[Request] Predefined Global Trade Chat and Global LFG

jeflopo

Hello,

Since trade channel isn't a global chat. You can't see trade chat announces until you are in the same region of the message sender. That means that if you are in Ilum you'll only see the messages of ilum. When should be better to see them everywere you are. The same happens with Looking for group sentences in the chat (You've suffered the looking for tank/healer issues?, where are the tanks, or healers ?) Then, We need:

• Global Trade Chat Pre-defined by the game
  • Global LFF or a GUI interface tool Pre-defined by the game

Note that custom chats leads us to uses multiple versions of a global chat and it is only usable if it is explicitly defined... Not as system chats, that are implicit to the game. And this versions of chats may differ between servers. Or maybe there aren't chats like this because no one created them.

I've reported this in-game and tried to find the compilation post for feature requests but didn't found it... That indicates its useless for the user. Maybe this post should be done by Bioware and have a sticky and not by a user.

Thank You Vm

Edited by jeflopo

Chat channels are easy to make ingame. Unfortunatly way too many people are too lazy to use them

But thats a fudge, this leads us to create diferent chats... No one see them until they've explicitly created it... etc

The request ask for a Server-Whole Solution. Ready to use by all by default.

Edited by jeflopo

Chat channels are easy to make ingame. Unfortunatly way too many people, in the absence of announcements on something like a server forum, aren't aware someone has made a custom channel

Fixed it for you.

Edited by Chomag

Chat channels are easy to make ingame. Unfortunatly way too many people, in the absence of announcements on something like a server forum, aren't aware someone has made a custom channel

Fixed it for you.

You can filter the chats you see, but you still haven't a global chat solution by default. That means that just 100 users +or- in a server would use a explicitly created channel...

If the solution is made by default in the game as a system chat, you can filter it, to see it if you want, you don't need then to create a custom chat that may differs from other users version of the "same" chat... and you avoid the possibility that in one server the chat is named gtrade and in another globalt, or globaltrade... etc all of this leads to confussion and miss use of the trade chat feature.

Edited by jeflopo

Hello,

Since trade channel isn't a global chat. You can't see trade chat announces until you are in the same region of the message sender. That means that if you are in Ilum you'll only see the messages of ilum. When should be better to see them everywere you are. The same happens with Looking for group sentences in the chat (You've suffered the looking for tank/healer issues?, where are the tanks, or healers ?) Then, We need:

Note that custom chats leads us to uses multiple versions of a global chat and it is only usable if it is explicitly defined... Not as system chats, that are implicit to the game. And this versions of chats may differ between servers. Or maybe there aren't chats like this because no one created them.

I've reported this in-game and tried to find the compilation post for feature requests but didn't found it... That indicates its useless for the user. Maybe this post should be done by Bioware and have a sticky and not by a user.

Thank You Vm

I agree, and so do 90% of the people in the game, that never check the boards.

Planet-wide chat is already getting spammed enough thank to a few bad apples on some servers, can you imagine the never-ending crap on a global channel?

It is not usual, because people usually don't want to get ignored and if it happens you can temporarily ignore the spammer/flooder. In this game you can use 10 tabs I think... You could set one for trades, and filter the chat input. To keep the important things in other tabs... Thats not really a problem.

Edited by jeflopo

The game doesn't need a global LFG channel.

But the game needs level bracketed channels, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50, that way as a lvl 50 character I don't see LFG messages of BT on Ilum.

Edit: Fİxed a typo

Edited by keijim

The game doesn't need a global LFG channel.

But the game needs level bracketed channels, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50, that way as a lvl 50 character I don't see LFG messages of BT on Ilum.

Edit: Fİxed a typo

Uhm that's an alternative way I like too :D Good point mate !!!!

Hello,

Thank You Vm

That's IF they bother to use Trade Channel. People wanna use General. Bakas.

• 2 years later...

No worries I just falsly assumed that you were replying to someone specific in this thread who is unlikely to ever respond if he is even still playing.

For what it's worth I support this idea especially now that a lot of people are hanging out in their strongholds instead of fleet.

<snip>

For what it's worth I support this idea especially now that a lot of people are hanging out in their strongholds instead of fleet.

^ That's why I like this idea. I have stuff in my legacy storage that I can reach much faster for trade purposes if we had a global trade set up.

I also like the level-bracketed LFG channel, but at the same time, sometimes my BH at 55 runs heroics with others on lowbie planets, and then leaves so the lower group members get the full exp value. Unless they're also over leveled, then it down matter.