Whcih adrenal is best for a healing Operative?

darkrevival

Was just cuirious which adrenal you guys were all using? Im debating between the obvious 3 (crit, surge, power).

I know power is our worse secondary stat (maybe alacrity) but i was thinking that at least you would get a constant benefit from it in the 15 seconds u have. Ive geared toward crit and surge, and love them but i might not crit in 15 seconds for surge adrenal to be useful, same with crit.

What do u guys think?

I don't use or rate power either. Crap returns and you have to invest everything to make it even slightly worthwhile.

My surge is at 87% or so unbuffed so the surge Adrenal only takes it up to 97%. I'd suggest getting the crit one if your surge is that high.

I usually stack mine when burst healing is needed with a crit/surge relic clickie.

You do realize by stacking Power your average heal would still be substantially higher correct? And it would also increase the effectiveness of various abilities you could use. Stacking crit only really makes sense if you have a ton of beneficial "On Crit" procs that really justify doing so.

You do realize by stacking Power your average heal would still be substantially higher correct? And it would also increase the effectiveness of various abilities you could use. Stacking crit only really makes sense if you have a ton of beneficial "On Crit" procs that really justify doing so.

Substantially higher? Do you stack power? I'm at 214power and I replace all my enhancements to battle enhancements (+crit, +surge), that 214power gives me +36 healing. What does your power give you? Cause that's not a good return.

All theorycrafting ive read, from some very good theorycrafters, puts crit and surge at the top of out stat weighs by FAR.

Power has terrible returns,and ive spoke to hard mode raiders who say that even stacking power, they sill rely on crits because a non crit heal is so poor.

Tests myself using an extra 2-300 more power and less surge and crit have resulted in a much less enjoyable time healing, its ratio is awful, it needs a buff.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Scoundrel-Operative-Healing-Compendium ---- very good theorycrafting discussion

Your initial post made it sound as though you were saying Power is useless, I was unaware it actually did scale that poorly. I'd recommend going Crit, since if you then take full advantage of the Surge you already have rather than gambling on whether or not you'll get an adequate amount of Crits to make the Surge Adrenal worth using.

yeah reading back i may have sounded that way :), however, im still considering the power adrenal just because its a constant (though small) extra bit of healing for that 15 seconds.

Saying that, one extra crit in that time would most likely save a death more times than a bit of extra healing

All theorycrafting ive read, from some very good theorycrafters, puts crit and surge at the top of out stat weighs by FAR.

Power has terrible returns,and ive spoke to hard mode raiders who say that even stacking power, they sill rely on crits because a non crit heal is so poor.

Tests myself using an extra 2-300 more power and less surge and crit have resulted in a much less enjoyable time healing, its ratio is awful, it needs a buff.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Scoundrel-Operative-Healing-Compendium ---- very good theorycrafting discussion

The entire problem with crit/surge is that it makes for an unreliable healer. This is discussed in the thread you linked. It's pointed out that mathematically the best stats are Surge>Crit>Power>Alacrity (until you hit ~600, afterwards Crit>Surge), but for a reliable healer you'd want Power>Surge>Crit>Alacrity.

I know power doesn't scale too well, IIRC it's something like 4 power/tech power = 1 bonus healing, but it's always there and it boosts your crits as well. My personal preference would be to keep them more or less balanced.

Since the discussion is over adrenals I'm more mixed though. Typically this is popped when you _really_ need high heals. I'd be tempted to say this is one instance stacking crits might make more sense, but it depends on the crit cap. Do Adrenals have a separate one? If not the cap of ~30% from crit rating makes a crit adrenal rather useless. Surge has the same concern. Power doesn't have those hardcaps afaik, so once you go past your caps it starts making sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I was doing an internet search for this same question.

Which adrenal is best for a healing operative?

I've read the posts in this thread and decided to go with the +crit for now. Since the +power adrenals subtract healing done by a %. However i noticed the +Tech power - Damage adrenal, and someone also made a post about it....

Force power/tech power adrenal seems to be a better pick :) It reduces your damage by 50% but you wont ever pop it when you're actually able to deal damage, am I right?

...Noticing that it clearly reduces damage by 50% leads me to assume that only a healing class would be interested in it.

So would i be best to go for this +tech power over the +crit adrenal?

