Question regarding Implants - biochem

Kaydie

i know that armor and weapons of blue quality can be RE'd to get purple quality, is the same true for implants? i've been making the level 49 critical nano-optic skill package, (49 blue +crit implant) and i've RE'd 72 so far, and ihave not gotten a purple recipie, so.. is my luck really bad, or is there no artifact implants?

Your luck is really bad :/ I have had two purples found so far from two different types of blues. Read through: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866

It explains the process behind REing items. The short version goes, a green item has a chance to be RE'd into 3 different named blues, each of those blues has a chance to be RE'd into 5 different purples. GODD LUCK getting the one you need :D

They are not better than the daily commendation implant/ear, which you will be able to buy from 5 days of doing daily's.

Im sure better than those drops from Schematics in Operations,but atm most schematics that drops in Operations arent usable, just gives you a "Invalid SChematic" msg when you try to use them ^^, happend so far with Cybertech schematics and Biochem schematics that my guild has from EV.

i know that armor and weapons of blue quality can be RE'd to get purple quality, is the same true for implants? i've been making the level 49 critical nano-optic skill package, (49 blue +crit implant) and i've RE'd 72 so far, and ihave not gotten a purple recipie, so.. is my luck really bad, or is there no artifact implants?

I am up over 50 and still have not gotten the purple either for the same one.

They are not better than the daily commendation implant/ear, which you will be able to buy from 5 days of doing daily's.

Im sure better than those drops from Schematics in Operations,but atm most schematics that drops in Operations arent usable, just gives you a "Invalid SChematic" msg when you try to use them ^^, happend so far with Cybertech schematics and Biochem schematics that my guild has from EV.

They are better with a mastercraft crit. In fact, nearly every mastercraft 49 epic piece is superior to its t1 equivalent. Smart design decision by BW. Unfortunately a lot of the "crafting is no good" community members can't seem to grasp the concept :confused:.

Edited by boomdead

What are the stats like on the dailies? I thought I saw that they had 4 stats on them versus the crafted artifact implants had 6. Off the top of my head one of the two purple implants I discovered is called Hawkeye Overkill something something....

So it has 4 base stats of the item bumped up, plus power and accuracy. It is actually awesome since I am a sniper.

I am up over 50 and still have not gotten the purple either for the same one.

I've reverse engineered roughly 105 of them, and havn't gotten a single purple either.

how the hell do you stack implants? rofl

You cannot and I always break my stacks into singles before RE'ing. I am not sure if a stack of 5 medpacs counts as one RE, so you only get one chance of discoverying something new or 5 chances. To be safe I always split them....

I've reverse engineered roughly 105 of them, and havn't gotten a single purple either.

Some people are lucky :o I have discovered 2 purples so far, I am sure there are others who have more. The craptastic thing about it though is that when you RE a green it has 3 variety blue discoveries and THEN those 3 blue REs have a chance of discovering 5 different purple ones. So be sure you are RE the correct item before putting all that time into it.

For instance as a DPS class I would never want to RE anything that begins with Redoubt. Redoubt equals a + to defense.

Edited by Dakazane

I would think a quick check of the Galactic Market would have shown you that they're possible... and next time you're not sure something exists I definitely wouldn't do it 72 times with difficult resources before deciding to find out.

Blue to purple to purple exists in implants as well as green to blue to purple. And yes, it's across all levels of implants.

Some people are lucky :o I have discovered 2 purples so far, I am sure there are others who have more. The craptastic thing about it though is that when you RE a green it has 3 variety blue discoveries and THEN those 3 blue REs have a chance of discovering 5 different purple ones. So be sure you are RE the correct item before putting all that time into it.

For instance as a DPS class I would never want to RE anything that begins with Redoubt. Redoubt equals a + to defense.

Which purples? I'm specifically talking about this one recipe, the Critical Nano-Optic Skill Package. I have gotten several purple recipes from RE'ing other items (usually needing less than 20 RE for each recipe) but for this one I have received none.

