We need mailboxes in our ships

Drehzen

Don't be so dramatic. Sometimes people don't feel like having to wait through 3 load screens to get some crafting done.

Those loading screens that you want to avoid are actually in the heart of SWTOR and the designers have placed a lot of faith on to bring in the MMO crowds. You are simply not playing the game as was intended.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yet lightsabers are perfectly plausible..

Hate to tell you, with the technology we have now, we can create a magnetic field to contain plasma.... and that's exactly what a lightsaber is.

It's just a matter of technology just getting better and thus smaller now. Only other issue is the heat of the plasma, which needless to say, would not be able to be held in one's hand.

On Topic: I would definitely like a mailbox in our ships, with maybe the requirement that you have to land on a planet in order to get the goods being sent.

Edited by Daeada

Those loading screens that you want to avoid are actually in the heart of SWTOR and the designers have placed a lot of faith on to bring in the MMO crowds. You are simply not playing the game as was intended.

Actually when i just want to pick something up from another planet so that i can craft, it's quite annoying when i could just do it from my ship.

How would the physical objects you receive in the mail get to your ship?

Because your ship is docked quite often, so the mailman brings it into the spaceport, then it gets loaded on your ship when you dock?

makes perfect sense to me.

not once have i been to fleet and not said something along the lines of this,

currently when theres 250 people in fleet i lag like no tomorrow(dont have the best pc but it does ok)

-id like to see mail at a terminal on ships (or at least on thier guild mothership if that goes through)

-id like to be able to grab dailies from somewere else

- evan another terminal on ship, seperate ones for pvp, flashpoint

- so i can travel through space, i have a holo terminal but cant manage to send a msg or recieve?

i understand people saying no it groups us together for community, but traveling to fleet isnt always the best option when ur out questing.

people still have to travel to fleet for vendors,flashpoints,rest xp

this would also help fill in some of the wasted space on the ships.

The same way you can send you companion across the galaxy on a mission to retrieve an exotic biochemical compound, and have it magically appear in your inventory 3 minutes later without them ever even showing up to hand it to you.

YEAH!! cause in this game you can see mail men driving mail trucks and dropping of loads of mail to all the mail boxes.

in fact how do the mailmen know exaclty where to send my mail, like i might have mail and i might decide to grab it on tatooine, how did that mailman know to leave the mail exactly at tatooine???

YEAH!! cause in this game you can see mail men driving mail trucks and dropping of loads of mail to all the mail boxes.

in fact how do the mailmen know exaclty where to send my mail, like i might have mail and i might decide to grab it on tatooine, how did that mailman know to leave the mail exactly at tatooine???

Force Sensitive Super Mailmen, Trained in the ways of the Force for this Humongous Destiny

Ships need to play a larger role and have more features.

The whole ship deal about this game was hyped so hard before release, but it's just a interactive teleporter.

Tbh having my own ship played a large role in why i wanted this game so much.

One is called abstraction, the other is called magic. This was not a Pixie game last time I checked.

---

One is called abstraction, the other is called magic. This was not a Pixie game last time I checked.

---

Magic like when you send out your companions on simultaneous gathering missions to the four corners of the galaxy (for 3 minutes), and have the mats magically appear in your inventory without them ever even being summoned?

There's no such thing as the Force either, but you don't have a problem with the game for having force lightning and lightsabers.

This game is based on certain movies, there was no indication of magical physical shipment there. My expectations are firmly based on what can be reasonably expected in view of the source material, as opposed to suggestions based on nothing reasonable at all, manifested only here.

---

Magic like when you send out your companions on simultaneous gathering missions to the four corners of the galaxy (for 3 minutes), and have the mats magically appear in your inventory without them ever even being summoned?

That's abstraction. It still follows a certain logic, it's just that the time scale is compressed.

---

The people against this sort of idea need to stop playing MMO's.

The convenience of a mailbox in your ship would be highly useful! If you are a purist, you can completely avoid your ship's mailbox.

Besides, it's much more realistic that you can get mail in your ship than it is for your lvl 10 companion to go on a crew skill mission to alderaan and search some viable bacteria and be back in 3 minutes.

This game is based on certain movies, there was no indication of magical physical shipment there. My expectations are firmly based on what can be reasonably expected in view of the source material, as opposed to suggestions based on nothing reasonable at all, manifested only here.

---

They never mentioned datacrons, or holocrons or vibroswords or force focusers, or power crystals either. Yet that is all in game and doesn't phase you.

They never mentioned datacrons, or holocrons or vibroswords or force focusers, or power crystals either. Yet that is all in game and doesn't phase you.

Those items doesn't especially break any inherent logic or sense of continuation in the process. Mail delivery is a process, it comes with certain expectations.

---