More power, garanteed +healz... crit and surge however not. And you can stack however much crit and surge you want, if you hit the caps you can shove them :rolleyes: Once you hit the crit/surge caps stack as much power as you can as a secondary stat, and you will be healing much better.

More power, garanteed +healz... crit and surge however not. And you can stack however much crit and surge you want, if you hit the caps you can shove them :rolleyes: Once you hit the crit/surge caps stack as much power as you can as a secondary stat, and you will be healing much better.

I get that it's best to add power, as many of the posts say in this thread.

However the only adrenals that add +power that i know of (i haven't maxed out the craft yet) directly state a % decrease in healing done. So that pretty much negates the use of them for healers, no?

So, with that said, i see the "opposite" in the adrenal that adds +Tech power and % decrease in damage done.

Leading me to think that this would be the choice adrenal for Operative healers?

So, with that said, i see the "opposite" in the adrenal that adds +Tech power and % decrease in damage done.

Leading me to think that this would be the choice adrenal for Operative healers?

That is the best adrenal for healers.

The power adrenal one has a reduction in healing IIRC. If you're in optimized gear, you'll get relatively little from surge b/c of the fairly high dimishing returns. Similar with critical rating, although critical is not as heavily punished by dimishing returns as surge is. Also with critical, you can be unlucky and not benefit from a crit or not have one at all (getting a critical is purely random).

--------------

Most of the advice in this thread is only valid regarding actual gearing. In that case, you do want to get surge and critical up to about 75% and 35% respectively. After that point, you hit dimishing returns fairly heavily and power becomes better.

Edited by Infalliable

All the posts in this thread from January are before surge got a major nerf, making both crit and surge less valuable (crit itself wasn't nerfed but since critical hits have a lower bonus than they used to, they are less valuable). Power is king now.

All the posts in this thread from January are before surge got a major nerf, making both crit and surge less valuable (crit itself wasn't nerfed but since critical hits have a lower bonus than they used to, they are less valuable). Power is king now.

It depends also on playstyle. I'm Lethality and the crits are very important as it helps me not only with damage, but also help me to manage my energy. In warzone, i just Poison dart everyone i can, throw in some Corrosive grenades and then all crit dots restore my energy, at 42% crit in PVP gear + 12% from talents for dots means i crit a lot. And having energy = win.

It depends also on playstyle. I'm Lethality and the crits are very important as it helps me not only with damage, but also help me to manage my energy. In warzone, i just Poison dart everyone i can, throw in some Corrosive grenades and then all crit dots restore my energy, at 42% crit in PVP gear + 12% from talents for dots means i crit a lot. And having energy = win.

Not really >.>

With even moderate gear it is more than possible to reach the tipping point for crit as well as surge no matter how much your spec is inclined towards crit. If that 475/535 crit is more beneficial than 475/535 power then you should be geared so you have more crit rating ALL the time instead of blowing an adrenal for it.

I run with 3 on my OP healer;:

Attack adrenal, which is mainly used if i am participating in a burn phase and dont have to worry about heavy healing for a period of time (ex. 1st burn on the walker for the kephess unyielding fight).

Triage adrenal, which is mainly used when i expecting or knowing that my heals need a bit more healing power behind them to help top people up (ex. Foremen Crusher when the tank may not have a CD or a good CD for a frenzy, after lighting storm on the DG fight in TFB).

Alacrity adrenal, which is used the least (mainly because how healing works in this game), but is used truly as a "OH ****!" button, when i need my injection to have completed it cast yesterday to save the tank's ***. (ex. due to the random nature of a "OH ****!" button, it is hard to give an example, but the most i have used it was during the progression period for kephess undying, when the tanks and healers were running quite far distances to get in range of the towers)

Alacrity adrenal, which is used the least (mainly because how healing works in this game), but is used truly as a "OH ****!" button, when i need my injection to have completed it cast yesterday to save the tank's ***. (ex. due to the random nature of a "OH ****!" button, it is hard to give an example, but the most i have used it was during the progression period for kephess undying, when the tanks and healers were running quite far distances to get in range of the towers)

Out of curiosity how low can you get your injection cast with that up? ( I presume you've some natural alacrity as well)

I might go craft one of those because well, why not but I haven't really seen any scenario where a +alacrity injection would be more useful than a +power infusion.