Future Playable Races [Suggestion Thread].

Flitz

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, Lord, no Mon Calamari.

If BW puts in Mon Cal as a playable race, they have to put in Ewoks too so i can roll an ewok sith marauder.

In all seriousness, I'd like to see wookies down the road. Only as troopers and smugglers & imperial equivalents tho... jedi wookies is a bit too far imo. Droids would be really cool; i would totally play as HK-47. And I cant help but think about general grevious for inspiration on droid saber users...

Edited by Seattlite

I have high hopes new races will be made available, The republic need an equivelent of sith purebloods...my hopes are Nautolan or Cathar like the rest of you but I would love to see the Cerean race.....and the headgear helmet option can just appear as hidden because why would you want to hide that glorious cranium under a mask or hood???

check this link, its how my perfect republic alt would look. Eye-patch included!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110926221045/starwars/images/9/9f/Ki_adi_mundi_eyepatch_concept_art.jpg

1.Cathar

2.Nautolan

3.Kaleesh

I would love to see Cerean added . I hope to see races that haven't been used before as playable like the sith purebloods or Mirialan....Then again Innovation comes from the producer - not from the customer.

So surprise us Bioware!

Edited by Bombad_jedi

Ithorians are easily the coolest race ever, even if they would be republic only! Bring on the Ithorians!

Back when I tabletop gamed, I played Star Wars d20, and had an Ithorian Force Adept, that I loved. Making an Ithorian Sage, would be my dream species/class.

Back when I tabletop gamed, I played Star Wars d20, and had an Ithorian Force Adept, that I loved. Making an Ithorian Sage, would be my dream species/class.

I am also a big Ithorian Fan...anyone seen the original hand drawn clone wars cartoon with the ithorian in...2 words...'Four throats'...and no basic....yet if Bioware could implement a voice translater implant idea in game.....add some mechanical echo effects like when you wear a helmet.....would people accept that in order for a Ithorian to speak basic? Then again I've played Dragon Age Origins and my character never said a word...Its a shame because Ithorians would make great character to play as and I'd quite happily forgo a voiceover...kind of misses the point of what the games major selling point is though right?

Edited by Bombad_jedi

I like most of ythe speices on the first page. Now that I have legacy levels I kinda hope they let us know if alll, some or any species will be unlocked with Legacy,

Personaly I would accept no helmets, no romances, and some sort of implant over thsoe few species who are known for not being able to speak basic mouths. However in the game a Number of Twi'Lek, Chiss, Gran and Kel'dor can not speak basic but we know the majority of their species can so just because a rare alien can't the majority of the species might be able to.

Edited by Izorii

Please Please Please Add TORGRUTA! It would not be as hard as some people are thinking... in essence they are twi'lek with horns and painted faces... even their history says they are related to twi'lek and horns are used as a locating centering mechanism. Add horns to the twi'lek and paint faces, the headtail are already there...

Turns out I am wrong( and I am glad!) Ithorians can speak basic but it comes with a strange accent...I read this " Abroad, Ithorians have intergrated well with the intergalactic community. Their own language is incredibly beautiful, yet difficult to learn, as the ithorians have twin mouths on opposite sides of their necks. Fortunatley, they CAN speak BASIC, albeit with a strange accent. "... I am not sure how true this is in the ever changing galaxy of the Star wars universe but that leaves the Ithorians as a top of the list to add to playable races....right?..just tweak the VO...add some effects :p

something tells me I may as well be speaking to a herd of nerfs right about now

BIOWARE CAST YOUR EYE TO THIS THREAD!

Unlocking 6 new races for republic and 2 for the empire (bounty hunter only)

could change the current imbalance in factions.

Replace Cyborg with a proper Race would be a start.

Species who don't speak basic could have a companion translate for them.

Regarding some comments about modeling, a lot of species are already in the game as npc.

Its just a matter of making them available. I guess BW wants to hand them over with an expansion pack. I guess a big .... mistake ^^

Edited by GorZie

I would love to have the Taung as playable.

Although no statement has been made whether they're extinct yet, it could be established that like the Sith Pureblood that very few exist and are rarely seen. However rather than starting on the starter planet of the chosen class, have any Taung player start on Roon or Mandalore and they move on after to the capital world.

I would suggest Roon as although the planet is highly populated, few possibly still exist here due to the Cloak of the Sith as well being the place where the Taung fled to after being driven off Coruscant.

Edited by Vitas

I'll add a few:

Wookiee - Like most MMO players, Wookiees are devoted, loyal friends and are very distrustful of strangers. Models/voice-overs already in the game! Win!

Ewok - A species of teddy-bear-like hunter-gatherers, suitable for hugging or punting!

Ugnaught - Ugnaughts are a race of workers and scavengers that are short with pig-like faces. Already also in the game! More suitable for punting than Ewoks...

Jawa - A pygmy rodentlike race. They are a hardworking people that work as scavengers and tinkerers. Another little guy already in the game. I must have a soft spot for the little guys.

That's all from me. Really I'd like to see something a little more varied than the different flavors of humanoid that we currently have. I have hope.

Unlocking 6 new races for republic and 2 for the empire (bounty hunter only)

could change the current imbalance in factions.

Replace Cyborg with a proper Race would be a start.

Species who don't speak basic could have a companion translate for them.

Regarding some comments about modeling, a lot of species are already in the game as npc.

Its just a matter of making them available. I guess BW wants to hand them over with an expansion pack. I guess a big .... mistake ^^

Hopefully they will get rid of cyborg.

However I am hoping all species will be open to all classes if they are unlocked through Legacy. Currently I don't chose my alligence because of the species they can be (all painted humans are pretty similar really) I pick a side, then a class, then a species. The species which in other MMO's is the first thing to choose is an after thought in TOR. Forcing me to be a republic to play a Kel'Dor would be annoying and cause issues with me and my friends I play with as they are all imps.