Which purples? I'm specifically talking about this one recipe, the Critical Nano-Optic Skill Package. I have gotten several purple recipes from RE'ing other items (usually needing less than 20 RE for each recipe) but for this one I have received none.

I know the one I have is the Hawkeye Overkill Nano-Optic Skill Package, the other one I believe is a General Redoubt one. I have been trying to discover the Exactitude Redoubt one for our tanks in the guild. I wish that the REing for this particualr area of Biochem was linear. Because on your 110 RE you may discovery a schematic you did not want :(

Per RE post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866

Since you are REing the Critical Nano-Optic Skill Package, you could end up with one of these 5:

Critical (+Critical)

-Endowment (+Critical, +Surge)

-Fervor (+Critical, +Accuracy)

-Leadership (+Critical, +Presence)

-Supremacy (+Critical, +Alacrity)

-Tempest (+Critical, +Shield)

Imagine if you finally discovered a schematic and it was the Tempest one..... When I get home I will post the exact names of the two I have discovered so far. Right now I am happy with the Hawkeye, I am sure there are better for me to use, but right now I equip actually use the 2 Champion ones i was lucky enough to recieve from PVP.

Another frustrating thing in regards to these purples or any items in general, when you link them they do not show all the stats. I figured I could make a pretty penny on the the GTN for the hawkeyes and they never sold. Come to find out when you look at them on the GTN they only show 4 stats?!?!? I looked at other purple implants that others had made and try to sell and the same thing. Some so all the stats some show the stats as if they were the blue item. That needs to be fixed!

Edited by Dakazane

Well, I just got my first purple on about my 60th and IIRC it was Supremacy (adds alacrity) so back at it trying to get surge.

I know the one I have is the Hawkeye Overkill Nano-Optic Skill Package, the other one I believe is a General Redoubt one. I have been trying to discover the Exactitude Redoubt one for our tanks in the guild. I wish that the REing for this particualr area of Biochem was linear. Because on your 110 RE you may discovery a schematic you did not want :(

Per RE post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866

Since you are REing the Critical Nano-Optic Skill Package, you could end up with one of these 5:

Critical (+Critical)

-Endowment (+Critical, +Surge)

-Fervor (+Critical, +Accuracy)

-Leadership (+Critical, +Presence)

-Supremacy (+Critical, +Alacrity)

-Tempest (+Critical, +Shield)

Imagine if you finally discovered a schematic and it was the Tempest one..... When I get home I will post the exact names of the two I have discovered so far. Right now I am happy with the Hawkeye, I am sure there are better for me to use, but right now I equip actually use the 2 Champion ones i was lucky enough to recieve from PVP.

Another frustrating thing in regards to these purples or any items in general, when you link them they do not show all the stats. I figured I could make a pretty penny on the the GTN for the hawkeyes and they never sold. Come to find out when you look at them on the GTN they only show 4 stats?!?!? I looked at other purple implants that others had made and try to sell and the same thing. Some so all the stats some show the stats as if they were the blue item. That needs to be fixed!

I know how it works, I've read the guide and I have no qualms about it. However, what you say is irrelevant to what I was asking.

Is there anyone who has gotten a purple recipe from reverse engineering a Critical Nano-Optic Skill Package?

I know how it works, I've read the guide and I have no qualms about it. However, what you say is irrelevant to what I was asking.

Is there anyone who has gotten a purple recipe from reverse engineering a Critical Nano-Optic Skill Package?

Yes, see my post above yours. I just got my first in about 60 attempts.

Yes, see my post above yours. I just got my first in about 60 attempts.
That's what I get for elaving the window open while PVPing :p

Good, at least it means that it's not impossible. I'll continue my ventures sooner or later, but for now I'm focusing on other things.

• 1 month later...
I have also received 2 purple patterns from the critical nano-optic skill package. I have the endowment version for sure. I also have many other of the resolve, reaction, awareness, and resistance pruple patterns. Out of all of them I am having a horrible time reverse engineering the overkill nano-optic skill package. The 5 possible patterns are not in the GTN so they are either very rare and in high demand or the drop rate is just rediculous.