt read through all 21 pages of comments i dont have that kind of time honestly so I dont know if someone already mentioned it) then we need to protest this vehemently and show Bioware we are against this change. Bioware does listen to its community unlike Blizzard, at least it has in the past. I implore you, those who care for the community, protest this and do something about it.

Protest all you want. You all represent the minority.

Want to play with friends? Group up.

Don't have a pvp guild? Group with randoms. That's what you want anyways so long as they are on the same server apparently.

Why do I need to know my enemy to get satisfaction out of the win? If they play, It's easy to tell if someone is a scrub or educated and versed in which case it will determine my level of accomplishment out of the win.

If you really want a reputation in an MMO via PVP, just be a good player. Accomplish something worth mentioning. If the biggest part of this game for you is making sure Joe-joe the Sith Juggernaut thinks your one boss Smuggler in that tiny fish bowl of talent or maybe lack of, then just World PVP.

The fact you community junkies don't accept world PVP as a viable alternative "Because there is no reward" is starting to look hypocritical... I thought it was about the community?